Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd he wouldn't confirm or deny whether any remains were found. If not you'd think they would say. I wonder if they have found fragments that they think could be remains but aren't sure. Ugh
Since they aren’t holding the POI, I am hopeful that that means they haven’t found evidence indicating that she is deceased. I want so badly to believe she is alive.

I find it very suspicious that the two items were given away, listed separately on two different sites and several days apart. And yet if you look at the pictures, it's obvious the photos were taken at the same time.
Trying to be sneaky, he probably never thought WSers would have found those ads and mentioned them even before the PC.

So they are trying to find out who was trying to sell the mattresses.
This is going down hill so fast.
There had to be something found for the ME van to have been there.
I just came back from an AirBnB.
Never would've thought.
Chi

KSL Newsradio on Twitter
KSL Newsradio‏Verified account @kslnewsradio 2m2 minutes ago
KSL Newsradio Retweeted Kelli Pierce

Here's the latest from @ChiefMikeBrown and @slcpd. Currently, Police have identified the homeowner of the residence they served a warrant to last night as a person of interest and are currently asking the public for a mattress and box spring he gave away. #MackenzieLueck

KSL Newsradio added,

Kelli Pierce @KelliReports
The #SLC Police Chief is about to give an update in the #MackenzieLueck case. Stay tuned to @kslnewsradio (and my Twitter feed) for the latest. SLC Police Dept. on Twitter
Show this thread
0 replies0 retweets1 like

I wonder if the burning in the yard was housing materials like carpet. That would give off a noxious odor.

I also didn't realize that people rented out single rooms on Air bnb!
I would be reallllllly uncomfortable in a house where another person was living.
BBM. My brother is in college and has stayed in single room airbnb units in LA multiple times, for really cheap. If you're on a really tight budget (~$300/week) it makes sense to stay in one if you need to be somewhere.

First time posting here.

I lived around the corner from this house until recently, so I know the neighborhood very well. This is "old" Salt Lake, and the houses are fairly close together. This house is on a narrow lot, so I can see why the neighbors would complain. A bonfire would also be out of place during the summer, though the temperature dropped late last week for a few days. I drove by the house today on my way to work and while there were no police, there was a large crowd of varying news stations.

Another note - I work in information security, so I take particular interest in online activities. While I won't speculate on her SM presence particularly, I will say it is difficult to hide your online tracks. People are creatures of habit and it can assist in tying together information, but it takes time and patience. However, the FBI, which is now involved, has a large arsenal of tools that make digital forensics considerably easier. There are a number of things within SM profiles, email accounts, etc, that can give away location and as you dig, you can start to visualize a picture. It may not be entirely complete, but you can generally fill in the gaps.

The situation to me seems like it is setting up to have been very cold and calculated, well planned and premeditated. A scenario where the person/people set it up where they could play things out like they wanted. A fantasy for them?
I don’t think it was just friends or semi-friends meeting up and something going awry.
I hope I am very wrong, but I fear either way it’s going to be a sad outcome.

MOO: My gut feeling is that ML and this guy have had an ongoing friends with benefits sort of situation going on that nobody else was aware of. Lots of people do this. But my suspicion is that she became pregnant and wanted to keep the baby and he was against that.

ML looked like she had been crying at the airport and while that could have been about her grandma, it could also be about something overwhelming in her personal life. I think he lured her to meet him to discuss things in regard to this situation. Maybe they were getting close to the time limit on when an abortion could happen and he wanted her to look into it? I don’t know, but I don’t think this meet up had to do with drugs or just a casual hang out. It was planned and I think he intended on ending her life because she wouldn’t terminate. This is all speculation. MOO

SLC Police Dept. on Twitter
SLC Police Dept.‏Verified account @slcpd 3m3 minutes ago
We are looking to find this mattress as well as a box spring in relation to this case. These items were possibly given away from 547 N. 1000 W. If you picked up these items please contact us at 801-799-3000 #MackenzieLueck #missingperson

D-FKqVEUcAE-i1L.png

1 reply9 retweets6 likes

First time posting here.

I lived around the corner from this house until recently, so I know the neighborhood very well. This is "old" Salt Lake, and the houses are fairly close together. This house is on a narrow lot, so I can see why the neighbors would complain. A bonfire would also be out of place during the summer, though the temperature dropped late last week for a few days. I drove by the house today on my way to work and while there were no police, there was a large crowd of varying news stations.

Another note - I work in information security, so I take particular interest in online activities. While I won't speculate on her SM presence particularly, I will say it is difficult to hide your online tracks. People are creatures of habit and it can assist in tying together information, but it takes time and patience. However, the FBI, which is now involved, has a large arsenal of tools that make digital forensics considerably easier. There are a number of things within SM profiles, email accounts, etc, that can give away location and as you dig, you can start to visualize a picture. It may not be entirely complete, but you can generally fill in the gaps.
Welcome securitynerd! Glad to have you. Since you do work in information security and are a local to this case, you may want to contact a mod to become a verified professional!

Yeah but you're talking about questioning and criticizing choices, not "asking about the event" leading up to the crime or death.
I've had and several people had posts deleted that just expressed not understanding the lifestyle. The report trigger fingers may have been on high alert, but just mentioning what a victim was doing is not shaming them. People need to stop, think about what's been posted, and see the actual meaning of someone's words. In the same way, society needs to stop, think about how lifestyles and trends are changing, and hopefully use the information accordingly. For example, I now have a lot of other things to warn my niece about when she is online. And I now know what some phrases and terms and vines she is watching mean. It is no longer enough to have general warnings about popular things like uber/Lyft, the internet SM and various online cultures. Clear as day.

Police have ‘person of interest’ in MacKenzie Lueck case; ask for help locating mattress, box spring
[...]

Chief Mike Brown said the owner of that residence is considered a person of interest in the case. No arrests have been made at this time.

He also said they are trying to locate a mattress and box spring that were given away at a residence at 547 North 1000 West in the Fair Park area of Salt Lake City.

Brown said they want the person who took those items to contact their department.

Other evidence taken from the home is being “processed and analyzed and this will take some time,” Brown said.

The search for Lueck remains an open investigation.

[...]
Boy, not a genius move at all IMO - he already had a bonfire - although the box springs wouldn't burn. his little Kia probably couldn't hold the mattress so he could throw it in a dumpster but to list them ?? Wow- I'm flabbergasted at this move. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard