Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reviewed some photos of the house, and drove by it this morning. There is a Vivint security sign in the yard.

Why is this important? I'll explain.

I also have Vivint - both security monitoring and home automation. The great thing about automation is that there is a log in the account for entries, exits, alarms, smoke alarms, etc. For example on my set up, I've named each entry point based off its location, and so when an entry or exit happens, it is logged with that name. I also have a doorbell camera that picks up sound and allows for two-way communication. Assuming this homeowner also has a similar setup, and IMO I would expect someone with their supposed education and AirBnB setup to have it - Vivint will have a log of timestamps, even if there was an attempted deletion on the homeowner's end. I imagine this would be a warrant the SLCPD would pursue to corroborate a theory or exonerate a suspect.

Digital footprints are extremely hard to hide - it takes skill and knowledge. IMO, ML was not attempting to hide her tracks, and her information is what will or has lead LE to this point.
Great insight. I hope there is video as well.

KUTV 2News on Twitter
He said he's spoken with Greg Lueck and he can feel the "heartache, suffering and pain" in his voice. He reiterated the commitment to find MacKenzie "and bring her home."
10:04 AM - 27 Jun 2019

Heidi Hatch on Twitter
The owner of the house gave away a mattress. Police want the mattress and box spring back. #MacKenzieLueck
D-FIms-UcAAXGfL.jpg
D-FIms1U0AACZI5.jpg

10:05 AM - 27 Jun 2019

KSL 5 TV on Twitter
SLCPD Chief Mike Brown says no arrests have been made in the #MackenzieLueck investigation. Homeowner is person of interest, but authorities are not releasing his identity at this time.
10:06 AM - 27 Jun 2019

Hopefully, law enforcement can track down the ISP and all the people that actually looked at it. I know they can't contact people through them calling him as it was said to pick it up at the curb, but wouldn't you think that law enforcement could find, with a search warrant that might take three weeks or more, who actually viewed that post?

Yea this is what is confusing me. I get it that he lived basically right there in that area before, so it is known to him and he perhaps even knew that the cameras in the area were dummy cameras? It's just so weird.
!

As someone mentioned before, maybe he used the Airbnb as an excuse to meet at the park - just got some new guests. Maybe things went south when he decided to take her to his place and she didn't want to go because by now her atennae were up.

Why would the homeowner go to the trouble of listing them on 2 sites if he was just going to curb them? Seems counter-intuitive, doesn't it? I mean we know he listed both items, there's digital proof.

Jason Nguyen on Twitter
.@ChiefMikeBrown says they went to the house because of a digital footprint. It could be linked to a like on #MackenzieLueck's Instagram case. @abc4utah
10:09 AM - 27 Jun 2019
What exactly are they referencing here as far as IG goes?

The new follow that her public account did yesterday.

So the fact that her account started following the fatherless acct yesterday is what lead to that house? That's kind of what that quote sounds like.

Oh boy. This is an example of what drives me nuts on this site.

The first quote is a tweet from a reporter. The reporter was not quoting LE. The first sentence of the reporter's tweet is his summary of what he believes LE said. The second sentence of the tweet is apparently the reporter's own speculation, as LE did not discuss Instagram likes during the PC.

Then a poster, in response to the question about the tweet, states as fact something that there is no basis for from the PC - because again, there was no mention of an instagram like.

And now there's someone saying the quote sounds like the fact that ML's instagram account started following the fatherless account yesterday was what lead LE to the house.

If you listen to the PC, here are the two times the LEO used the term "digital footprint."

Question - inaudible

Answer - "That right now we don't know, but we do know that through the investigation, this is a digital forensic investigation. This is covering computers, cellphones, IP address, URLs, texting apps, so this is very complicated and it has a digital footprint that our investigators have been following for...since last Thursday."

A few minutes later....

Question - inaudible (guessing it was about what led them to the house?)

Answer - "We're not confirming what led us to that other than good detective work and this forensic digital footprint."

I understand the mattress and box spring were listed online as free, but I am a bit confused as to whether they were unloaded that way, or if they were just left out by the curb as free and someone driving by took them. I thought I had read a quote that they were taken from out front but I might be completely imagining that.

Although Freecycle says not to offer curb alerts, people do, and it happens often on Craigslist.

As someone mentioned before, maybe he used the Airbnb as an excuse to meet at the park - just got some new guests. Maybe things went south when he decided to take her to his place and she didn't want to go because by now her atennae were up.

I thought about that too but why meet in the first place? And why there since it’s past where he lives in relation to the airport? Unless she didn’t know where he lived ...

UT - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #6

All of these post talk about undercover law enforcement going to the front door. They knew about the posting for the mattresses at that time? This was right before the search warrants were served.

I guess it's that time he did talk to law enforcement, so perhaps that is where those words came from law enforcement today in the Presser.

Why would the homeowner go to the trouble of listing them on 2 sites if he was just going to curb them? Seems counter-intuitive, doesn't it? I mean we know he listed both items, there's digital proof.

I’m starting to notice that I’ve given away a lot of items via Freecycle and Craigslist...one reason is that if you just put things out on the curb, they might sit there a while depending on the people who drive by and what they want or need. Listing them gives you a bigger audience and chance of getting the item taken. Also, at times, after emailing with a person to give away an item, I’ve told them the location and left the item by the front steps so the person could just come get whatever it was. I wouldn’t put it by the curb then, of course.

I was thinking about this last night. This case has A LOT of app/social media usage. The SB/SD site, the usual IG/FB/Twitter, Air BNB, LetGo, FB Marketplace....this is a good place to start if you want to discuss online dangers with friends or your kids.

I know. My head is spinning with all these sites and both ML and the homeowner seem like savvy and frequent users.

Hey Everyone,

If you start out a post with something along the lines of "I'm not victim blaming but" then what follows is always some form of victim blaming.
Opinions on dating lifestyle choices do no good in the search for Mackenzie. Please remember this and post accordingly.
Thank you.
Tricia

Last edited:
I am so lost...I will be willing to go back and read,but can someone direct me to where to begin on TODAY's developments.
Timeline: Events surrounding the disappearance, search for missing U of U student
Thursday, June 27
Dozens of boxes of ammunition were found inside the Salt Lake City home allegedly connected to Lueck.

Police have booked a gardening tool and several other items into evidence, a 2News crew saw at the scene.

"Crime scene vehicles coming and going this morning at the house in west SLC that’s somehow connected to #MackenzieLueck disappearance.

Investigators have been out here since yesterday afternoon.

Salt Lake City PD appears to be wrapping up or at least scaling back on search at Fairpark home. Mobile command center has cleared out. Bags of evidence being carried out. #MackenzieLueck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288