Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want the mattress to verify that she had slept on it IMHO. Chief said it's still a missing persons case and implied that POI is barely helpful. I think maybe the dude is a tech savvy himbo, but possibly innocent? Chief used the Insta follow to exemplify data forensics.

Dare i suggest a faint, very faint hope that this is a kidnapping for money (or whatever) scenario involving a number of people?
imo, speculation.

Ita.
And if she's been kidnapped-- she might be alive and can be returned to her family !
We can hope !

An Air bnb owner who was also named a POI in this case, and whose backyard has been dug up, and who got rid of items the police are requesting to be turned over...

Agreed.
He has not been cooperating with LE.

So here is a guy who didn't leave town, didn't proactively call the police once MK hit the news, started a bonfire, openly put ads up for possible crime scene evidence, and allowed comings and goings to go to the cloud through his doorbell?

So, you have a girl, exhausted, vulnerable, emotional, who decides to get in a waiting vehicle in a dark, deserted park at 3am, which then possibly took her to a $27 a night crash pad?

So you have a Lyft driver who likes night shifts, picks up a girl from a what looked like a deserted airport, and drops her off in a dark park, alone, and hands her off to a mysterious vehicle? A perfect storm of WTAF?
I know the Lyft driver has been cleared , but I was just thinking how easy it would be for the driver to stop at the park and politely inform ML that he contacted another Lyft driver to bring her to the rest of her destination due to some excuse.He could have easily been working as a partner with POI.
In a deserted park , ML would probably comply and get in the other car believing /trusting it was another lyft .

He listed the house for sale??

Forgive me if this has already been addressed as i'm way behind in this thread, but he did not list his house for sale. He listed a mattress for sale, five days ago now, on an app called Letgo, that was sold. And 23 hours ago, he listed the box spring for sale on FB Marketplace.

There is something really bugging me here in the way we keep talking about the mattress and Airbnb. When I looked at the listing for the bed, it was listed as "new" and was wrapped in plastic. I get that it might have been involved in a crime but the folks who picked it up probably thought they were getting a great deal, new bed, for free.

We have a mom's swap FB page for our town and mattresses are frequently sold AND BOUGHT by people on the page - and this is an upper-middle class neighborhood - Kenzie's neighbordhood :( Eh, steam clean it, put a thick mattress pad on it and some clean sheets and boom!

I know the Lyft driver has been cleared , but I was just thinking how easy it would be for the driver to stop at the park and politely inform ML that he contacted another Lyft driver to bring her to the rest of her destination due to some excuse.He could have easily been working as a partner with POI.
In a deserted park , ML would probably comply and get in the other car believing /trusting it was another lyft .

This doesn't make sense since ML was the one who put park's address in. You have to choose your destination before the driver comes and picks you up.

Ita.

Some countries like (I believe this is one of them) Venezuela do not have an extradition treaty-- so if he went there, he'd be safe and could not be turned over to the U.S. , nor tried.

There is something really bugging me here in the way we keep talking about the mattress and Airbnb. When I looked at the listing for the bed, it was listed as "new" and was wrapped in plastic. I get that it might have been involved in a crime but the folks who picked it up probably thought they were getting a great deal, new bed, for free.

As for Airbnb, while there are really nice places to stay on that site, there are also lower end listings such as this. Many folks, myself included, like the idea of being able to just sort of couch surf when traveling as opposed to paying exorbitant hotel costs. This means my accommodations might not be 5 star but that's ok. It also means I meet some pretty cool people. I think that is the case with those who left reviews on this house.

There has been conversation about victim shaming. What about the victim shaming of the folks who stayed at the Airbnb or took the bed? They are likely victims too and probably are shocked to learn that they are indirectly now involved. That said, they don't deserve the negative comments for the seemingly harmless choices they made.

My first thought about the mattress/box spring being wrapped in plastic it was going to be put out for trash pickup if someone did not pick it up. Free if someone gets it vs an extra charge from trash company. Back to the plastic. We are required to wrap all mattresses in plastic, then tape it up for trash pick up, otherwise they won't take it.

I have also stayed in similar places before going backpacking for several days. I just need a place to crash, get some descent sleep before hitting the trail. I also need one that will allow a dog because there's always one with me. I too have met some really cool people.

If this was a friends with benefits situation I just don’t see them meeting at a park at nearly 3:00 am. Why not meet at the house? There’s something sketchy about the park meet up imo.

Maybe to avoid waking a paying Airbnb guest at 3am?

(Apologies if someone else already posted same. Had to skip quite a few posts this morning.)

No. It doesn't work that way. Lyft rides are scheduled through the app by the rider. The Lyft driver has been cleared. Can we please stop sleuthing him?

Stuff gets taken all the time from here. Maps, transcripts, etc. At least they posted that it came from WS. Most of the time people that do that try to pass it off as their original work. On the Delphi case, myself and 4 other people listened through over 400 hours of archived scanner traffic and transcribed all the relevant transmissions and several sites ripped that off, passing it off as their own.

At least they are taking it from the best at doing what we all do here at WS.

I was juuust about to comment how Jethro knows all about that all too well...

No. It doesn't work that way. Lyft rides are scheduled through the app by the rider. The Lyft driver has been cleared. Can we please stop sleuthing him?
You could have absolute 1000 percent truth and clearance from LE, and still......even after proven he/she is not involved, others will insist that they were.

From her quote:

Sheriff Dale Ward says they have no idea what this could be at this time.

Does he mean that is it beyond recognition, as in burned, at this time? He worded this weird.
Two more comments have come under this reporters quote- some folks are freaking out, thinking it's Kenzie.
EDIT- could be nothing, but check JMP's comment. Either they're wrong about the last place she was at, or.....someone's got some splaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinabluemoon