Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused. What does it matter that the package was delivered? We know that he gave away one mattress and box springs (the possible evidence) and perhaps this is to replace it, but I don’t see any real significance beyond that. Maybe I’m missing the point.
If it was to replace his personal mattress and not for a renter type bed, it may show that he was trying to hide what was in his bed (dna) and not just a rotated replacement bed for his business ( BNB) if that helps

Thinking along the lines of labeling him a POI in ML's disappearance...would this give them legal grounds to seize his passport, or not?
I don’t think so. It’s just a label. This guy isn’t flying out of any airport though.

They probably have him on a list that would flag any attempts to do so.

In addition to them monitoring him closely.

Interesting theory but still the drop off destination has to be made by the passenger through their version of the app. Even if the driver agrees to change it they always (in my experience) have to tell you to resubmit or request a new location, I'm pretty sure (definitely with Uber, and I'm thinking I've done this with Lyft before too)
We have grabbed Uber or Lyft while on a cruise in port without using app, just by seeing sticker on car. Could a person have just walked out of airport and gotten a Lyft and the driver then went on app to request Lyft to destination? Or instruct passenger to at gun point? Just wondering.

I have literally missed entire threads on Kenzie's case, so apologies if this has been mentioned already.
I'm wondering if her IG 'like' yesterday points to motive.
If she and POI were casually dating, outside of the SD/SB dynamic, and he discovered her involvement in that lifestyle - maybe a jealous rage? He then later accesses IG from her phone and likes the Fatherless page. Because symbolism.

*shrugs*

That 'like'/follow has been chewing up my brain, and I don't think it was her - the above is all I can come up for why bother at all, and why that particular page.

Not sure anyone would dare turn her phone back on...pingggg

The thing that is odd to me is that this is replacing the frame part of the bed. Appears to have given away the mattress and box springs. Maybe burned an old wooden frame? If there was DNA type evidence on the frame, I’d imagine the scene would have had to be pretty messy (hard to fully clean up or just “give away.”

For those types of beds you need a different kind of mattress---
"That means the most important thing to consider when choosing an adjustable mattress is its flexibility and durability. A mattress that’s best for adjustable beds will bend and flex to follow the contour of the base, while still maintaining its support and structural integrity. The four types most commonly paired with adjustable beds are memory foam, latex foam, innerspring, and airbeds.

Memory foam and latex mattresses are usually the best choice to use with an adjustable bed. They are flexible enough to match the curves of the base, and if you pick a company that uses high-quality foam and materials, it will maintain its support and durability."
What Types of Mattresses Work Best with Adjustable Beds?

We have grabbed Uber or Lyft while on a cruise in port without using app, just by seeing sticker on car. Could a person have just walked out of airport and gotten a Lyft and the driver then went on app to request Lyft to destination? Or instruct passenger to at gun point? Just wondering.

In theory, I suppose. SLC airport has a designated Lyft/Uber area but the drivers don't wait there, they only pick up.

The airport traffic people are VERY serious about people not sitting there and waiting and I think it's unlikely that she just waved a car down at random.

Wait...who is POI? I missed something.
I don't think LE has explicitly said his name, but based off of the address where the search warrant was executed sleuthers have come to a conclusion on who it is. If you're curious type into google, "I am a Victim, Romantic, Violent and Character actor." and look at the images. Just don't share the images or name on here until LE gives confirmation.

I'm guessing the DNA evidence will prove she slept there. It's still a MP case. I think LE knew it was not the final crime scene, but they did their job thoroughly so as not to derail the investigation.
I thought he was going to be arrested this morning but surprised he wasn’t. Being the chief of police announced he’s a POI I’m sure they put a rush on the forensics testing it’s just a matter of time. Once something’s back significant he will be arrested. They are being very careful this is not a rush to judgement case. You can bet he’s their guy. He’s nervous and will screw up maybe try to bail because he’s scared to death. . They are watching him like a hawk.
They won’t let him out of their sight.

Thinking along the lines of labeling him a POI in ML's disappearance...would this give them legal grounds to seize his passport, or not?
Yes, local LE could seize the passport but they have to do so at the instruction of the US State Departments Office of Legal Affairs, as they are the authority that oversees seizures, revocations, and denials of US passports due to criminal activity. The actual passport seizure – meaning the removal of the physical book from the bearer’s possession – is done by local, state, or federal law enforcement officers but they can not just take it without coordination with the State Department.

At the very beginning of this case, the park was referred to as an ‘unfamiliar’ location. The context seemed to be that she had not been dropped off there by Lyft, before.

Remember how this happened. She arrived in town at 2:00 am. She needed a ride. She called Lyft.

She had a driver’s license and a car. Under ordinary circumstances, if she’d wanted to go to the park, I’m sure she’d have driven herself, not taken Lyft.

MOO, the park and/or surrounding area may play a crucial role in determining what happened and imo, unfamiliar could be defined a few different ways. personally, i have my own car and use rideshares all the time - typically if i dont want to deal with parking or plan on drinking so imo, i am not necessarily associating the rideshare request strictly w the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125