OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting - your idea that the killers may have staged the victims to gain a lengthy lead-time for discovery - it occurs to me the children would've been alone much longer, chancing greater harm to them.

BR was too little to call 911 but what if his parents' phones were removed by the killers so he couldn't call his mom as the morning wore on?

If the killers were hoping to harm the babies by abandonment, it doesn't make them seem compassionate toward children (& dogs) just manipulative and passive-aggressive. JMO
IIRC, discovery listed both Frankie and Hannah Hazel’s phones which implies both of their phones were present upon discovery of their bodies. IMO, the killers did not remove their phones, but ICBW. B was three years old at the time. I suppose it depends on if he had been taught yet how to make outgoing phone calls from a cell phone. Kids are very smart when it comes to technology, but at that age I think a three year old would have to physically know how to get into contacts, find his mothers contact info and hit “call” OR He would’ve had to have been taught his mother phone number and memorized it. Even considering that, there’s still other factors such as if the cell phones were password protected.

Anyways, all of that aside, no matter if the phones were there or not, I still feel there was zero compassion towards the innocent children in those homes. They were left in grisly crime scenes to fend for themselves. Three children were present for the murders of their parents. That’s just pure evil. All JMHO.

Wagner family matriarch claims innocence as case is dismissed

At the end of her interview in the courthouse hallway FW made a comment that she never even knew the Rhodens. Wonder why she said that?
Odd statement, right? Considering her interview with the Plain Dealer, FW quotes herself saying she considered Hanna Rhoden and Jake Wagner to be “married” and was concerned for her sons safety since Christopher Rhoden Sr was Billy Wagner’s best friend. It’s......perplexing o_O

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

Yes, I saw that as well... definitely very odd. Of course she KNEW them... come ON Fred. :rolleyes:
I caught that as soon as it came out of her mouth. I was screaming "yes you do, at least HMR" Also the way she seems to always refer to them as "those people" sounds condescending instead of referring to them as "that family" that seems more compassionate. Sometimes our choice of words reveal a lot. All just IMHO as I am mostly just always a reader and follower here and rarely a poster who doesn't know how to link. The video I am referring to is in the post I am replying to and it's the one in front of the coke machines.

I caught that as soon as it came out of her mouth. I was screaming "yes you do, at least HMR" Also the way she seems to always refer to them as "those people" sounds condescending instead of referring to them as "that family" that seems more compassionate. Sometimes our choice of words reveal a lot. All just IMHO as I am mostly just always a reader and follower here and rarely a poster who doesn't know how to link. The video I am referring to is in the post I am replying to and it's the one in front of the coke machines.
In Johnny B Bad's post. "Wagner family matriarch pleads innocence as case is dismissed."

In my opinion, the dismissal is due to continued review of what FW provided in her receipts and the speedy trial clock.

If her submitted receipts led to new stuff to be looked into, including IP addresses, it makes me wonder even more about the items in those receipts:
2x bullet proof vest, a second BPV, 4x fringed and flashy coat, slingshot, and a helmet

I have always found the 4x jacket to be an odd one after looking at the style. It doesn't look like one I picture BW wearing, based on what photos I have seen, and while he is a larger man, I could see 2x such as the BPV more so than the 4x.

There could be something to the inclusion of that jacket, the slingshot, and /or helmet in the receipts. Maybe the ip addresses could show one or more of these items were purchased from a different IP address which would demonstrate her account is used to make purchases by others.

Anyhow, just an opinion or initial reaction to what I felt I heard/read in yesterday's news. The items bundled together in the receipts provided seemed strange to begin with.

Maybe the suede jacket was purchased in a larger size (4X) so that the BPV could be worn underneath it.

AC not looking too hot now is she sleuthers? There’s absolutely no evidence on FW that she did anything wrong.. so now they are going to go through new evidence and try to find something to stick!? This is the exact definition of grasping for straws.

There’s just no evidence against her, I don’t think she’s innocent (I think she knew her family was involved) but that’s just how it goes.

The main thing is convicting the main 4 actual killers. Of course any mother will lie for their kid (FW) she’s not evil she’s just covering for her son and family.

AC not looking too hot now is she sleuthers? There’s absolutely no evidence on FW that she did anything wrong.. so now they are going to go through new evidence and try to find something to stick!? This is the exact definition of grasping for straws.

There’s just no evidence against her, I don’t think she’s innocent (I think she knew her family was involved) but that’s just how it goes.

The main thing is convicting the main 4 actual killers. Of course any mother will lie for their kid (FW) she’s not evil she’s just covering for her son and family.
I think AC looks great. I think she is smart and is playing her cards to make the most of them. Of course time will tell. MOO.

Actually, I was doing a quick check in the news the other day and it looks like all the money promised by the state to help with the trials, investigation, etc. have not been delivered. I'll check back later, but IIRC only a portion promised has been sent. As for the Ohio General Assembly promises, I think that's been held up, too. All promises for the news media, not enough follow through. Pike County bears the brunt for now.

Here's the article about the bill passing the House to help Pike County

Ohio House passes bill to help Pike County pay for mass-murder trial

The bill is still sitting in the Senate
House Bill 85 - Status | The Ohio Legislature

State gave Pike County $100,000 "down payment" on funds needed to cover the cost of the trials
Attorney General's Office puts down payment on Pike County murder prosecutions

Trials are expected to cost millions.

Last edited:
Prosecutors drop charges against Wagner matriarch, may refile

If I am reading this correctly, the state does not want to turn over the search warrants and the affidavits used to obtain them because of the capital cases.

I would have guessed that information would be part of the W4 discovery. Does anyone know the rules? :confused::confused:

JMO, maybe the judge can bend the rules in cases like this, where prosecution needs to keep thing under wraps for pending murder trials. If they drop charges, they can avoid discovery then go back and bring charges later. They have 6 years.

Prosecutors drop charges against Wagner matriarch, may refile

If I am reading this correctly, the state does not want to turn over the search warrants and the affidavits used to obtain them because of the capital cases.

I would have guessed that information would be part of the W4 discovery. Does anyone know the rules? :confused::confused:

JMO I really think the prosecution doesn’t want the witnesses exposed to were their in fear of their life! I think that the reason that FW was wanting all information of who and how the state got all their information for intimidation tactics, JMO

It sounds to me like the county commissioners need to answer some questions instead of avoiding the press. The sheriff did his part but the commissioners are not following the law. JMO

According to the article, its the final payment on the loan. Why not just find the funds to pay it? Doesn't seem like a good idea to make regular payments for years, then let it be repo'd.

According to the article, its the final payment on the loan. Why not just find the funds to pay it? Doesn't seem like a good idea to make regular payments for years, then let it be repo'd.

They were supposed to keep the money (from the Sheriff selling the K9 truck) and use that specific money to make 3 equal payments for the Cruiser.

Maybe they are trying to make the Sheriff look bad.

jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member