Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the letter I, but that fleece looks like a cheap fleece that someone stuck some name patches on. They aren't sewn on, either. Hinky. I still think we're going to find out all this IT whiz and army stuff is partially or totally not true.
They used Velcro name tapes a few years ago. The fleece may not be army issued and could be why it doesn’t match up. He was either brand new to the army or didn’t put his rank on for some reason.

Thanks so much, wary!

I've long maintained that fiction writing is truer than non-fiction.

There's probably more info to be gleaned about him from reading his imaginings than we'd ever get from his autobiography, which would probably be chock full of fabrications, half-truths, and outright lies.

Necklacing in the book is interesting. Necklacing involves fire-setting/burning.

JMO.

I completely believe he is the POI and responsible for this crime, presuming there is one. However, if he did indeed grow up in a violent childhood environment such as Nigeria or Somali, the violence he wrote about could indeed be somewhat autobiographical. Not to say it couldn't affect his psyche or created twisted violent fantasies that resulted in him being a potentially sociopathic killer.

Michael Locklear‏Verified account @MichaelLocklear
I just talked to police to get this resolved, and there was some miscommunication, perhaps on both sides. The tipline is open, and I’ve tweeted their request that they’re focused on finding whoever has the mattress now.

3:42 PM - 27 Jun 2019

JUST NOW: @slcpd really want to talk to whoever has the mattress and box springs, not everyone who’s seen any old mattress along the Wasatch Front. Detectives getting inundated with junk leads. They’re looking for a “needle in a haystack,” a detective tells me. #MackenzieLueck

3:39 PM - 27 Jun 2019

CLARIFICATION: A police spokesman now says the #MackenzieLueck tipline was never down. I’m working to find out if we made a mistake and how that happened. I do know that two of my calls to the tipline resulted in a busy signal this afternoon. [bbm]

2:59 PM - 27 Jun 2019

It's the letter I, but that fleece looks like a cheap fleece that someone stuck some name patches on. They aren't sewn on, either. Hinky. I still think we're going to find out all this IT whiz and army stuff is partially or totally not true.
Ah you're right - what an odd looking "I". That fleece most definitely doesn't look like what I'd expect something from the military to look like. I saw further up the thread some speculation that he may have been lying about is schooling, too...

I just watched this. Of note was him saying TRACKING technology led them to that house..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...h-college-student-police-search-for-mattress/
"They also interviewed, then released, the homeowner, a man they describe as a person of interest."

If they released him they either A) don't have such solid evidence she and he were there at the same time or B) he gave a plausible explanation. If he lied at all he would still be in custody.

so i don't have firsthand knowledge of smelling a body burning, but i've smelled burnt hair before and it's horrific :confused: not sure how to really describe it except disgusting.

and hair doesn't have the gasses and bacteria and s*** (literal!) like the body does, so i imagine a burning body smells 100Xs worse. I'm pretty sure it's one of those things that you recognize once you smell it, even if you have no prior knowledge because precious little else could be that foul.

I have smelled more than a few dead animals in my line of work, and a few of them burning. There's nothing quite like it. Drive past a rendering plant next time you get a chance, where they cook up the downer cows and turn them into food for other livestock.

On second thought, don't. Just use your imagination and then multiply it by a brazillion.

Friday was the day after she was reported missing and possibly the first day he saw any reports about her in the news. (That's the day my son found out from Instagram.) Maybe being the narcissist he is, he thought he didn't have anything to worry about. Nobody would connect her to him. Is it just me?

Everytime I see POI, I read "."

I think he didn't realize that cell phone data can be accessed without the phone. I'm guessing that was his downfall, but perhaps he was tracked by CCTV.

Does anyone know how police found him and why he is suspected?

I believe he was the team leader in this gaming group. Name matches middle initial. And comments on a Facebook picture.
Team Nightmares - Liquipedia - The StarCraft II Encyclopedia
From there a team Twitter, old and webpage

What is the gaming connection? I'm lost.

Omg I just looked it up because I was curious too. I thought maybe it had to do with strangulation but I was totally wrong.

Necklacing - Wikipedia

Necklacing is the practice of extrajudicial summary execution and torture method carried out by forcing a rubber tyre, filled with petrol, around a victim's chest and arms, and setting it on fire. The victim may take up to 20 minutes to die, suffering severe burns in the process.

This is horrible, I too thought it was strangling.

If the POI intended to torture her by necklacing, I believe the neighbors would of heard screams. I’m a little sick to my stomach typing this out but I guess this gives me hope ML and the fire weren’t physically together. ETA: or he didn’t use the fire as a method to kill her.

If he is into gaming it makes me wonder if he is on Twitch.
He had on his facebook liking justin . tv in 2012, so I'm sure he was into Twitch. I'm going to take a look and see if I can't find him on there...
Edit: Can't find anything of interest on Twitch.

Last edited:
I think he didn't realize that cell phone data can be accessed without the phone. I'm guessing that was his downfall, but perhaps he was tracked by CCTV.

Does anyone know how police found him and why he is suspected?
There was a remark by LE in a presser or from a media piece that there were link-ups/associations to that house.

If the POI intended to torture her by necklacing, I believe the neighbors would of heard screams. I’m a little sick to my stomach typing this out but I guess this gives me hope ML and the fire weren’t physically together. ETA: or he didn’t use the fire as a method to kill her.
I missed something. Where did the idea of the necklacing come in? Were there burned tires etc found at the scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975