OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things are bothering me. One, what was in that search warrant? Two how did Owen know to go straight after it?

Was it an illegal search and seizure for some reason? Was something found during the search that AC doesn't want out? Did another agency have FW under surveillance and have a listening device planted in her home that the LE conducting the search found?

Is there a mole in Rob Junks office or worse yet in AC's office that tipped Owen off to the contents of that search warrant?

Is this going to bolster the hopes of the W4 that they can walk on this and strengthen their resolve not to take a plea deal?

Does AC admitting in court that she was dismissing the charges against FW because she didn't want to reveal the contents to Owen going to cause the other defense teams to go after it also?

Just a few question up for debate.

JMO

A couple of things are bothering me. One, what was in that search warrant? Two how did Owen know to go straight after it?

Was it an illegal search and seizure for some reason? Was something found during the search that AC doesn't want out? Did another agency have FW under surveillance and have a listening device planted in her home that the LE conducting the search found?

Is there a mole in Rob Junks office or worse yet in AC's office that tipped Owen off to the contents of that search warrant?

Is this going to bolster the hopes of the W4 that they can walk on this and strengthen their resolve not to take a plea deal?

Does AC admitting in court that she was dismissing the charges against FW because she didn't want to reveal the contents to Owen going to cause the other defense teams to go after it also?

JMO

As someone else postulated, there probably wasn't anything in the SW to help FW or RN's case. It was a trick defense attorneys may have used to get them to drop charges or similar.

Defense probably assumes any search warrant used for FW's house is going to include information about the investigation, evidence, etc. related to the Rhoden murders and the W4. They assume prosecution doesn't want that out before the trial, so they request a copy of it.

The other theory is that the SW gave LE access to FW's computer and all related activities. Defense wants to snoop, but knows prosecution won't let them.

JMO, we can safely assume other defense teams will go after it, too, along with other SWs. They probably think there's evidence LE found that hasn't yet been publicly discussed.

The W4 defense strategy sounds like they want to throw out a lot of chaff - hence FW's assertions that Rhodens were killed by the "cartel" or "terrorists". :rolleyes:o_O

ETA: I doubt there were moles or anyone sharing info. Seems it would be a common tactic for defense atty's to go after SW's knowing prosecution doesn't want them revealed right away if other trials are involved.

They were supposed to keep the money (from the Sheriff selling the K9 truck) and use that specific money to make 3 equal payments for the Cruiser.

Maybe they are trying to make the Sheriff look bad.

jmo.

And the county had the money, not the Sheriff's office?

As someone else postulated, there probably wasn't anything in the SW to help FW or RN's case. It was a trick defense attorneys may have used to get them to drop charges or similar.

Defense probably assumes any search warrant used for FW's house is going to include information about the investigation, evidence, etc. related to the Rhoden murders and the W4. They assume prosecution doesn't want that out before the trial, so they request a copy of it.

The other theory is that the SW gave LE access to FW's computer and all related activities. Defense wants to snoop, but knows prosecution won't let them.

JMO, we can safely assume other defense teams will go after it, too, along with other SWs. They probably think there's evidence LE found that hasn't yet been publicly discussed.

The W4 defense strategy sounds like they want to throw out a lot of chaff - hence FW's assertions that Rhodens were killed by the "cartel" or "terrorists". :rolleyes:o_O

ETA: I doubt there were moles or anyone sharing info. Seems it would be a common tactic for defense atty's to go after SW's knowing prosecution doesn't want them revealed right away if other trials are involved.

Excellent analysis, Betty, IMO!

AC not looking too hot now is she sleuthers? There’s absolutely no evidence on FW that she did anything wrong.. so now they are going to go through new evidence and try to find something to stick!? This is the exact definition of grasping for straws.

There’s just no evidence against her, I don’t think she’s innocent (I think she knew her family was involved) but that’s just how it goes.

The main thing is convicting the main 4 actual killers. Of course any mother will lie for their kid (FW) she’s not evil she’s just covering for her son and family.
BBM...What does that mean?

AC not looking too hot now is she sleuthers? There’s absolutely no evidence on FW that she did anything wrong.. so now they are going to go through new evidence and try to find something to stick!? This is the exact definition of grasping for straws.

There’s just no evidence against her, I don’t think she’s innocent (I think she knew her family was involved) but that’s just how it goes.

The main thing is convicting the main 4 actual killers. Of course any mother will lie for their kid (FW) she’s not evil she’s just covering for her son and family.
@Sleuthinsleuther What do you mean by saying "AC not looking too hot now is she sleuthers? " I seriously don't understand your question.

JMO

Just my thoughts....But Owen has made a serious blunder. He was already given the discovery and
has failed to understand what he received.

Prosecutors are not obligated to reveal to the defense their strategy and how the evidence relates
to their client.

FW trusted Billy and allowed him to use her accounts. Billy only, not AW.
FW was busy and didn't bother with the mundane purchases he made.
Probably looked the invoices over as she recorded them as expenses, and
didn't record who made the purchase.

Big mistake on FW part, as she didn't realize the purchases would be on her hard drive.
Probably didn't realize or care what she told the Grand Jury about where the BPV were
puechased and by whom. How was that important? She has had months to rethink
about her blunder.

AC is doing an excellent strategy and just have faith.

Just my thoughts....But Owen has made a serious blunder. He was already given the discovery and

Prosecutors are not obligated to reveal to the defense their strategy and how the evidence relates
to their client.

Big mistake on FW part, as she didn't realize the purchases would be on her hard drive.
Probably didn't realize or care what she told the Grand Jury about where the BPV were
about her blunder.

I’m in complete agreement with what you have said here.
Owen is out of his league.
FW is behind the time with what deep dive into technology
can reveal.
Owen was unaware too.
Rhoden, Manley and Gilley Families - have confidence in AC.

to their client.

about her blunder.

Thank you, FSC! Appreciate your insight!!

to their client.

about her blunder.

Yes, great analysis, thanks! Yes, if LE got hold of FW's computer, they found all kinds of things. She just didn't realize how much is on your hard drive and what LE knows how to retrieve.

I think (hope) that AC has known this was coming......FW prosecution was small compared to the W4 and I never did see a way to go for FW and not show too much of future cases. FW may get swallowed up in these coming prosecutions. And her mouth and actions may prove interesting...RN seems a bit of a different issue, being directly involved in pre-murder trigger and actions.

@Sleuthinsleuther What do you mean by saying "AC not looking too hot now is she sleuthers? " I seriously don't understand your question.
Did you hear the way she requested it to be dismissed. She paused and stuttered, and she knows this is not good. Would have never asked for it to be dismissed if they had actual evidence on her.. How does AC look good, that’s the better question.

Did you hear the way she requested it to be dismissed. She paused and stuttered, and she knows this is not good. Would have never asked for it to be dismissed if they had actual evidence on her.. How does AC look good, that’s the better question.

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. Rumi

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader indicted on 16 charges

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader indicted on 16 charges

"The grand jury in Pike County presented Reader with 16 charges including seven charges of conflict of interest, four charges of theft in office, two charges of theft, one charge each of tampering with evidence, tampering with records, and securing writings by deception," The Auditor of the State of Ohio Keith Faber said in a statement.

OPINION FROM
Hamilton County Prosecutor Mike Allen:
Expert on Fredericka Wagner: 'Sounds like she is not out of jeopardy'

The dismissal of charges against a grandmother of the clan accused of killing eight members of the Rhoden family in Pike County is not reason for her to celebrate, former Hamilton County Prosecutor Mike Allen said.

“No, not really,” Allen said, after learning that prosecutors successfully asked Common Pleas Court Judge Randy Deering to dismiss felony charges of perjury and obstructing justice against Fredericka Wagner without prejudice because they have more investigating to do based on new evidence.

Dismissing charges “without prejudice” means prosecutors can refile charges, and that is what prosecutors said they intend to do.

“It’s not all that unusual. It just sounds to me like a strategic decision by the prosecution,” Allen said.

“They don’t want to go beyond what they call ‘speedy trial’ time that gives them only a certain amount of time to bring someone to trial, even if they are not incarcerated.

“It just sounds like she is not out of jeopardy. It just sounds like her case is being delayed a while,” Allen said.

What’s next?

Allen said prosecutors have these options:

• Go to the grand jury later to seek new charges against Wagner.
  • Negotiate a plea-bargained felony charge to bring against her. That would allow prosecutors to bypass the grand jury. Wagner has the right for her case to go to a grand jury, so her defense attorney would have to waive it. In that case, prosecutors would have a choice on whether to recommend a specific penalty to the sentencing judge.
Allen noted that the prosecution and defense are bound by a gag order that prevents them from discussing the case, so there is much that is not known.

That said, “The only other possibility – and this is all speculation – is she could be working with the prosecution on this case, :eek: although I highly doubt it because it seems like she has such a tight-knit family," Allen said.

Last edited:
Those indictments on Reader really does have me believing he or his team would purposely plant evidence to frame someone. I think the W’s are guilty, but also wouldn’t be surprised if they were indeed set up/framed

Those indictments on Reader really does have me believing he or his team would purposely plant evidence to frame someone. I think the W’s are guilty, but also wouldn’t be surprised if they were indeed set up/framed
Jmo he was at the scene at least two hours prior to bci and a defense attorney will use that time with the tampering charges to try to create doubt of any evidence collected at scene jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson