Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been thinking about this mysterious park meet up. From what we know, Kenzie flight was delayed. This park is only steps from where poi used to live. She seemed comfortable going to that park at 3am. IMO it's possible Kenzie has known this guy for some time. Maybe they started communicating again while she was out of town. They make plans to hang out, but she's late getting in to the airport and poi is already on his way back home. Maybe she sees he's active online so she quickly books a lyft to the park, not knowing he has moved. She then texts him to say she's still coming, they realize she's on her way to the old place, and instead of going through the hassle of changing her lyft destination, he just goes to wait for her at the park instead?

I think this theory is plausible...Texting would clearly show if he said i live somewhere else now, just go to hatch park and i'll make my way over there. however, this would have had to have happened while she was still at the airport, since we know she requested the Lyft while at the airport to go to the park. So it still begs the question why he wouldn't drive straight to the airport to pick her up and tell her to forget the Lyft altogether? But maybe he's just selfish and cheap and was closer to the park and didn't want to actually bother driving a few extra miles to the airport.

I still think it was a careful conscious choice to avoid being seen at a public, well-lit place with working camera, though.

Is there media about the phone? Even when shut off they can still ping, wonder if it was shut off or destroyed.

MSN reported that ML's phone was turned off or dead when she joined her contact at the Park.

Also, according to NSA and FBI, in order for a phone to emit a signal and/or ping after it's been shut off, the phone handset would need to be infected with a Trojan, forcing it to continue emitting a signal if the phone is in standby mode, unless the battery is removed.

In most cases, when you turn your phone off—even if you do not remove the battery—it will stop communicating with nearby cell towers and can be traced only to the location it was in when it was powered down.

NSA Can Reportedly Track Phones Even When They're Turned Off

RaeAnn Christensen on Twitter
Full media room an hour ahead of a press conference for an update on the #MacKenzieLueck case. One person taken into custody this morning. @KUTV2News https://kutv.com/news/local/two-people-in-custody-after-large-police-presence-in-salt-lake-city …

D-KYczMUIAAi3UM.jpg

10:33 aM - 28 Jun 2019

I'm so very sorry for you and everyone - I do think he may have built something on his own and that's why the drywall in the Airbnb listing wasn't painted over- IMO. I hope they have returned to tear it down.
I agree. I shudder to think just what they might still find in that basement. or even UNDER the basement (subbasement).

Holy ****. I hope this is just a guy trying to get his 15 minutes of fame. WHY would you not report something like that to the authorities? On what planet could that ever be considered an acceptable request that doesn't raise ALL THE RED FLAGS

It's sad but a lot of people live the life of "not my problem"....

Geez what the heck did I miss by going to this meeting. I suppose it may be too early to ask but, these two men are separate/independent of AA? Or they're all together one gaggle of deplorable humans?
AA has been taken into custody. And another man - but....
The article below initially said 2 - but it has been changed since first publication (several times, they seem unhappy with the title I guess)

Photos of both at link.

Salt Lake SWAT team takes man into custody in missing Utah student case

KSLTV staking out SLCPD, reporter stating that they haven’t seen him brought in yet, but believe he is being brought into the station in an unmarked car.

I’m surprised they aren’t there yet, since they reportedly left the apartments shortly after apprehending him?

I wonder if the unmarked car means the FBI took him/them into custody? Is there an FBI office in SLC they might have taken them to for questioning? Media might be staking out the wrong place. MOO.

OMG, I've been AFK for the last couple of hours, and apparently I've missed some huge developments!

Do we think the person in custody is AA/POI? Was he arrested at his former residence, a home of a friend, or we don't know? I'm going to rush to try and catch up now!

MSN reported that ML's phone was turned off or dead when she joined her contact at the Park.

Also, according to NSA and FBI, in order for a phone to emit a signal and/or ping after it's been shut off, the phone handset would need to be infected with a Trojan, forcing it to continue emitting a signal if the phone is in standby mode, unless the battery is removed.

In most cases, when you turn your phone off—even if you do not remove the battery—it will stop communicating with nearby cell towers and can be traced only to the location it was in when it was powered down.

NSA Can Reportedly Track Phones Even When They're Turned Off
I'm going to save this over to a couple media threads as it comes up in every single missing person case I've followed. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard