Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, I'm just starting to follow this case. So how did Mackenzie know this creep? Did she inquire about an Airbnb that he had to offer?
We don't know yet. But I am also very interested in this. She apparently knew him, though some are denying it, himself included. But I can't believe she would have met him there at that time if they didn't know each other. And the Lyft driver said she seemed relaxed and excited to see him. Maybe you're right, they texted and he offered to let her stay in his vacant AirBnB room, no charge, so she wouldn't have to go back to her place and roommates. Just a ruse to get her there. But somehow he got her phone turned off immediately. Did he attack her as soon as the Lyft car was out of sight, or did he con her into turning it off or giving it to him? Probably never know.

Kyle Harvey on Twitter
Crime scene investigators have arrived at the place where the suspect in the #MackenzieLueck case was arrested. Police have been guarding a third floor condo since we got here. #SaltLakeCity #Utah #MissingPerson
D-K86JJUEAEs3j2.jpg

1:12 PM - 28 Jun 2019

Question, I'm just starting to follow this case. So how did Mackenzie know this creep? Did she inquire about an Airbnb that he had to offer?

We don't know yet.
A reporter today spoke with someone who didn't want to be identified that knows Kenzie, and he said that he knew of her relationship or arrangement with AA, but that came 2nd hand from the reporter, so I would take it with a grain of salt right now.

@MassGuy

With his divorce a year ago and neighbors reporting him being reserved and quieter the last several months this could be his first failed attempt. I don't doubt there would have been more if he got away with this. The girls coming and going might have been him getting comfortable with conning women and his way of practicing before this event. I don't rule out that there were others before, but this was sloppy if it there was events like this before.

If the account provided by that building contractor is true, I think that sheds a lot of light on this guy’s fantasy life.

It seems that he wanted to keep women prisoner, as sex slaves or something.

This is serial killer level stuff.

Because I’m convinced this was premeditated (based on the meeting place and Kenzie’s phone being shut off immediately), I’m disturbed by the prospect of previous crimes.

This didn’t come out of nowhere, and there has to be some level of build up.

Women were disposable to him.
They were just showing text messages between the contractor and AA (supposedly) on FOX News.

If the account provided by that building contractor is true, I think that sheds a lot of light on this guy’s fantasy life.

Because I’m convinced this was premeditated (based on the meeting place and Kenzie’s phone being shut off immediately), I’m disturbed by the prospect of previous crimes.

Exactly. Are there others? I think Air BNB was not his only motivation to go from apartment living to home ownership.
JMO

MOD NOTE

No more discussion of the Lyft driver, please. He's a witness, but he has kept his public anonymity so far and we need to respect that. If there's a trial for the murderer, I am sure the Lyft driver will be key to the state's case. We also do not allow discussion of social media comments on WS so please do not bring whatever is being said or not said about the Lyft driver on social media here. Thank you.

Having a mass bbq and sleepover for our kids last school night, sat down to read the daily mail while I got a min (I know, I know, I am bad, I confess I read it every teatime:(, nowt else exciting happens in my wee scottish town) and saw the news.

@yellowmoose I'm so sorry sweetheart. You have astounded me with your level headed and smart posts, you're certainly not the 23 yo I was. I would've lost my sh#t with all the sd stuff etc that was continuously posted. I send you so much love.

We don't know yet. But I am also very interested in this. She apparently knew him, though some are denying it, himself included. But I can't believe she would have met him there at that time if they didn't know each other. And the Lyft driver said she seemed relaxed and excited to see him. Maybe you're right, they texted and he offered to let her stay in his vacant AirBnB room, no charge, so she wouldn't have to go back to her place and roommates. Just a ruse to get her there. But somehow he got her phone turned off immediately. Did he attack her as soon as the Lyft car was out of sight, or did he con her into turning it off or giving it to him? Probably never know.

I’m now leaning towards her being attacked immediately after entering that vehicle.

I can’t get past her phone being shut off right away, and I can’t think of a plausible ruse that he could have used to achieve that.

I’m wondering if he held her at gunpoint, and/or restrained her in some way.

Because of this whole mattress thing, I think it’s likely that she was alive in that house, for a (short) period of time.

We are devastated. Our community, especially those of us with children this age, is absolutely heartbroken. We so hoped for a different conclusion. I do want to thank you all for jumping in to help solve a crime! I’m impressed with this group and the time each of you spends to delve into specifics, look for clues, and try to solve events that affect people other than yourself.

@MassGuy

With his divorce a year ago and neighbors reporting him being reserved and quieter the last several months this could be his first failed attempt. I don't doubt there would have been more if he got away with this. The girls coming and going might have been him getting comfortable with conning women and his way of practicing before this event. I don't rule out that there were others before, but this was sloppy if it there was events like this before.

I agree this is prob his first murder. Rapes (Unreported or drugged prior to SA) - I believe he may have committed before.

This^ ... IMO I think that is what his book is.......his fantasy

I have been a member of WS for a few years but almost always just lurk because I forgot my login password. :( This case hits too close to home as ML and I share the same hometown, El Segundo (ES) and high school, although many years apart. I took my grandmother to attend services at the ES LDS Ward and probably have met ML's parents at one time or another... at the very least we know many of the same people. ES may be a suburb of Los Angeles, but it really has a small town feel to it. I've followed along the moment the news hit that ML was missing. I am saddened by the news today. ML was a responsible young woman and not the type to just up and disappear on her own. To her family and friends, I wish the outcome was different. Hugs to you all

And to the WS members posting and following along with this case... be kind to yourself today and the days following. We may think we are desensitized but in reality, each case we follow breaks our hearts. Hugs to each and everyone one of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain