Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As horrific as this case is, I’m afraid it may just be the tip of the cancer that this monster has visited upon us. And every twisted tendril needs to be rooted out completely.

I am so profoundly sad and angry at the same time. There is no shortage of horror on this board but this case has affected me like few others and I can’t explain why exactly. Because it’s almost always an innocent suffering at the hands of a monster — KB, JD, SW, JC, and so many others. And now ML. Monster-on-innocent is almost a given, whether it’s DV or stranger-danger. So it’s more than “just” that, YKWIM? Because I have no words to express what I’m feeling right now. And I just can’t imagine what family and IRL friends are going through...

I am not generally vindictive but I want this person, and any others involved, to pay. Dearly. And it makes me uncomfortable to see that in myself. But there it is...

Won't be surprised to learn that he's been on social media posting. I have a feeling he was really thinking he could get away with it, especially since so much time passed between her missing and the reports about her started. And LE saying the Lyft driver didn't have a description of him or the car. Would love to know when the massage table was ordered? He may have been planning his next move with that.
And the table was probably to go in the yet to be built secret room. BTW, the construction guy said he also requested a thumb print lock for the door.

Another one gone, so sad.

They had obviously seen each other before according to the friend who says he warned her about him. My question is why would they meet first at the park and not have Lyft just drop her off at his house? I guess if he had this planned ahead of time, meeting at the park would buy some time into anyone knowing his address. I don’t think he necessarily subdued her at all, why would he need to? She prob thought they were going back to his house to do what they do just like times before - until it was too late. :(

Does anyone have a link to the stuff about the friend warning KL about AA? Thanks in advance :)
I didn't realize they had been aware of one another before . . . interesting. Possible that he had promised her a night out, maybe in a hotel room, a surprise, but not a return to his house, thus the pick-up in the park??
Yeah, that's the strange part. Maybe they've had this arrangement before, meeting at the park, and it's commonplace to her now.

Whatever business or mutually-agreed upon arrangement they had, she was comfortable and happy to see him. Perhaps she'd always turn off her phone as a request of his and he groomed her several times before with a positive outcome? I don't think she was subdued in the car either. I've got this 50 shades of grey image in my mind where ML may have been a little intrigued and excited by these interactions and the quirky requests may have been a little bit of a turn on, having NO idea this guy was a lunatic.

BBM. @mrsu Please, you need to cite a reference for this: "They had obviously seen each other before according to the friend who says he warned her about him".
AFAIK there has been NO confirmation that ML and AA ever met in person before June 17. I've looked and found nothing to support your statement. <modsnip>IMO. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
On the fence as to whether premeditated or not...

Not picking her up at the airport, meeting at Hatch Park & her phone kaput @ minute after she gets in car....all points to premeditated.....

And everything else: NOPE.........

Unless the, erm, I mean: AA is really THAT STUPID.....& yep, AA just may well be.....

Will be interesting to learn the extent of their relationship.....did they just begin 'chatting', was it previously all online, or at any rate: never at his residence.....

The meet up at the park suggests this could be the first time she was going to his residence - & possibly the first time meeting in person - maybe his excuse at the secrecy @ it all - to supposedly protect both of them.....(if premeditated, a total lie of course...)

I like to 'hope' (relative term here of course) that somehow it was NOT premeditated - that whatever was occurring was consensual & something untoward happened: an accident or some such....I know: probably living in fantasy land but every other option has me quite literally bursting into tears :(

For some reason from the get-go I sensed ML was gone....my fear was that this was indeed premeditated - and by an intelligent person - I feared that, even if LE 'knew' who it was - he still wouldn't be brought to justice. Thank god: either way: justice is being served.....

And thanks to everyone's posts while I was in my time out :) Actually: I was so used to it, took a second to realize I wasn't on time out anymore!! And then, all a sudden, poof: couldn't post again. I was like: 'did they change their minds?' LOL - then realized thread was blocked. LOL.....

AA may have said something as simple as "I'm at a friends waiting for your flight, just meet me at the park as I'm close to it and I'll take you to my place. That's the easiest for both of us." AA would leave no record of his address with Lyft etc.. ML wouldn't be suspicious. He probably had a burner phone. The whole horrendous act was premeditated IMO.

Can you imagine if he had gotten away with this ? yikes-
Not much positive can come out of murder. But it is a blessing this monster was caught and so soon. No years and years of wondering for her loved ones and hopefully justice will be swift.

With a Ring doorbell and other suspected cameras in that house, I presume he had wi-fi. (I didn’t see the AirBnB profiles before they came down.)

Those router and ISP logs will likely offer a wealth of information. And I wouldn’t be surprised to find out there’s a dark web component to all of this, too.

Cell phone forensics are one thing. But we should brace ourselves for the kinds of horror his computer(s) and networking devices will likely reveal.
That is an excellent point - I’m certain they pulled his router during the search (if not go back and get it ) IMO

Last edited:
I didn't realize they had been aware of one another before . . . interesting. Possible that he had promised her a night out, maybe in a hotel room, a surprise, but not a return to his house, thus the pick-up in the park??

This makes sense for the pickup location. He suggested a night together in a nice hotel, a little pampering, and he'd pick her up at the park and head to the hotel because it would be easier than her going straight to his place or him picking her up at the airport. He could've even told her he forgot something at home and they had to head back there first. He could've playfully suggested she turn off her phone. Maybe she balked at that and he assualted her and took the phone.

Again, I’m not caught up. But did you guys see this in the quoted article? Could this woman file charges still if she wanted to?

“Ajayi has no criminal history in Utah apart from some traffic citations. North Park police investigated a rape complaint against Ajayi in 2014, but didn’t pursue the case after the female victim said she didn’t want to press charges, according to a news release the North Park Police Department issued Friday.”
Ugh, although it really doesn't surprise me. There is a lot in that article. More:

As a roommate, Ajayi also “tends to have some anger issues,” Moore said. He would suddenly become “irate and disruptive” over small matters, Moore said, like disagreements over how furniture was arranged or the heat level used in cooking.

“He doesn't like to be told anything other than his way,” Moore said. “He snaps or loses his temper, [then] he comes back to his sweet self.”

Moore said he moved out because the tension was too persistent.

“I was nervous," he said, “because the polarity in his emotions [was] just switching very quickly.”

MOD NOTE

No more discussion of the Lyft driver, please. He's a witness, but he has kept his public anonymity so far and we need to respect that. If there's a trial for the murderer, I am sure the Lyft driver will be key to the state's case. We also do not allow discussion of social media comments on WS so please do not bring whatever is being said or not said about the Lyft driver on social media here. Thank you.

Bumping my post from earlier today. This is a fast moving thread. Please take the time to read all mod and admin notes.

While I
Just wanted to thank mods for being so on top of these threads. It must be so much work and I know it’s tricky when emotions are involved. Thank you for the hard work to keep WS what it is for everyone.
know we are not supposed to discuss moderation I hope it’s ok to just say thank you - it’s been a rough week here in on WS - your work is appreciated

My heart is broken for her family and friends. I cannot begin to imagine the despair that they must be feeling with this news.

I have refrained from posting this before because it seemed selfish of me to feel this way, but this case has me shook. There is a high school a short distance away from the killer's airbnb. My daughter goes to that high school. My son plays basketball at the rec center in that neighborhood and plays golf at a nearby golf course. It is such an eerie, uneasy feeling knowing that such evil could be so close to your children. I don't think that I can sleep tonight imagining the horror that her last moments could have been. The agony that ML's family and friends is going through...my heart breaks for them.
Totally not selfish at all! I am still reeling from an 11 year old murdering his parents back a couple of months ago, not far from our house. Every time we drive by there, the chills hit me. I wish there was another way to go around, but we can't avoid that street, unfortunately. I totally understand you, and I wish I could say it gets easier. It doesn't.

I also feel for the neighbors. I'll be honest, I don't know that just a foul-smelling fire would cause me to call the cops on a neighbor of mine who I otherwise had no issue with and was, by all accounts, a good neighbor, or at least not a bad one. My mind would not go directly to "I bet he is burning a body." In fact, it would be probably the lowest thing on my list, especially not knowing about a missing person. I don't fault them for not calling on the days of the two initial fires.

I would maaaaybe call the tip line after I found out a woman was missing, but would probably think I was just overreacting the whole time, and honestly, I feel like a lot of people probably wouldn't; I'm just on WS and follow true crime and my mind kind of goes there. (I still don't place ANY fault with them, just saying what I would possibly do).

They were reported before she was reported as missing. Fires were on the 17th and 19th; reported missing on 20th.
Were the fires actually REPORTED to LE or they just occurred, neighbors noticed and complained to HIM (not LE), and then when reports of missing ML came out, neighbors started to get an uneasy feeling about those fires and then reported them to LE after the fact?

BBM. @mrsu Please, you need to cite a reference for this: "They had obviously seen each other before according to the friend who says he warned her about him".
AFAIK there has been NO confirmation that ML and AA ever met in person before June 17. I've looked and found nothing to support your statement. Your post has caused a lot of confusion IMO. TIA
It was on the KSLTV live newscast after the press conference this morning. I heard it and I’m hunting for the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl