Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been linked but apparently the section someone was wanting to see is not visible on their device. MOO

To be clear, POI's extensive list of personal "Interests" are visible in right margin when viewing and/or accessing site via pc.

Also, it's probably like viewing WS from mobile -- sometimes you need to turn phone instrument landscape to view additional page content.

I'm not on mobile and can not confirm but others may try it and report back.

MOO

Ayoola A. - Utah Outdoors (Salt Lake City, UT) | Meetup

I'm on the other side of the world, so have only just woken up to the awful news. I refrained from posting to say so before, but like probably most people here, sadly I expected the case to go this way. I mean it would have been fruitless for me to say it, but the nature of the investigation told us a lot.
The last thing I had read last night was about possible social media activity in the time that Mackenzie had been missing, which sounded both confusing and a tiny bit hopeful. So I fell asleep on that thought. I couldn't help but want to be hopeful after seeing how Mackenzie's friends have absolutely stood out as dedicated and smart young people who were working so hard to bring her home. I really admire them.

Such a nice idea, but since they seem to be active church members and knowing LDS people as I do, I am quite confident this is taken care of. Not sure food from complete strangers would be appreciated and could even be scary.

I honestly think the kindest thing we can do is keep a distance, give them privacy, and send prayers (for those who pray).

jmo
Yeah, I didn’t mean for strangers to take food to the house - but rather to offer to help in any way through the church if needed. I assume their church will be coordinating various kinds of help. No doubt they won’t have trouble getting volunteers.

I know someone posted this same theory towards the end of the last thread but I don’t know how to bring that forward.

If ML did have some sort of contact with AA and if she did tell this person that has come forward that she found AA to be creepy, disturbing, etc, it makes me wonder if he catfished her. She goes to the park thinking she’s meeting someone else and gets in the car, realizing too late that AA is in the car.

But if this is the case, who did he pretend to be and how did LE track him down so quickly if he used an alias?
I don’t think this is the case if the Lyft driver was right in his impression that Kenzie seemed comfortable when she met with AA. (Not the Lyft’s exact words but something to that effect). Links were posted previously.

Ashley Moser on Twitter (VIDEO)
"She was a bubble of happiness...I will never forget the look on Mackenzie's face when she became a part of the Alpha Chi family." @ashleykewish spoke with friends who are remembering the 23 yo University of Utah student #MackenzieLueck
2764.png

6:10 PM - 28 Jun 2019

I have not commented here much but have followed along. I am only posting now in the fast moving threads with the one thing that matters to me I say with inadequate words and that is not about the case and my thoughts but just to say

that I, like most, am heartbroken and feel such sympathy for the family, the friends and loved ones, in life and those that joined on this forum, and people on here that one could tell knew her family or her or of her, fellow students, parents with children who knew KL and more--not tagging because I worry I will miss one of the many I read in these tons of pages who if they did not know her, knew someone who did and so forth. I know we all hoped for a different outcome and despite the discussions, that is what most of us I hope have in common, is a sincere concern for the victims and the rare good outcome, like someone found safe which is all too rare. I am so sorry for the loved ones that that did not happen here.

May Kenzie RIP and may justice prevail. There are not words adequate to express the sympathy, we are not the ones living it but I hope through just typed words on a forum it can be felt how sincerely that is meant and brings the tiniest bit of comfort one day.

MOO he might have killed her for pressing charges. It is a tough situation.
Unfortunately, not all reported crimes have enough evidence for conviction. The victim may have made an informed decision based on, unfortunately, lack of evidence not to proceed. The victim was brave and responsible for reporting the crime. And yes, I think victims are likely always afraid of retaliation (and victim blaming)

I wonder if they left open originally for a reason or if Facebook got involved? There were some hateful things spewed there.

I imagine the family left it open in the hope that Kenzie would have activity on there.

Law enforcement would have wanted the same.

The family probably contacted Facebook, or took it upon themselves to do that (set it to private).

A lot of people do the “legacy contact” thing, where a family member or friend can take over your account after your death.

They would have collected his DNA upon arrest (in accordance with Utah law).

That could potentially link him to other unsolved crimes.

The link to the press release discussing the previous rape investigation, was last posted by @Seattle1 upthread.

The woman declined to press charges in that case.
I hope they are able to solve some other cases now, that he could've been involved in. If any.

https://ksltv.com/416930/digital-footprint-led-police-to-suspect-in-lueck-murder/
[...]

Detectives traced the texts, and found video of the 23-year-old at the airport.

We knew that she was on that phone, which is a footprint to follow,“ he said.

They found she got a ride from a car service from the airport to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.

Less than a minute after meeting someone at the park, her phone was shut off and stopped sending data and location information.

“We were able to track her to the park, and the last time we knew that we had any identification with her phone was 3 a.m.,” said Chief Brown.

Lueck’s phone records showed investigators her last communication, which was with the suspect.

[...]

“We had a digital footprint that Mackenzie was there, and we had a digital footprint that the arrested person was there – at the same time. It was within a minute or so, and then that is the last digital evidence that we have for Mackenzie,” the chief said.

The evidence led police to Ajayi’s home at 547 North 1000 West in the Fairpark neighborhood of Salt Lake.

[...]

I hope this doesn’t end up like OJ Simpson trial case you know pretty young blonde killed and being victim blamed using drugs and dating younger men while the killer walked free.

This young beautiful girl did not deserve to have her life end like this.

Last edited:
I hope they are able to solve some other cases now that he could've been involved in. If any.

The way they do it is great, because it’s fair to all parties.

If you are found not guilty, or the charges are dropped, the DNA is removed from the database.

Until then, they can nail you to the wall for other crimes, and there’s no waiting period.

https://ksltv.com/416930/digital-footprint-led-police-to-suspect-in-lueck-murder/
[...]

Her family told police Mackenzie had texted them after arriving at the Salt Lake International Airport during the early hours of June 17. She had been in California for her grandmother’s funeral.

Detectives traced the texts, and found video of the 23-year-old at the airport.

We knew that she was on that phone, which is a footprint to follow,“ he said.

They found she got a ride from a car service from the airport to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.

Less than a minute after meeting someone at the park, her phone was shut off and stopped sending data and location information.

“We were able to track her to the park, and the last time we knew that we had any identification with her phone was 3 a.m.,” said Chief Brown.

Lueck’s phone records showed investigators her last communication, which was with the suspect.

[...]

“We had a digital footprint that Mackenzie was there, and we had a digital footprint that the arrested person was there – at the same time. It was within a minute or so, and then that is the last digital evidence that we have for Mackenzie,” the chief said.

The evidence led police to Ajayi’s home at 547 North 1000 West in the Fairpark neighborhood of Salt Lake.

[...]
This line is very interesting:

“Less than a minute after meeting someone at the park, her phone was shut off and stopped sending data and location information.”

I think the second that Lyft driver pulled away, Kenzie was under duress.

If this happened when they were driving, then it would be likely that she turned her phone off herself.

This was right away though. No way she did that unless she was forced to.

I also can’t conceive of a way that he could restrain her, and turn her phone off in that time period.

I really think he had her at gunpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member