Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just learned a bit more disturbing and relevant info about AJ via a Find MacKenzie FB Group. Not sure if I can post the screenshots here. Would it be a violation of WS TOS?

no you can't
but thanks for the heads-up

but you can tell us under what date and initials of person posting

ETA: I found interesting screenshots at the HBC: Crime Discussion page posted 11 hours ago

maybe everyone has already seen them - I'm way behind

Last edited:
Bringing this over from the last thread.

JUN 29, 2019
Who was MacKenzie Lueck? A mentor, a beach and animal lover and an empowered woman
She used to bike to the Pacific Ocean. Years later, she’d re-create those days by putting on her bikini and basking in the sun that shines on the high-altitude desert that is Salt Lake City.

As a student at the University of Utah, she expressed feminist opinions and left one of the major political parties to register with a conservative third party.

She competed on the swim team and played water polo at her high school in Southern California. At U. football games, she cheered in the student section known as the MUSS.

[...]

“She's like a nurturer,” KS, one of Lueck’s sorority sisters at Alpha Chi Omega, said Wednesday. “She's almost a mother to me. She is one of those people [who is] always cooking for you. She wants to make sure you’re getting fed. She wants to make sure if you need a drink, that you have a drink.”

[...]

The friends also started a school club on breast cancer awareness. Besides being a worthy cause, CB said, it was a way to boost their extracurricular resumes for college applications. The activism also represented an early example of Lueck showing an appreciation for women’s issues.

[...]

Alpha Chi Omega consumed much of Lueck’s free time, her friends said. Besides mandating that members maintain a 2.5 GPA, the chapter requires them to attend a certain number of social events and participate in philanthropic endeavors. The chapter’s charity work focuses on domestic violence awareness and prevention.

The sorority also gave Lueck her social circle. A semester after Lueck was a Little, KS pledged to Alpha Chi Omega and selected Lueck as her Big.

[...]

In one of her final Facebook posts, Lueck celebrated the anniversary of women’s suffrage. Her Instagram profile promoted “free the nips.”

KS said Lueck didn’t necessarily want women to go without bras or expose their nipples. Instead, the phrase can be used to promote the idea that women shouldn’t be shamed for their bodies.

Lueck herself liked to spend free time on warm Salt Lake City days outside, enjoying the sun in a bikini, Stoner said — not that there was a lot of free time. Besides school and the sorority, Lueck held jobs. KS said her friend was a personal assistant to a family. At the time of her death, she worked at a Salt Lake City biological testing laboratory.

[...]

KS, who graduated in May with a degree in psychology, said Lueck appeared to be taking awhile to graduate because she sometimes reduced her class load to part time so she could also work.

[...]

Friends say they saw no personality changes in Lueck through the years. She continued to enjoy animals. She had hedgehogs, guinea pigs and a cat at the time of her death.

[...]

KS remembers a night in December. Lueck had been dating a man and hadn’t been spending much time with friends. All of a sudden, Lueck texted Stoner and invited her to go to a Main Street restaurant. KS said Lueck even offered to pay — perhaps because she still saw herself as KS’s Big.

[...]

Lueck’s family has declined interview requests. The Lueck friends who spoke to The Tribune have said they do not know Ajayi or why Lueck would have been meeting someone at 3 a.m. in a park in North Salt Lake, as Salt Lake City police have said occurred.

[...]

It was confirmed by LE that she arrived at the park at 2:59AM and phone was turned off at 3:00AM so only a span of a minute between leaving the LYFT and getting into the other car.

Not trying to be difficult, but how do they know that for sure? That it was turned off, and not just inactive? Just trying to piece together what happened when she got in that car with him. I was thinking that it was perhaps low on battery - she had been traveling, and possibly using it to watch a movie or listen to music or whatever on the flight and then texting AA and her mom. If she didn't have a charger handy, maybe left it behind (I've only done that about a million times) it's possible it ran out of juice, and she figures "Ok, I'm at my destination, I'm going to turn this off till I can charge it". That would make a lot of difference, IMO, to show if she was actually attacked in the car immediately, or got to his house without incident and spent some time there before the attack happened.

Not trying to be difficult, but how do they know that for sure? That it was turned off, and not just inactive? Just trying to piece together what happened when she got in that car with him. I was thinking that it was perhaps low on battery - she had been traveling, and possibly using it to watch a movie or listen to music or whatever on the flight and then texting AA and her mom. If she didn't have a charger handy, maybe left it behind (I've only done that about a million times) it's possible it ran out of juice, and she figures "Ok, I'm at my destination, I'm going to turn this off till I can charge it". That would make a lot of difference, IMO, to show if she was actually attacked in the car immediately, or got to his house without incident and spent some time there before the attack happened.

That was my original thought also that hypothetically her phone could have been low battery and she turned it off when she got into the car thinking she would charge it elsewhere. I don't know how LE knows the difference but I would imagine with warrants and subpoenas there are ways to tell. Computer IT stuff isn't my area of expertise though so I trust LE when they say it was turned off.

That was my original thought also that hypothetically her phone could have been low battery and she turned it off when she got into the car thinking she would charge it elsewhere. I don't know how LE knows the difference but I would imagine with warrants and subpoenas there are ways to tell. Computer IT stuff isn't my area of expertise though so I trust LE when they say it was turned off.
I don't think you could tell who turned her phone off, but the chances that she did it due to low battery, especially given the events, are extremely small (although I also mentioned the same possibility yesterday). We don't know if his phone was powered off at the same time.

Thanks Pixie. I know just enough about IT to be dangerous. The only way that they can be sure it was literally turned off, I think, is if they have the actual phone and can look at the log, and if they do have her phone (do they have her actual phone?) they could maybe tell from there. But from a communication standpoint only (pings, etc.) I just don't think there is a way to tell if it was off or just not active.

I don't think you could tell who turned her phone off, but the chances that she did it due to low battery, especially given the events, are extremely small (although I also mentioned the same possibility yesterday). We don't know if his phone was powered off at the same time.

Maybe I didn't make it clear I'm multi-tasking :)

What I meant to say is early on in the case that was an idea I had. I feel fairly certain now the reason why her phone was turned off in the time span of 1 minute was that he had control of her right away.

She may have powered it down herself, but I think it would be a strange coincidence if she chose to do it within a minute of meeting him.
Since he made sure his car would not be seen at a public place like the airport, it makes sense to me that he would turn it off right away.
He didn't waste any time. He was already burning her body on the same day.
I think he subdued her and maybe restrained her moments after she got in the car. He wasn't going to take any risks.
Either that or he somehow convinced her to turn off the phone at his direction. Imo

Thanks Pixie. I know just enough about IT to be dangerous. The only way that they can be sure it was literally turned off, I think, is if they have the actual phone and can look at the log, and if they do have her phone (do they have her actual phone?) they could maybe tell from there. But from a communication standpoint only (pings, etc.) I just don't think there is a way to tell if it was off or just not active.

I only have limited knowledge of how that works, so I defer to those that do! However, if her phone was not turned off in that time frame of 1 minute, wouldn't it have still pinged? Also, the phone could have died I suppose, but that would be the most incredible coincidence if it died in that 1 minute time wouldn't it? I think it's unlikely that happened and makes more sense the phone had to have been turned off, but again IT is not my wheelhouse!

no you can't

ETA: I found interesting screenshots at the HBC: Crime Discussion page posted 11 hours ago

V frustrating, I cant find what you guys are referring to

Tricia's post (from another thread, but the same rules apply to all threads). bbm

"We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is your PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you."

O/T

did this happen or is it still coming up?

--------------

Websleuths
13 hours ago
Hey Everyone,

Websleuths will be down Eastern Time from 9 am this morning to as late as 9 pm tonight. for scheduled maintenance at our service center. If we could avoid this interruption we would but it is out of our hands. Feel free to discuss cases on this page until we are back up.

Tricia

I only have limited knowledge of how that works, so I defer to those that do! However, if her phone was not turned off in that time frame of 1 minute, wouldn't it have still pinged? Also, the phone could have died I suppose, but that would be the most incredible coincidence if it died in that 1 minute time wouldn't it? I think it's unlikely that happened and makes more sense the phone had to have been turned off, but again IT is not my wheelhouse!

I don't know...it just seems weird to me. Well, the whole thing is weird, of course. But how the heck did he attack her in the car and somehow get her back to his house and what...carry her in? IDK it just seems that she may have been still under her own power till she got to the house with him. Also, in a previous article that was posted here (so it's ok if I link it again, I think) LE stated:

"The Lyft driver told police he dropped off Lueck at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake about 3 a.m. where another person in a car was waiting for her. That was when "all communication" from Lueck's phone stopped, the chief said." (Emphasis mine).

Missing University of Utah student was murdered, police say

So, they aren't actually saying it was turned off, unless they said that somewhere else. I just have trouble envisioning him somehow subduing her that quickly, and how would he know the Lyft driver had completely left the scene and wasn't taking a pee break right around the corner, and things of that nature? It just seems to me that she may have been still 'ok' till she got to the house.

O/T

did this happen or is it still coming up?

--------------

Websleuths
13 hours ago
Hey Everyone,

Websleuths will be down Eastern Time from 9 am this morning to as late as 9 pm tonight. for scheduled maintenance at our service center. If we could avoid this interruption we would but it is out of our hands. Feel free to discuss cases on this page until we are back up.

Tricia

Not sure if they are finished, but it was down for a few hours.

She may have powered it down herself, but I think it would be a strange coincidence if she chose to do it within a minute of meeting him.
Since he made sure his car would not be seen at a public place like the airport, it makes sense to me that he would turn it off right away.
He didn't waste any time. He was already burning her body on the same day.
I think he subdued her and maybe restrained her moments after she got in the car. He wasn't going to take any risks.
Either that or he somehow convinced her to turn off the phone at his direction. Imo
Following up...is there any info on what time the fire in his yard was noted by neighbors? It seems this crime unfolded very fast if they didn't even make contact until 3 a.m., her phone was off within a minute, and he was destroying such major evidence that day.

Tricia's post (from another thread, but the same rules apply to all threads). bbm

"We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is your PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you."

Thank you, Jax. The other reason we don't allow discussion of or requests for PMs on WS is that it's a bit like whispering to someone that you know something, but you aren't going to tell anyone else. It makes other members feel left out and like they are missing out on something important. If a member wants to PM someone, just do it. Don't mention it on the thread. Thanks!

no you can't

That is a private FB group and is not allowed to be discussed here. The only approved FB group for this case is linked in the first post of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288