GUILTY Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel, 14, Found deceased, Lucan, Co Dublin, 14 May 2018 *minors arrested*

This case is heart breaking. Poor Anna, my heart breaks for her family. Not much has been reported in the English media about this case so I only stumbled across it by chance today. I am shocked at the brutality of the murder by such young perpetrators. Horrifying for such young teenagers.

I'm on the fence about boy Bs involvement. Why would he openly go to Anna's house to 'call for her' if he knew she would be harmed or raped not long after. I know he was only 13 at the time but it doesn't take a high degree of intelligence to know you would be a suspect. Unless he thought Anna would be home alone but still its risking being seen by witnesses. I dont think he is the brains behind this at all, I think Boy A is the master mind. In my opinion boy A was lusting after Anna ( his *advertiser censored* internet searches of her name back this up) but due to the different social groups felt he was unable to persue this. I believe his frustration turned to anger/ hatred towards Anna. He wanted to act on his desires and hatched a plan. The mask confuses me though! wouldn't boy B's presence give boy A's identity away? They were best friends and both known to Anna. Or could it be that Boy A takes on an alter ego when wearing the mask and it's all part of his sick fantasy. The mask does suggest being a premeditated murder as boy b didnt cover his face so if it was just planned to rape / scare Anna then you would expect her to report it to the police or at the very least tell a friend. Which makes me think they or boy A knew she wouldn't be able to tell anyone because she would be dead. One thing for sure is I think he is unable to control his rage and got off on the power be had over Anna that day. The internet searches, night crawler drawings etc they all indicate to me that he is at the very least a sociopath . Where as boy b makes me scratch my head - was he fully involved but more cunning and able to cover his involvement ( he mentioned picking up the white stick when entering the building . Why would he need to pick up a stick if he was only a bystander?!). I also struggle to see how boy A would manage to detain Anna on his own . Its said that her false nails where found around the room suggesting she fought hard. Was it reported if Boy B had any injuries?

I feel for the jury in this case. It's so hard to determine boy Bs involvement.

This case is heart breaking. Poor Anna, my heart breaks for her family. Not much has been reported in the English media about this case so I only stumbled across it by chance today. I am shocked at the brutality of the murder by such young perpetrators. Horrifying for such young teenagers.

I'm on the fence about boy Bs involvement. Why would he openly go to Anna's house to 'call for her' if he knew she would be harmed or raped not long after. I know he was only 13 at the time but it doesn't take a high degree of intelligence to know you would be a suspect. Unless he thought Anna would be home alone but still its risking being seen by witnesses. I dont think he is the brains behind this at all, I think Boy A is the master mind. In my opinion boy A was lusting after Anna ( his *advertiser censored* internet searches of her name back this up) but due to the different social groups felt he was unable to persue this. I believe his frustration turned to anger/ hatred towards Anna. He wanted to act on his desires and hatched a plan. The mask confuses me though! wouldn't boy B's presence give boy A's identity away? They were best friends and both known to Anna. Or could it be that Boy A takes on an alter ego when wearing the mask and it's all part of his sick fantasy. The mask does suggest being a premeditated murder as boy b didnt cover his face so if it was just planned to rape / scare Anna then you would expect her to report it to the police or at the very least tell a friend. Which makes me think they or boy A knew she wouldn't be able to tell anyone because she would be dead. One thing for sure is I think he is unable to control his rage and got off on the power be had over Anna that day. The internet searches, night crawler drawings etc they all indicate to me that he is at the very least a sociopath . Where as boy b makes me scratch my head - was he fully involved but more cunning and able to cover his involvement ( he mentioned picking up the white stick when entering the building . Why would he need to pick up a stick if he was only a bystander?!). I also struggle to see how boy A would manage to detain Anna on his own . Its said that her false nails where found around the room suggesting she fought hard. Was it reported if Boy B had any injuries?

Hi Truth, long time no talk. I have followed most of the media coverage of this from day one of the trial, it has totally shocked Ireland. There were no injuries identified on Boy B. Not quite sure what you have read but the following piece, which is a very long read, is a very good article on the whole case. With regards to Boy B, it shows how he lied in every one of his 9 interviews with the Garda.

Ana Kriégel murder trial: The complete story

Hi Truth, long time no talk. I have followed most of the media coverage of this from day one of the trial, it has totally shocked Ireland. There were no injuries identified on Boy B. Not quite sure what you have read but the following piece, which is a very long read, is a very good article on the whole case. With regards to Boy B, it shows how he lied in every one of his 9 interviews with the Garda.

Ana Kriégel murder trial: The complete story

Hi Frizby, i have read it, it's a brilliant article. I can imagine it has shocked Ireland. I came to tears a few times myself hearing the details. I hope that it raises awareness of bullying. It really saddens me that Anna's last few years of life were plagued with loneliness and her eagerness to be liked was used against her to end her life. So sad!

ive only seen the case today so I'm going off first impressions but I can honestly say I dont know if boy b was unwittingly involved or he was as much involved as boy A. He did continually lie throughout his interviews but was he trying to cover for his friend? Peers are so important to 13/14 year old. I certainly dont think he realised the magnitude of lying and how this would look to a jury. It will be interesting to hear if boy A begins to talk now he has nothing to lose. I haven't seen anywhere that he implicated 'B' other than saying he is lying.

If however 'B' is knowingly involved, he could have been told/advised to lie by somebody else. I know they are 'children' but warning the parents of an imminent arrest for such a serious crime gave amble opportunity to destroy evidence and get stories straight.

I agree that boy A was lusting after Anna and planned some kind of a re-creation of a *advertiser censored* scene. And understanding that this won't fly afterwards, planned to kill her at the end. Waiting for her in the house with the rape kit and a mask means, Ana was just an object to him. She was beautiful and well-being, and that was all that mattered.

About boy B, sadly, he could have been that naive. It might have been so that out of all his friends, boy A chose the most immature one. When one friend is into *advertiser censored* and another one, into transformers, it is an odd friendship to start with. Makes me wonder...

Watching boy B's father, who seemingly has a one-track mind...and it is not because of his yelling in court, but because he is seemingly oblivious to the horrible fate of Ana, I wonder if nature has dealt boy B a very specific set of traits. He is easy to be manipulated into anything by a more mature friend.

So to me, the question of boy B is not closed.

Boy A, on the other hand, who seemingly had it all - a «sheltered» environment, as one of the MSM sources wrote, cuteness (Ana had a real crush on him so I assume he was good-looking...at 14, you don't rush out of the house unless the guy is cute), popularity. All of it was the shield covering some gross depravity. So I hope he'll stay in the holding Center till 18, and progress to the adult facility, and we shall know his name.

Both boys are culpable, but the degree is very different, IMHO.

And what really surprises me, the press covers boy B more than boy A although boy A is the true criminal. Why so?

JMO.

The charge of Murder is not just about the intention to kill. It was about the intention to kill or cause serious injury.

Mr Justice McDermott told the jurors that murder is the unlawful killing of one human being by another, where the person responsible intended to kill or cause serious injury. He asked the jurors to look at how Ana was killed.

The judge said an element of “great importance” is the requirement that the accused intended to kill or cause serious injury and he invited the jury to look at the circumstances in the case. If they are not satisfied that the accused intended to kill, then they must consider if either or both intended to cause the deceased serious injury, he said.

“If you have a reasonable doubt as to whether the accused intended to kill or cause serious injury to Ana Kriegel, you will acquit,” he said.

Judge tells jury in Ana Kriegel murder trial not to 'guess or make up theories' in relation to the case

Last edited:
!7
I agree that boy A was lusting after Anna and planned some kind of a re-creation of a *advertiser censored* scene. And understanding that this won't fly afterwards, planned to kill her at the end. Waiting for her in the house with the rape kit and a mask means, Ana was just an object to him. She was beautiful and well-being, and that was all that mattered.

About boy B, sadly, he could have been that naive. It might have been so that out of all his friends, boy A chose the most immature one. When one friend is into *advertiser censored* and another one, into transformers, it is an odd friendship to start with. Makes me wonder...

Watching boy B's father, who seemingly has a one-track mind...and it is not because of his yelling in court, but because he is seemingly oblivious to the horrible fate of Ana, I wonder if nature has dealt boy B a very specific set of traits. He is easy to be manipulated into anything by a more mature friend.

So to me, the question of boy B is not closed.

Boy A, on the other hand, who seemingly had it all - a «sheltered» environment, as one of the MSM sources wrote, cuteness (Ana had a real crush on him so I assume he was good-looking...at 14, you don't rush out of the house unless the guy is cute), popularity. All of it was the shield covering some gross depravity. So I hope he'll stay in the holding Center till 18, and progress to the adult facility, and we shall know his name.

Both boys are culpable, but the degree is very different, IMHO.

And what really surprises me, the press covers boy B more than boy A although boy A is the true criminal. Why so?

JMO.

Who has said that Ana had a crush on Boy A?
I'm not aware that's it's been corroborated by anyone other than the 2 lying murderers.

I don't think Boy B is a shy naive little boy sitting at home playing with toys while Boy is at home watching hardcore *advertiser censored* either... THAT is purely the impression Boy Bs father and defence WANTS you to have but I call *bullsheet* ... if Boy B was as he is portrayed then he would certainly have cracked and told the truth to the big scary policeman.

As for Boy A - we've heard less about him because pretty much all he said was "no comment" ... what is there to report on?

Who has said that Ana had a crush on Boy A?
I'm not aware that's it's been corroborated by anyone other than the 2 lying murderers.

I don't think Boy B is a shy naive little boy sitting at home playing with toys while Boy is at home watching hardcore *advertiser censored* either... THAT is purely the impression Boy Bs father and defence WANTS you to have but I call *bullsheet* ... if Boy B was as he is portrayed then he would certainly have cracked and told the truth to the big scary policeman.

As for Boy A - we've heard less about him because pretty much all he said was "no comment" ... what is there to report on?

A female child witness told Mr Grehan that "everyone knew" that Ana liked Boy A but she wasn't sure if Ana ever said it directly to him. She said Ana asked her to find out if Boy A liked her but the witness said: "I don't think he liked her."

The trial continues in front of Justice Paul McDermott and a jury of eight men and four women

Ana Kriegel trial: One of accused boys told friend that Boy A was 'trying to set him up', court hears

I did read that she had told a friend at school she had a crush on boy A :( makes it even worse.

A female child witness told Mr Grehan that "everyone knew" that Ana liked Boy A but she wasn't sure if Ana ever said it directly to him. She said Ana asked her to find out if Boy A liked her but the witness said: "I don't think he liked her."

The trial continues in front of Justice Paul McDermott and a jury of eight men and four women

Ana Kriegel trial: One of accused boys told friend that Boy A was 'trying to set him up', court hears

I did read that she had told a friend at school she had a crush on boy A :( makes it even worse.

Am wondering if the reason for Ana having a crush or a liking for Boy A was because he was tall, Ana herself was 5ft8", she would have been towering over many boys around her age.

Ah thank you, you think you've read everything and then clearly I hadn't heard that bit ... even worse then really ... poor girl!

I think we should review the horrendous amount of crimes against vulnerable population, be it children, adults or elderly.

Ana had a learning disability, suffered from consequences of inner ear tumor removal, was deaf in one ear and had poor vision. Too many barriers to education. You’d think that being tall and gorgeous could have worked for her, but, no. On the contrary, it seems.

I hope kids who were teasing her or adults who paid no attention to bullying might now, at least, feel remorse... Ana was a vulnerable child, but with support, she might have flourished in the future. I remember a girl with a disability here who became a beauty queen of Montana. It happens, when the environment is good.

Now these two cads have cold-heartedly ended her life.. I hope karma exists.

I feel very sorry for her parents. RIP, Ana.

Family, friends and locals are set to turn out in their droves tomorrow as a tree will be planted in memory of Ana Kriegel close to where the tragic teen was murdered.

The parents of the 14-year-old schoolgirl, Patric and Geraldine, will front the ceremony which will take place at Leixlip Manor Hotel on Saturday, June 29 at 5:30pm.
Hundreds to attend tree planting event and prayer service for Ana Kriegel

Family, friends and locals are set to turn out in their droves tomorrow as a tree will be planted in memory of Ana Kriegel close to where the tragic teen was murdered.

The parents of the 14-year-old schoolgirl, Patric and Geraldine, will front the ceremony which will take place at Leixlip Manor Hotel on Saturday, June 29 at 5:30pm.
Hundreds to attend tree planting event and prayer service for Ana Kriegel

TheJournal.ie

64220912_2499855106701565_6597366420047134720_n.jpg

The matter was before the court again this morning as further directions were sought
" This morning, the matter came before Judge McDermott again, after Brendan Grehan SC, for the DPP, said that the office had received a letter from Professor Harry Kennedy, consultant forensic psychiatrist and executive clinical director, National Forensic Mental Health Service.
Mr Grehan said Prof Kennedy had sought some directions in terms of complying with the judge's orders."

Parents of the two boys found guilty of Ana Kriegel murder 'likely to be interviewed by court-appointed clinicians' ahead of sentencing - Independent.ie

A journalist has been fined €2,500 by a Central Criminal Court judge after he named one of the boys convicted of Ana Kriegel's murder during a live radio broadcast. The radio station, Cork's Red FM, was fined €10,000.
Journalist and radio station fined for broadcasting name of one of Ana Kriegel's murderers

I think this is harsh on the radio station,it was a live broadcast!!
The reporter made a mistake,he didnt intentionally report Boy A's name,which was all over Twitter at that point anyway!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back