Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the owner or manager. I promise that it is possible and happens, especially if it’s in an area where allowing certain things like drug sales or use can result in the owner being in trouble for allowing a nuisance.

There also are instances when a lease has run out or, if it’s in the contract as allowable, an owner wants the tenant to go so the place can be rented to someone else as perhaps agreed or to someone else for more money or to allow renovations but the tenant won’t go as requested. I imagine it’s a case of benefit vs. cost (and I don’t just mean money) to the owner.

I don’t, because crimes like this are almost always committed by a lone individual.

As a former supervisory FBI agent said on HLN the other day, “If you’re going to do something like this, you don’t invite an audience.”
Plus, I don't think he needed any help. She got in the car on her own, never suspecting, and could have easily been subdued by him alone. Other than dumping the mattress on another likely unsuspecting person, all this seems to have been carried out by him, and relatively easily. And his callous breezy attitude was "I'll just burn and bury her and all evidence in the backyard and screws to the neighbors". I think this was the end game in something he's planned all along and was not a team event.

It happens, but it’s highly unusual.

I think this was a sexually motivated murder, and was committed to satisfy his own sick desires.

He didn’t need any help.
Yeah, but, MG, if this was an episode of Criminal Minds there would be a slobbering white guy with a slight limp coming out of the woods in a torn t-shirt.....Never mind.

I am new here so sorry if I am off on formatting, etc. I see a lot of people saying they think he subdued her once she got in the car. I also saw that someone mentioned the possibility of a third person being in the car. With that said, do you all think it could be possible that there was a third person maybe laying down in the back seat, and once she got in they popped up and subdued her with chloroform or something? Just a thought.
I don’t understand why people can’t just consider the most likely scenario: she met up with him with the intention of going to his house.
She got in his car. They went to his house.

Why does there have to be all this nefarious activity and an accomplice?

She was willing to meet up with him at 3 am. Seems reasonable to think she’d be willing to turn her phone off if he asked her to.

People want to think that she was somehow coerced into meeting him that night, but is that really logical? She had been in CA. If she really didn’t want to meet up with him, she easily could have avoided telling him when she was going to return. She could have also had the Lyft driver take her to her house.

As much of a monster as this guy is, I don’t think it’s a stretch to consider that Kenzie had been communicating with him, liked him, and wanted to go to his house that night. Maybe she had no idea how much he liked sex. Or, maybe she liked sex, too? (GASP!)

I don’t understand why people can’t just consider the most likely scenario: she met up with him with the intention of going to his house.
She got in his car. They went to his house.

Why does there have to be all this nefarious activity and an accomplice?

She was willing to meet up with him at 3 am. Seems reasonable to think she’d be willing to turn her phone off if he asked her to.

People want to think that she was somehow coerced into meeting him that night, but is that really logical? She had been in CA. If she really didn’t want to meet up with him, she easily could have avoided telling him when she was going to return. She could have also had the Lyft driver take her to her house.

As much of a monster as this guy is, I don’t think it’s a stretch to consider that Kenzie had been communicating with him, liked him, and wanted to go to his house that night. Maybe she had no idea how much he liked sex. Or, maybe she liked sex, too? (GASP!)

Agree -- also, do we know for a fact she shut her phone off? Isn't it possible it just died?

It depends on the owner or manager. I promise that it is possible and happens, especially if it’s in an area where allowing certain things like drug sales or use can result in the owner being in trouble for allowing a nuisance.

He was in the apartment one up above & across the hall from me in Building "A," which is on the complete opposite side of the leasing office...made it quite a bit easier for folks over there to do what they wanted. It's also the building that faces Hatch Park. That's where my window in my bedroom faced.

I can't find his eviction record but according to WhitePages he lived there until March 2017. If so, we had the same apartment manager who was extremely hands-off. She was almost never in the office and was extremely difficult to get in contact with at times.

All this is really sort of extraneous to the crime, but I do doubt he was evicted for anything besides not paying rent.

I don’t, because crimes like this are almost always committed by a lone individual.

As a former supervisory FBI agent said on HLN the other day, “If you’re going to do something like this, you don’t invite an audience.”
Regarding wondering if and how AA subdued ML right away. I remember many wondered the same thing in the Samantha Josephson case (U of SC student who mistook killer’s car for her Uber ride).

That perp somehow managed it on his own. I agree - it’s likely AA did as well.

He was in the apartment one up above & across the hall from me in Building "A," which is on the complete opposite side of the leasing office...made it quite a bit easier for folks over there to do what they wanted. It's also the building that faces Hatch Park. That's where my window in my bedroom faced.

I can't find his eviction record but according to WhitePages he lived there until March 2017. If so, we had the same apartment manager who was extremely hands-off. She was almost never in the office and was extremely difficult to get in contact with at times.

All this is really sort of extraneous to the crime, but I do doubt he was evicted for anything besides not paying rent.

I understand now!

Or alternatively, as soon as she gets into his car she powers it down voluntarily because it's close to dead and she wants to preserve battery.
Or if they had met up previously or discussed in text that he wants her 100 percent attention when she is with him and his rule is phone goes off- he seems to want undivided attention and lots of it- sick sick sicko

I understand now!

Yeah, not the best complex tbh... The people below me literally fought and beat their kids loudly for hours at a time, even after multiple noise complaints and police calls nothing happened. My mom hated me living there. There's another newer complex nearby (Eaglewood) where most of the higher-income folks/college students who live in apartments end up going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken