Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Agree.

Also, for reasons we may never know, she trusted him. And she likely texted him multiple times during her Lyft ride to the park "on my way"... "just pulling in"... etc.

JMO
I have had that thought as well and tried to figure out the kidnapping thing. I wonder if she tried to leave once they got to his place and that is where the kidnapping came from.

Does anyone have copies of the Air BnB photos of AA's house? Because the listing has been taken down now and I wanted to re-examine one of the pictures. I seem recall one of the walls looked weird, like it had been worked on and was in need of repainting. What if that's where the secret room was supposed to be built? I do also remember one of the reviewers (the long semi-negative review) mentioned a second room having a dirt floor as one of the negatives of his/her stay.

In this basement photo from his Airbnb listing, you can see a fresh drywall patch on the wall. It may have later been sanded and painted over?

In the original sales listing of the home, there used to be a doorway there. IMO, I think that doorway lead to a very small fruit cellar under the front porch.

JMO

Attachments

• 1756CD23-61FA-4147-B57D-3F684C6ED74C.jpeg
    1756CD23-61FA-4147-B57D-3F684C6ED74C.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Slightly off topic but as an Australian I find it fascinating that anyone can purchase this type of information about another person. Or the fact anyone could look up who lived at the address once it was named by LE.

Is this how it works? You can just look up any street address and find who owns the residence?

None of this is public knowledge in Australia and it blows my mind!

TIA

Pretty much, but it can be a bit hazy. When I first looked up the address he lived at, multiple people were listed--5, actually. I'm assuming previous homeowners or renters that were still listed as current. So it takes a little bit of digging and some critical thinking still.

The great majority of murderers dispose of their victims in places that are familiar to them.

Yes. But he could have chosen any familiar place. He took a big risk by burning Kenzie’s body in his yard. He did this imo for more reasons than just it being a familiar place and convenient. He wanted to prep that fire, see that fire, smell that fire and have her remains on his property. He easily could’ve dumped her in any other familiar place. Jmo

But speaking of familiarity, here is a great article on awareness space for anyone who may not have seen this article before; I often end up posting it in many threads, well worth a read for anyone who may be interested:

Jessica Ridgeway: Killer’s ‘awareness space’ may lead to clues
By Jefferson Dodge and Joel Dyer - October 18, 2012
https://www.boulderweekly.com/news/...-lsquoawareness-spacersquo-may-lead-to-clues/

ETA: There was a high risk with burning the fire, neighbors possibly getting a scent, witnessing, plus having this evidence on his property. He took these risk for a reason, moo (part of his fantasy).

Last edited:
Agree -- also, do we know for a fact she shut her phone off? Isn't it possible it just died?

I don't think we know for sure. I think we can safely say that anything we don't know to be explicitly false (based on the the evidence that we do know) could be possible.

For my part - the location of the park vs. the airport and his house is strange and may be an indication of a planned attack/abduction (to his house). One could then imagine the phone being turned off shortly thereafter as part of his plan. In no way is AA a criminal mastermind, but if this was premeditated he probably had a few ideas in mind to try and cover his tracks (and the phone going off could very well be one of them).

On the other hand... any peculiar details we've identified could have perfectly normal explanations and the encounter, itself, might've been going as ML expected... right up until the moment of violence.

We won't know, until we know.

it's called a Faraday Cage and it's to secure credit cards.

"RFID blocking wallets block RFID signals using electromagnetic enclosure technology called a Faraday cage. This technology is said to make credit cards electromagnetically opaque by distributing electrostatic charges or radiation around the cage’s exterior, thus protecting its contents from electric charges."

RFID Blocking Wallets: Are They Necessary? - Loss Prevention Media

Thank you Emily. I was thinking perhaps she got in his car and figured she wouldn't be on the phone now so just popped it into the bag, and that would appear as turning it off. Because I agree with those posters who suspect that he didn't subdue her at all in the car...that it didn't go bad until they arrived at the house.
MOO

The issue with that is their meeting point, coupled with Kenzie’s phone being shut off.

He didn’t pick her up at the airport, likely because he didn’t want his car spotted.

She didn’t take the Lyft to his house, likely because he didn’t want the Lyft record to reflect that.

Her phone went dead immediately after getting in his car, likely because he didn’t want anyone to be able to trace Kenzie’s movements.

That wreaks of premeditation, and not panic.

I agree with what you’re saying. I just find it so crazy that if he went through all that trouble of thinking ahead why in the world did he bring his phone to pick her up?? Could he be that dumb to worry about pings from her phone but forget about his?

Slightly off topic but as an Australian I find it fascinating that anyone can purchase this type of information about another person. Or the fact anyone could look up who lived at the address once it was named by LE.

Is this how it works? You can just look up any street address and find who owns the residence?

TIA
Scary isn't it? In the US home purchases are public record (as are marriage/divorce/arrest records in some states). But it works both ways. Say you have a stalker and know his full name - you can gather enough info to sort of stalk him back. KWIM? JMO.

We aren't the jurors, they will provide every bit of evidence needed at trial, they do not need to try him in public. They have her phone ping trail, they have the Lyft GPS, they know exactly where she went upon leaving the airport, and it will all come out - at trial.
I bet you his attorney, (im sure many have already contacted him) will try to get his trial moved far away due to the magnitude of this case and amount of media coverage that the poor sex maniac murderer wont get a fair trial here in SLC

I agree with what you’re saying. I just find it so crazy that if he went through all that trouble of thinking ahead why in the world did he bring his phone to pick her up?? Could he be that dumb to worry about pings from her phone but forget about his?

Probably. I think he was brazenly overconfident--he burned the body in his own backyard, he sold the mattress publicly. I don't think he ever expected to be caught or even searched. He probably didn't even fully understand that if he was a POI LE would go and trace his phone, not just hers. He's not a smart guy. His writing also shows that.

I bet LE made AA undress to look for recent cuts or scratches on his body. I suppose if there is he would blame it on yard work. It was alot of hard work two days of manning that bonfire. LE took rakes, shovel and pitchforks when they searched his house.
Wasn't it weird how many garden tools AA had for just a grass-covered suburban lot?

He didn't bring those with him from an apartment so what was the deal?!

(Well, I guess we know. The man had plans. It'll be interesting to see when the tools were purchased. Some looked new.)

Last edited:

TIA
This may blow your mind, then. I live out in the country where there are acres and acres of farmland. Every year I get a plat book in the mail. It’s like a small phone book size and shows grid maps for my entire township and the owners’s names for each bit of land. That’s how I figured out who my “neighbors” were. And I do not pay for this information. It’s like manna from the sky!

Would they let him in the country if he had a record?

I can answer your question from my perspective dealing with international students at a university. Nigeria is a country in conflict, to put it mildly. Most applying for a student Visa (F-1) are denied. The vetting by our US Consulate is strict. But - since the conflict in that area is fluid, criminal records would be difficult to determine. Also, there are some who are granted student visas (from other countries as well) who never arrive at the university. I hope this was helpful!

Last edited:
I still think what he did was out of a panic and thought oh no I killed someone. I need to cover this fast. How do I do it?
IMoo I don't think death bothers him like us. He saw allot of burning people die in Nigeria according to his book. He comes from a different culture. Not all are like that but he got messed up big time JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe