Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She isn't a public defender, she is a private defense attorney.

As I said in my posting, I don't know how either a prosecutor or defense attorney could sleep after negotiating a "guilty but no prison" deal for a previously convicted child rapist.

JMO
if I was a private defender, I'd boast about it. you can't re-try someone for a previous conviction. thank god. JMO

ETA: if I were a private or public defender, I'd boast my wins. who wouldnt?? JMO

Last edited:
I still have a few pages to catch up and you guys may have eventually discussed this.
If you continue to listen to the interview discussing the “friend” you will hear the reporter say that “he declined to give his name because of how he met ML”.

I take that to possibly mean that he could have been a SD and not known to any of her other friends.

Thank you so much for finding this. I started listening at about the 1:42 mark.

Reporter Ashley Kewish is outside the police department and spoke with a friend of MacKenzie's. He was visibly shaken, angry, and crying. He asked if they knew where the suspect was being taken because he wanted to see him face to face for himself.

Ashley asked how he knew MacKenzie and he said he met her online as well. He said that he knew of this suspect because he and MacKenzie had talked about him before.

Ashley said he told her that he always had a bad feeling about that guy and repeated a lot of things that are not appropriate for her to say on television.

He told Ashley that he and ML had conversations specifically about AA before, that she had told him (her friend) what she was doing, and that she had a relationship or arrangement with AA and he (the friend) told her that he didn't have a good feeling about it.

Ashley asked him if he's told the police and he said he's been in contact with police since the beginning.

That's how I interpreted it as well. The reporter stated that her friends are very upset and the man came up to her angry and "visibly shaken, repeating a lot of things we can't say on t.v." He asked if she knew where they were taking him so he could get a look at him.

So my impression was the guy was cursing him out and saying what he thought of him, which included things that can't be said on t.v.

But the important thing to me was that he said he had conversations with her about him and that she had a relationship or "some type of arrangement" with him.
That's kind of general so there are a few things that can mean. I don't get the idea that they were dating as in having a romantic relationship, however. Imo

The friend told the reporter that he and ML had discussed the suspect before and he didn't have a good feeling about him.

We don't hear the friend himself in the video and the reporter doesn't say whether or not the friend used AA's name; she uses the word "suspect."

The friend has been in contact with LE since the beginning of the case.

Here is my original post. Please note that 1:42 refers to the one hour, 42 minute mark. MOO

(I think that might have been one of the worst things I’ve ever read in my life frankly. And we all ask in these cases how the heck the perp was still was walking free...unbelievable...If I were the parent of one of those victims listed on that resume...or the parent of a future victim of one of these offenders...)
Indeed. Honestly, it hurt my heart. I was looking at it only from my eyes as parent and from the perspective of the victims and their families. Also, I did not anticipate a "high profile" attorney for AA. BTW - I am very impressed with your skills there Ms. Margarita - LOL!!

My father was an excellent defense attorney. So I do understand what motivates some of the good ones.

I learned first hand that just because someone is charged with a long list of horrid crimes, it does not mean they actually committed said crimes.

In cases like that, a defense attorney is a guardian angel. Can you imagine being falsely accused of killing your missing child?

It is possible that some of those clients on the list posted upthread, were actually innocent of the charges. In that case, she is a hero and not a villain. JMO

A voice of reason. Thank you.

I kinda think we should drift back to discussing this case, rather than the moral implications of being a defense attorney.

So, who thinks she’ll keep the case?
I think she won’t, because it doesn’t look much like a win, to me. Unless she wants to put it on her resume as: Client charged with murder, and overwhelming evidence against him. Plea bargained down to LWOP, by making it clear to her grieving parents how much I could make them suffer, if it came to trial.

<respectfully snipped, opinion>
Keep in mind that people have spent days demeaning and shaming a young woman because of how she chose to earn income. Doing the same to another woman because of her career choice seems equally unfair.

That is not true. People who respect that women can do as they please when they please are not demeaning or shaming. They are accepting and respecting. Kenzie had a lifestyle choice that made her vulnerable. I hope we can all agree here. Regardless of how glamorous sugar is, it left her vulnerable - moreso because of anonymous and potentially false digital footprints. The suspect has a false digital footprint.

It's not about career choice. Kenzie clearly had standards regarding her lifestyle choice. The suspect does not meet any of the criteria. How did he get to her, and how did he get her alone in a park along the freeway at 3AM?

Did he already know her, or did she make a mistake in the interests of discretion?

She isn't a public defender, she is a private defense attorney.

As I said in my posting, I don't know how either a prosecutor or defense attorney could sleep after negotiating a "guilty but no prison" deal for a previously convicted child rapist.

JMO
Maybe there was no solid evidence for the second case and there was a question about the credibility of the case. Sometimes people are falsely accused, especially if they have previous charges.

I know of a man who was convicted of rape when he was a teen. Decades later his ex girlfriend's sister accused him of rape and he almost got life in prison because it was 2nd offence. But it turned out that his ex gf set him up because she wanted emotional revenge and she didn't want him around their son. So he was innocent, even though he had an earlier offence.

Might have been a similar thing in the case posted above. The only way a prosecutor would agree to a deal like that would be if there was no credible evidence, imo.

Last edited:
I think she won’t, because it doesn’t look much like a win, to me. Unless she wants to put it on her resume as: Client charged with murder, and overwhelming evidence against him. Plea bargained down to LWOP, by making it clear to her grieving parents how much I could make them suffer, if it came to trial.

Oof.

I still have a few pages to catch up and you guys may have eventually discussed this.
If you continue to listen to the interview discussing the “friend” you will hear the reporter say that “he declined to give his name because of how he met ML”.

I take that to possibly mean that he could have been a SD and not known to any of her other friends.

I think there’s a reasonable chance that he’s a SD—one who developed an emotional connection with her. The main reason I doubt it, though, is wondering if she’d talk about those sorts of personal issues to a SD. I guess it would depend on the relationship.

I kinda think we should drift back to discussing this case, rather than the moral implications of being a defense attorney.

There are no moral implications. There's a verified expert who has explain that sugar is a safe lifestyle choice. The 1970s feminist revolution taught women that there is no shame in any lifestyle choice. After the invention of the birth control pill in the 1960s, women were the sole guardian of their bodies.

I suppose so regarding charges. Police charged him with offenses that can result in the death penalty. The prosecutor can bargain the death penalty off the table in exchange for a guilty plea and LWOP. No one wants to know how she suffered after she got into his car at Hatch Park at 3AM after returning from her her grandmother's funeral.

:mad::mad::mad:
March 2016 - Client charged with 25 counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child, sodomy upon a child and rape of a child in two separate jurisdictions. After blistering cross examination of alleged victim by Gustin at preliminary hearing, prosecutor agrees to offer misdemeanor, no sexual registration. Client was looking at minimum mandatory sentences that would put him in prison for life.

Personally, I find ALL of her "victories" horrifying!
IMO!

OT—Since it kind of boggles my mind, it would be interesting to find out why the focus of this woman attorney’s practice is defending men accused of harming women and children. She is clearly passionate about her work and digs deep for her clients, some (but not all) of whom are probably innocent. I’m just curious about what caused her to choose this particular “specialty.” Was a man in her family falsely accused and rescued by an excellent defense attorney?

To get back on topic, I don’t think she will keep this case. It would not be a “win” and if she did get him a reduced sentence, I don’t think she’d want to list it on her website. JMO

Last edited:
I am definitely enraged by some of the "success stories" on this attorney's site, but I do think it's worth pointing out the possibility that some of her clients may actually have been innocent, and/or that a #3 on the list above might be that the attorney believes her client (sometimes).
Some of her clients may have been innocent but I also seriously doubt they appreciate her publicizing their case at all. But some of her clients had prior convictions for the same offense. It is a well known fact that pedophiles often re-offend.
My father was an excellent defense attorney. So I do understand what motivates some of the good ones.

I learned first hand that just because someone is charged with a long list of horrid crimes, it does not mean they actually committed said crimes.

In cases like that, a defense attorney is a guardian angel. Can you imagine being falsely accused of killing your missing child?

It is possible that some of those clients on the list posted up thread, were actually innocent of the charges. In that case, she is a hero and not a villain. JMO

I think all of us on this forum are well aware that not all who are arrested are guilty. The first lawyer in my family was practicing in PA in 1790. But of all the attorneys in my family over the years, not a single one has had a website where they list all their "wins." They list only landmark cases.

I find listing of "wins" in child sexual abuse cases to be particularly smarmy but that's just me, I guess.

JMO

I think there’s a reasonable chance that he’s a SD—one who developed an emotional connection with her. The main reason I doubt it, though, is wondering if she’d talk about those sorts of personal issues to a SD. I guess it would depend on the relationship.

I think he's a SO, a sex offender - one who developed an unnatural sexual behavior through his childhood in Nigeria, or as a mysogenist with a green card. He was excused from rape because the victim was afraid to press charges. In some places, the victim doesn't make that decision - safer for the victim.

It sounds like Kenzie discussed a new man (the suspect?) with another online friend, a real connection. Is this the same man who came forward and said that Kenzie has been known to meet a new client at a park?

I think he's a SO, a sex offender - one who developed an unnatural sexual behavior through his childhood in Nigeria, or as a mysogenist with a green card. He was excused from rape because the victim was afraid to press charges. In some places, the victim doesn't make that decision - safer for the victim.

It sounds like Kenzie discussed a new man (the suspect?) with another online friend, a real connection. Is this the same man who came forward and said that Kenzie has been known to meet a new client at a park?

I think you misunderstood. The ‘he’ I was talking about was the grieving friend, not AA.

So, uh, do you guys think we will have any chance of knowing a COD? I’m assuming there is no body to do an autopsy on. :-( Due to the fact that it seems all they found was “human tissue.”

Anyone have any input?

I am curious, and again this may have been asked and answered but if so I did not see it.

Did LE say definitively that her phone was turned off right around 3 a.m.? Or, that there were just no more communications after that? In other words, she probably wouldn't be sending/receiving texts/calls/notifications from a bunch of people at that hour, so could it be that the phone was simply inactive for a time but turned off say, an hour later?

It was turned off, powered down or destroyed. L.E said it happened very quickly after meeting at the park. (I thought I read that it was even within one minute of getting into his car or leaving the park.) I think he incapacitated or restrained her immediately after she got into the car and took her phone/shut it down before he even left where he was parked while waiting for KL to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member