Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney Susanne Gustin
With more than 27 years of experience, Susanne Gustin is a criminal defense trial attorney solo practitioner. She has grown to become a steadfast and reliable source advocate for her clients.

Her experience in the criminal law system representing high-profile cases as well as her less popular cases has made her a highly sought after attorney in her field.

Education
Susanne received her Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Political Science and Middle East Studies with a minor in Hebrew from the University of Utah in 1987, and her Juris Doctor from the University Of Utah School Of Law on 1991.

About Susanne Gustin

(This would be off topic, but I can’t help but wonder how many of her clients on that list went and reoffended. I would really like to do a study on that. But of course that would be completely off topic. Just wanted to share that thought that about which I’ve been very curious since last night.)

Last edited:
If they are his accounts, or from mainstream media oh, yes. I'm not sure about other sources, perhaps you could Alert on your own post and ask a moderator or somebody else here can answer.

ETA, identifying a person that was in the picture of his, is totally not with in terms of service in my opinion. We do not want victims and or outliers of this case being identified on the internet in my opinion. I would hope law enforcement knows the name of the person if you think it is significance, call it in.

Have we posted the call in number for law enforcement recently for this case. Now might be a good time?

In regards to this, question as I am still new, things like the Venmo account that someone found, I find myself assuming that LE already has this info, but perhaps I shouldn’t assume that?
I know most members are much more experienced than myself, any advice as to when/if someone should indeed send something they sleuthed LEs way?

Also, in the past 24, on the Help Find Kenzie FB page (one linked on the first page), they did repost the tip line asking people to still call in.
TIA for any advice.

I believe the lawyer in question is just doing her job. She might not be palatable for some based on her previous clients, and I surely understand the discomfort, but she's clearly a hard-working attorney who does her best to defend her clients. I hope the prosecuter in this case is equally tenacious.

MOO.
The lawyer has been practicing law for 27 years according to her website. She's blonde and white, but she's not in her 20s. She's likely in her 50s. I think it's better for him to have an experienced attorney. I don't want him to claim he had poor representation or get off on some technicality.

I agree, she’s a seasoned defense attorney. I think she’s probably close to 50. Here’s a couple of photos from the MacNeill trial and that was in 2013.

<modsnip: images removed due to no link to source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. But I wonder if that his name on his green card???

And when was he in London studying? If anyone has these dates they would be super helpful. TYIA.
According to his resume, he attended London South Bank University from May 2011 - Mar 2015 which doesn't seem to coincide with other dates on said resume...

my-resume

I agree with you. And those that are looking to blame a defense attorney for possibly getting a predator off the hook, I suggest perhaps it was the prosecution that didn’t do its job. IMO

What can the prosecutor do if the alleged victim, faced with a ‘blistering cross-examination,’ just decided that moving on with her life would be better?

That line in her resume seemed to me to be sending the signal that if the alleged victim is vulnerable in any way, SG is the lawyer for you! (And we all know that rapists NEVER choose vulnerable victims. *sarcasm alert.)

Imagine what’s there that we are not finding, perhaps on the dark web.

Did you guys by chance check Fetlife for a profile on him?
I honestly can’t even think about it.
And someone did find a fetlife profile for him, I believe it was towards the end of the last thread. I can try to find it, bear with me, multitasking here.

Hey Everyone,

A few posters have mentioned their dismay at the perp being represented by a lawyer.
Keep in mind everyone is entitled to a defense in the U.S. and then there's this;

"A criminal defendant's right to an attorney is found in the Sixth Amendment to the U.S.Constitution, which requires the "assistance of counsel" for the accused "in all criminal prosecutions." This means that a defendant has a constitutional right to be represented by an attorney during trial.
View attachment 191511
FindLaw › criminal › criminal-rights
The Right to Counsel - FindLaw"

Also, if a lawyer ever called the cops and reported what a client said about his/her guilt or innocence that lawyer would be disbarred.

I would like any of our verified attorneys to jump into this unlikely scenario and explain what would happen; Let's say a guy calls a lawyer and when the lawyer says hello the guy blurts out his name and phone number and says " I KILLED (insert victim here) I DID IT I KILLED 'EM."
Since the lawyer had not been technically retained is the lawyer obligated to call the police?
IMO no. First said lawyer would probably think it was a crank call and ignore it
Second said lawyer would be retained by the crazy caller and even though this was said before lawyer was retained I am assuming it would still be protected under attorney/client privilege.

I know a couple of these questions might seem a bit silly but these are the questions people have posted about.

Again, to our verified lawyers please jump in.
Totally. Look at it like this; this lawyer isn’t necessarily defending AJ’s actions as much as she’s making sure he gets a fair trial. Obviously, there are shady lawyers on both sides, but we want defense attorneys to balance the system. Plus, if you ever find yourself on the wrong side of the law, you may need one! And you better hope they are good, especially if you are wrongly convicted! I’d love to hear some answers to these questions too. It’s fascinating to me.

I wonder if she is getting her name in the news, and then when she realizes he stands no choice he will drop him. Moo.

Could be for the notoriety? Didn’t someone mention that in Utah they don’t have public defenders, that private defense attorneys are on a rotation with the public defenders office?

JMO

He wasn’t born here IIRC so there would have to be some kind of immigration papers. Right? Green card may have been bad choice of words. Visa maybe? Idk.
No matter where he was born outside the USA if he gained citizenship he would no longer need visas or green cards. But if he does have citizenship, he probably went through a whole bunch of visas, paperwork, probably a green card for some time period.

What can the prosecutor do if the alleged victim, faced with a ‘blistering cross-examination,’ just decided that moving on with her life would be better?

That line in her resume seemed to me to be sending the signal that if the alleged victim is vulnerable in any way, SG is the lawyer for you! (And we all know that rapists NEVER choose vulnerable victims. *sarcasm alert.)
RBBM
That would be unfortunate but you can’t blame the defense attorney. Who gets to decide which person gets a vigorous defense and which person doesn’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member