Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can the prosecutor do if the alleged victim, faced with a ‘blistering cross-examination,’ just decided that moving on with her life would be better?

That line in her resume seemed to me to be sending the signal that if the alleged victim is vulnerable in any way, SG is the lawyer for you! (And we all know that rapists NEVER choose vulnerable victims. *sarcasm alert.)

Amen. “Blistering cross examination” of a child rape victim.

(You know, my whole life I wanted to be an attorney, since I was a kid. I took the preparatory steps academically and dove in for while. I aced my tests. I realized I was too much of a slacker at the time to buckle down for law school though, a personal decision. Several times over the years I’ve attempted to resume some of my academic studies, but it seems my A.D.D. doesn’t provide for me staring at the statues, codes, etc etc. I so admire anyone who has the discipline to do this.)

Last edited:
He wasn’t born here IIRC so there would have to be some kind of immigration papers. Right? Green card may have been bad choice of words. Visa maybe? Idk.
You get a 'green card' when you are given permanent resident status. Once 5 years have elapsedyou can apply for citizenship if you wish.Then you hand in your green card ( they are actually blue) in exchange for your citizenship papers.

Well they are not from his account yet he is tagged in said photos. Does that mean I can or can’t post?

I am sure that LE knows her identity in the photo. I have just seen multiple posts wanting to know who she is. I am pretty certain I do know that. IMO.

And I believe the ex wife of AA may be of Asian decent. IMO.

Other than to satisfy the curiosity of those who feel they have a right to know every little tidbit that LE know, there is no reason to divulge any information about the girl in the Airbnb photo or any info about the ex-wife. Neither have anything to do with KL's murder, and therefore, are not sleuthable. We have plenty of things that legitimately can be sleuthed without going there. JMO

So, he had a consult with his now possible lawyer on the 25. Had they started searching his house or anything on that day? I remember they released her surveillance from the airport that day.

On Tuesday, 6/25/19 - SLCPD announced they were holding a presser at 2pm (later revised to 2:30pm). They tweeted this announcement at 8:14 AM -mst.

SLC Police Dept.‏Verified account @slcpd
We will be holding a press conference at 2:00 p.m. MDT at the Public Safety Building today, June 25, with updates on the missing person case of Mackenzie Lueck. #MissingPerson #Updates#mackenzielueck

7:14 AM - 25 Jun 2019 pst

Later Tuesday evening, AA paid consult fee to attorney S. Gustin at 7:58pm. (Per Venmo).

Warrants and house search was on Wednesday.

Yellow Flowers

Was there news in MSM that they had search warrant for her phone records on the 25th? Perhaps he read that and knew he would be questioned because he was texting her, so he started looking for a lawyer. I mean, he was fully aware that he texted her that night - didn't need LE knocking on his door to tell him that.

jmo

JMO, likely a lot of this would be ruled inadmissible in a trial on the merits of the crime, but with reference to a competency hearing or if Team AA attempts to assert an insanity defense, all the proximate criminal defense attorney outreach reportedly initiated by AA would certainly seem likely to undercut any argument that AA was unaware of potential criminal law offenses associated with his acts and/or omissions.

I’m not familiar with Utah’s laws re standards for competency to stand trial or the standard or framing/context of insanity defenses in Utah criminal trials.

Just throwing this out there in case a verified attorney on here familiar with Utah criminal law and procedure or otherwise may wish to weigh in on this.

Sorry if this has already been addressed upthread or downthread.

Sometimes Better Call Saul as soon as possible is good advice it would seem, but other times, it seems to me that an uncharged individual voluntarily reaching out to a criminal defense attorney on the person’s own behalf to seek legal counsel might suggest that someone is sufficiently sane and competent to stand trial if later charged and also not to have the best odds at claiming they had no belief their acts or omissions were potential violations of criminal law to the extent that would help support a claim of insanity — yet I’m guessing none of this type of anticipatory outreach to the criminal lawyer would be admissible at trial by the prosecution, or am I wrong about this?

On Tuesday, 6/25/19 - SLCPD announced they were holding a presser at 2pm (later revised to 2:30pm). They tweeted this announcement at 8:14 AM -mst.

We will be holding a press conference at 2:00 p.m. MDT at the Public Safety Building today, June 25, with updates on the missing person case of Mackenzie Lueck. #MissingPerson #Updates#mackenzielueck

Later Tuesday evening, AA paid consult fee to attorney S. Gustin at 7:58pm. (Per Venmo).

Yellow Flowers
Ohh....good timeline work, you!

jmo

Re: Fetlife profile, someone did mention they found it but did not link it (I believe they weren’t sure of the TOS). Someone also found what they believe to be his profile on bondage.com. There were no links provided yet so this is strictly MHO.
The post link and text follows (perhaps if it isn’t against the TOS it could possibly added to the list, if confirmed of course):

Found Deceased - UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*
ClaireNC said:
I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but he also had a profile on fetlife. I saw an image of it on social media. I don’t have a link, ‘cause I’m not going to go there...
I was snooping on bondage.com and I believe I found his profile there. I joined under a totally false persona and I did not want my footprints around that site, I got out of there very quickly!!! But, yeah...as I originally thought, bdsm is his kink or one of them

In regards to this, question as I am still new, things like the Venmo account that someone found, I find myself assuming that LE already has this info, but perhaps I shouldn’t assume that?
I know most members are much more experienced than myself, any advice as to when/if someone should indeed send something they sleuthed LEs way?

Also, in the past 24, on the Help Find Kenzie FB page (one linked on the first page), they did repost the tip line asking people to still call in.
TIA for any advice.
I'm sure with the FBI working on the case they have the best technology to uncover any and all activities on line. It's really amazing what they can do.

Usually the tips they need are regarding the people involved and what they may know or what they may have seen, or witnesses who may have information relevant to the case.

Usually they do not require investigative tips, however. Imo

Could be for the notoriety? Didn’t someone mention that in Utah they don’t have public defenders, that private defense attorneys are on a rotation with the public defenders office?

JMO

I don’t think that she got him as her share of the rotation, though. He hired her a couple of days before he was arrested—so a public defender wouldn’t come into play then. (Just my guess.)

I'm sure with the FBI working on the case they have the best technology to uncover any and all activities on line. It's really amazing what they can do.

Usually the tips they need are regarding the people involved and what they may know or what they may have seen, or witnesses who may have information relevant to the case.

Usually they do not require investigative tips, however. Imo
Thanks! I thought this may be the case but figured it was best to ask you experts :)

You get a 'green card' when you are given permanent resident status. Once 5 years have elapsedyou can apply for citizenship if you wish.Then you hand in your green card ( they are actually blue) in exchange for your citizenship papers.
It might be optional if, after 5 years with a green card, to apply for citizenship. Some countries have rules that you can't also be a citizen of another country, so if a person is in that category, he/she may never apply for the citizenship, and just renew GC every 5 years. Assuming they haven't committed murder, that is.

Last edited:

Yellow Flowers
Is it unusual to pay an attorney via Venmo? I would think an attorney would want a check or credit card to keep billing and taxes accurate. That’s how I’ve always paid mine (but mine were never criminal cases).

does a persons name stay 100 percent the same from birth threw immigration or can a name be changed or have part left out, etc?
Well, I've heard that even passports can be reliably forged, so maybe if someone wanted to immigrate to the USA, and wanted to erase their past for example, maybe it would be possible. But you'd think to get a green card in the USA, or a work VISA, the authorities would be checking on your past. If you apply with a changed name, there might be no past to investigate and that itself would be suspicious.

Other than to satisfy the curiosity of those who feel they have a right to know every little tidbit that LE know, there is no reason to divulge any information about the girl in the Airbnb photo or any info about the ex-wife. Neither have anything to do with KL's murder, and therefore, are not sleuthable. We have plenty of things that legitimately can be sleuthed without going there. JMO

I just was stating I am confident I know who she is. I would NEVER post that obviously. Just want to clarify that.

And yes, there is far more better use of sleuthing. Totally agree and on that note I’m off to do some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla