Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought about this a lot. This was definitely one of the stupid things he did and made it sloppy. He had a car I don't know why he didn't drive out somewhere to leave her where the chances of her being found were less. He had time to do that before she was even reported missing and he had to have known the chances of LE arriving on his doorsteps based off the digital footprint they had together. I am thankful he was so messy and sloppy because now her friends and family will have closure but just so dumb to try to dispose of her the way he did in a neighborhood like that.

MOO

I think he has a "thing" for fire. He wrote a book about it. It seems to be a theme for him.

I actually think the reason for it may have been twofold. The first, to very simply get rid of evidence, i.e., suitcase, personal stuff and a body. Secondly, I think he enjoyed it. And to be blunt, I think his enjoyment of what he was doing overrode common sense.

maybe I am way off but I assumed the fire pit was a dug hole that was used for burning then covered with dirt when done.

From what they said about spotting a “fresh dig,” I’m leaning towards a fire pit, and an adjacent hole.

I think he buried her, and then dig a hole to put her in.

The fire pit could have been a new creation though, one he made just for this particular task.

Why would he resort to burning? He could research a good lawyer and was quick in to action after abduction (with in 24 hours) but why resort to burning unless it gives him some kind of pleasure.
I was referring to posts that said a whole body wouldn't burn, or he couldn't just throw a whole body on a fire because of the neighbors. jmo

Classmates and strangers mourn MacKenzie Lueck's murder

D-QqAO6VUAAvlcb.jpg
D-QqAO5UcAESmaN.jpg

The memorials grew Saturday as the afternoon passed.

In small groups, they came - many of them total strangers to MacKenzie Lueck - to pay their respects at the place police say she killed.

[...]

"[To] make peace and say goodbye to her," she said. "Maybe say that we're sorry that that happened to her."

Another memorial was started near the President's Circle at the U, where what few students who remain on campus during the summer have stopped to reflect.

"I think it's really important for us to like all recognize that we've lost a student at the University of Utah," said freshman JN.

[...]

"Especially with a student, they're working hard trying to achieve their goals and it's tough to see someone go early like this," he said. "My condolences go out to people close to her, her loved ones, friends."

Why would he resort to burning? He could research a good lawyer and was quick in to action after abduction (with in 24 hours) but why resort to burning unless it gives him some kind of pleasure.
I was referring to posts that said a whole body wouldn't burn, or he couldn't just throw a whole body on a fire because of the neighbors. jmo

What I couldn't believe is why the neighbors couldn't be bit nosey. Once they smelled something unpleasant, they should have watched his yard and recorded on their phones.

After AA's arrest, it was reported by one of the newscasters reporting from the scene that a neighbor did contact LE while AA was burning in his yard.

He lives in a small home where the homes appear fairly close together. This whole situation is horrific to even think about.... but I think the fire would have to be huge to be able to conceal a full, adult body.

Would he put a body directly into the fire? If, for instance, he put her into the suitcase, wouldn’t the luggage burn first, revealing her body? How could he feel certain that the neighbors would not see what was in the fire?

All speculation.
Look how close the fence line is to the burn spot (right behind garage).531390E4-505F-4746-BCD0-06F85FDDD77E.jpeg

Edited to correct wording

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

A few posters have mentioned their dismay at the perp being represented by a lawyer.
Keep in mind everyone is entitled to a defense in the U.S. and then there's this;

"A criminal defendant's right to an attorney is found in the Sixth Amendment to the U.S.Constitution, which requires the "assistance of counsel" for the accused "in all criminal prosecutions." This means that a defendant has a constitutional right to be represented by an attorney during trial.
View attachment 191511
FindLaw › criminal › criminal-rights
The Right to Counsel - FindLaw"

Also, if a lawyer ever called the cops and reported what a client said about his/her guilt or innocence that lawyer would be disbarred.

I would like any of our verified attorneys to jump into this unlikely scenario and explain what would happen; Let's say a guy calls a lawyer and when the lawyer says hello the guy blurts out his name and phone number and says " I KILLED (insert victim here) I DID IT I KILLED 'EM."
Since the lawyer had not been technically retained is the lawyer obligated to call the police?
IMO no. First said lawyer would probably think it was a crank call and ignore it
Second said lawyer would be retained by the crazy caller and even though this was said before lawyer was retained I am assuming it would still be protected under attorney/client privilege.

I know a couple of these questions might seem a bit silly but these are the questions people have posted about.

Again, to our verified lawyers please jump in.
Way behind here. Has gitana jumped in? If not, I will.

Just don’t want to duplicate efforts. Trying to catch up but I’m 16 pages behind

Even if he were to be found not guilty, the USA could deport him on a lot of other things. But not if he is really a citizen.

If you are naturalized, it can be revoked and you can be deported. You can lose citizenship if for instance it is discovered you lied during the process, which I'm guessing this guy did lie if the INS thoroughly investigated his file.

maybe I am way off but I assumed the fire pit was a dug hole that was used for burning then covered with dirt when done.

I think that is correct and he did two small fires over two nights because he was less likely to attract the attention of neighbors. At least one of AA's neighbors really liked him and is shocked at this case but another has said AA never thought the rules applied to him when it came to things like putting concrete in his recycle bins. SLC does have an ordinance.

Recreational Fires and BBQ’s

Caution... gory question...

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Of course we know he liked everything under the sun from his meetup profile. Wonder if any threesome history existed. I guess if the upset friend had experienced that with him he ikely would have known name and location.

Now the question/thought. I stumbled on a Nigerian based chat site the other day. Several commented that they hoped he didn’t remove her skull. I see this can be a ritualistic practice there. I don’t want to delve deeper. Was this mentioned in his book at all? This link is about ritualistic murder in Nigeria. Refworld | Nigeria: Prevalence of ritual murder and human sacrifice; police and state response (2009-2012)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what the heck was I thinking of then I wonder? Did he state these items as being separately found in the PC? I swear I read somewhere which made me wonder about this. You are certainly correct though, it does say “charred” on that. There was something I read that gave me pause. Hmmm.
IMO you read the same Fox article I read. At first it said some of her personal items were found in the yard in pits but the tissue was found in the home. Later when it was updated the "tissue in the home" part was gone.

I remember watching the long extensive family man Chris Watts followup interview after he was sentenced to life in prison for killing his beautiful loving wife and two beautiful little girls.

The detectives went to the prison he was housed to ask questions they and public still had and wanted answers. One of the questions was if his attornies advised him to take the plea deal. He said no it was his decision and attornies never even asked him if he murdered them. He said even if he admitted it in the beginning the attornies would come up with any theory just to get him off. Actually, I had heard this before about defense attornies so he just confirmed it. I just don't know how they can sleep at night knowing they purposely get murderers off by false stories to create reasonable doubt to jury. This reminds me of Jose Baez in the Casey Anthony trial he created some bogus theory to get her aquitted. He knew she murdered little Caylee.

I agree I'm not dismayed he has an attorney its just she looks so similar to KL its just weird thats all and that he's probably going to enjoy fantasizing about her.
Defense attorneys opening statements are not evidence that a jury can use to decide a case. Poor jurors will sometimes use these "stories" as fact which can lead to the guilty escaping justice. JMO

The lawyers each make an opening statement outlining what they intend to prove. Jurors should understand that these opening statements are not evidence. Afterward, the plaintiff is usually the first to present evidence to support his or her position, and the defendant follows with his or her evidence.
Opening Statements & Presentation of Evidence | Athens-Clarke County, GA - Official Website

It's amazing how many of us thought he could not have burned a body right under his neighbor's noses because of the horrible stench and yet that is exactly what he did.
I still can't get over the neighbor complaining about the smell to him and his cool response, "I'm almost done."
I don't think this guy is capable of feeling any emotion, except maybe anger. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member