Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised about the updated charges for the egg donor.
She is no "mom" and never will be; imho.

The saddest and most chilling part of this for me -- besides the fact that LE feels he is deceased--- were the indignant posters on the egg donor's FB telling her they'd buy her drugs for her, if she'd 'fess up as to where she put him. :( :mad: :mad: :mad: And that was a few days after he was 'reported missing' by his ED.
They (ex-friends and concerned people) knew.

So sorry, little sweetie.
I know people who would have taken him in a heartbeat and provided a safe, loving home.
I certainly would have taken him in and given him a chance at life. I'm 35 years old and always wanted to be a Mom. I've never been blessed to be able to have children. Yet ppl like this can have them over and over and over again. I just can't understand this..

No, sorry I don’t know how to clip from article if someone can do that, but under charges of neglect it states that documents were released Saturday that showed the allege neglect occurred 2 days before Noah was reported missing.

Mother of missing toddler charged with neglect; police seen at site of city-operated incinerator

my apologies! i missed that!

so LE found or found out something happened 2 days beforehand.

i’m curious what the rule is for deciding whether trash brought to the landfill goes into the landfill or is brought to the incinerator?

Like the rest of us who've been here in WS a while -- because you've seen it before. :( SMH. And we all know that we'll see it again and again and again and...

It doesn't hurt any less each time, though, does it?
I think it hurts more.
This poor little guy needed a break, and he never got it. "Almost" isn't good enuff.
It’s like picking a scab off every time!

bbm
And it allows much more time for decay of the body as whatever other evidence as well.
Maybe bones or teeth could be found -- talk about a needle in a haystack. <shiver>
Any mention of cadaver K-9 unit investigation at the landfill?
Poor LE if they are now behind 2 more days WRT evidence. I'll bet none of them are sleeping or eating much these days. They know more than what we know about how this sweet boy was treated, and they have heard more details about the situation of his at-home situation. Talk about toughness and tears at the same time...
Bless the LE investigators, forensic personnel and the whole group looking for little Noah. May they find evidence and some peace soon.
I wonder how his mom is coping at the jailhouse. If she is indeed the one responsible, I hope sleep and peace elude her for the rest of her days.
Unfortunately the perps in these cases are pretty much judgment proof - i.e. they have no money - because I really wish all those involved in phony child abductions would have to pay for therapy for LE, searchers and other officials who suffered through investigating the disappearance. Not to mention resources used for helicopters, boats and divers. All these people will live with the nightmares that apparently don't bother the actual murderers.

And let's stop giving kids back to toxic homes without thoroughly vetting that the home environment has improved. It seems like more and more child murderers are learning from past experience. What I mean is they learn that CPS will take their kids away if they seek medical help and sometimes they even serve time in jail like Noah's mom did in 2010. So the next time around they disappear the child and hope that they'll get away with a "no body" case. Or cause enough doubt to kibosh a murder charge and instead get a lesser conviction. IOW, life with a possibility of parole vs. LWOP.

I'd also like to see a legal option for sterilization although I doubt that will ever happen since apparently having babies is some sort of automatic right no matter what the circumstances. Heck, in non fatal cases I'd even vote for temporary sterilization in the form of a reversable procedure in exchange for a few years less in jail.

OK, what could give LE the impression that something happened two days prior? Examples --
1) Neighbors hadn't seen Noah since at least then
2) Neighbors saw/heard commotion or unusual traffic
3) Flurry of phone calls
.....and, go!
Honestly I wonder if he hadn't ingested something he shouldn't have two days prior and maybe they took him to the hospital then... And the hospital was able to pump his stomach.. but I suppose if this was the case he would never have returned home.. seems like they would have stepped in at this point.. but idk.. I wish I did. Something happened at that time. And then obviously something else happened after that which lead to his demise. That's what it seems to me anyway. Just my opinion.

OK, what could give LE the impression that something happened two days prior? Examples --
3) Flurry of phone calls
.....and, go!
The charges are for neglect and not abuse or murder at this point so i’m Thinking along the lines of
“Mommy left us home alone”

Unfortunately the perps in these cases are pretty much judgment proof - i.e. they have no money - because I really wish all those involved in phony child abductions would have to pay for therapy for LE, searchers and other officials who suffered through investigating the disappearance. Not to mention resources used for helicopters, boats and divers. All these people will live with the nightmares that apparently don't bother the actual murderers.

And let's stop giving kids back to toxic homes without thoroughly vetting that the home environment has improved. It seems like more and more child murderers are learning from past experience. What I mean is they learn that CPS will take their kids away if they seek medical help and sometimes they even serve time in jail like Noah's mom did in 2010. So the next time around they disappear the child and hope that they'll get away with a "no body" case. Or cause enough doubt to kibosh a murder charge and instead get a lesser conviction. IOW, life with a possibility of parole vs. LWOP.

I'd also like to see a legal option for sterilization although I doubt that will ever happen since apparently having babies is some sort of automatic right no matter what the circumstances. Heck, in non fatal cases I'd even vote for temporary sterilization in the form of a reversable procedure in exchange for a few years less in jail.

VA sterilized 100s of women in mental facilities from 50s to 70s. The State has since settled claims for violation of human rights.

I wish we could pass laws to require birth control after a certain number of children on public assistance, however it is illegal in all states.

3) Flurry of phone calls
.....and, go!

I agree. Maybe someone interviewed could have remembered something, or they came forward with info.

For some reason you made me think of this. Wasn't there a man taken to the police station along with JT and questioned when Noah was first reported missing? If he did live there, wouldn't he know what happened whenever it did happen? Is he involved with Noah's disappearance if he was there that night. But he was not charged, so I may be wrong.

Maybe LE received some answers from the items that were removed and tested from inside the house. Crime scene investigators, dressed in white suits were seen carrying bags from the house. The first few days of the investigation.

I've searched and searched to see if anything has been released as to what exactly the felony child neglect charges we're about to no avail. Myself, I wonder if something she said has led them to the incinerator or if it's just because the trash is delivered there?
Although, leaving a two year old for ten hours alone without checking on him or changing his diaper or feeding him or giving him milk or other fluids is pretty neglectful on it's own, and this is by her own admission. Sad

The charges are for neglect and not abuse or murder at this point so i’m Thinking along the lines of
Also, keep in mind that Virginia requires an indictment by the Grand Jury for felonies. Since there is no statute of limitations on murder there's no reason to file more severe charges until there's ample evidence to support them. Noah's mom isn't going anywhere for now. I'd prefer to see LE build a solid case and present strong Probable Cause.

I've searched and searched to see if anything has been released as to what exactly the felony child neglect charges we're about to no avail. Myself, I wonder if something she said has led them to the incinerator or if it's just because the trash is delivered there?
I think because it is different there., maybe trash pickup before alarm went out?Until she is in serious withdrawal they won’t get anything out of her. And maybe not even then. She could have blacked out.

Last edited:
Perhaps one of the other children in the home spoke up?

Guilty people will often admit to lesser offenses. Perhaps in attempting to hide guilt in Noah's "disappearance" she either purposely or mistakenly admitted to some other actions two days prior.

Maybe texts or info from her phone had evidence of what really happened or her being up illegal activities that day.

Just throwing out ideas to explain the two days prior.

Perhaps one of the other children in the home spoke up?

Guilty people will often admit to lesser offenses. Perhaps in attempting to hide guilt in Noah's "disappearance" she either purposely or mistakenly admitted to some other actions two days prior.

Maybe texts or info from her phone had evidence of what really happened or her being up illegal activities that day.

Just throwing out ideas to explain the two days prior.
My experience is a child will protect their abuser till their last breath. They are coached by the so called adults in the home. Once in foster care they go crazy after “supervised “ visits.What a cluster!

In VA it's the same...I looked up her previous charge for neglect to verify the State code. Her current charges are not showing up on website. Usually charges show up next day, even on weekend.

2006 Code of Virginia § 18.2-371.1 - Abuse and neglect of children; penalty; abandoned infant

Here's the first part....

18.2-371.1. Abuse and neglect of children; penalty; abandoned infant.

A. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a childunder the age of 18 who by willful act or omission or refusal to provide anynecessary care for the child's health causes or permits serious injury to thelife or health of such child shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony. Forpurposes of this subsection, "serious injury" shall include but not belimited to (i) disfigurement, (ii) a fracture, (iii) a severe burn orlaceration, (iv) mutilation, (v) maiming, (vi) forced ingestion of dangeroussubstances, or (vii) life-threatening internal injuries.

We have been trying to adopt a dog for awhile (we have a good home with kids and pets already) and you would not believe the hoops you have to go through to make that happen. To make sure the homeless puppy or dog is actually going to a good, loving and safe home. Not to mention how much you have to pay so they know you are serious about it! Hundreds of dollars. I often think of these cases and how ironic it is that some of these babies/kids seem to just breeze back into the home after removal with little follow-up or stringent guidelines/requirements. It doesn’t happen everywhere or all the time. But it happens enough. Seems that those in charge of these cases need to take a page from dog adoption agencies! It sounds nuts but honestly, this child (and his siblings) deserved so much more. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998