Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been all over msm

Online court and property records show Ajayi, who was divorced this year, had no criminal record.

Man charged with murder, kidnapping in disappearance of missing Utah student Mackenzie Lueck
It may be a case of poor sentence structure.
It could mean “Online court and property records show Ajayi had no criminal record.”- not that online records “show Ajayi was divorced this year”. I recall someone posting that divorce records are private in Utah? So maybe no access to this info.

If she married him for immigration reasons, she may have been paid to do so. Which, of course, is illegal.

JMO

IMO, she won’t admit it because it’s a crime

Penalties
An individual will be charged with marriage fraud if they entered into a marriage for the purpose of evading U.S. immigration law. This felony offense carries a prison sentence of up to five years and a fine of up to $250,000, and applies to both foreign nationals and U.S. citizens who perpetrate this crime.

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2016/marriageFraudBrochure.pdf

It could mean “Online court and property records show Ajayi had no criminal record.”- not that online records “show Ajayi was divorced this year”. I recall someone posting that divorce records are private in Utah? So maybe no access to this info.

Found this....

ETA: I think the divorce was in Dallas not Utah

Ajayi and his ex-wife married in 2011 in Texas, and they separated in 2017; their divorce was finalized in January, according to court records.

Police arrest Ayoola Ajayi and seek aggravated murder charges in the death of MacKenzie Lueck

Looks like conflicting information,

We'll find out the truth eventually. JMO

iirc, she referred to the child as her youngest son. The other three must be older and I believe her when she says they never consummated their marriage.

JMO
I do too, since they seemed to marry for convenience. She must have had children while she was married to him. Imo

IMO, she won’t admit it because it’s a crime

Penalties
An individual will be charged with marriage fraud if they entered into a marriage for the purpose of evading U.S. immigration law. This felony offense carries a prison sentence of up to five years and a fine of up to $250,000, and applies to both foreign nationals and U.S. citizens who perpetrate this crime.

https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2016/marriageFraudBrochure.pdf

ITA. She'll never admit it but I do wonder if AA was involved in some kind of immigration marriage fraud ring similar to this one:

Worcester Man Sentenced for Marriage Fraud

I wondered when she was going to emerge.
She says they are still legally married.
She says when her godmother set her up with him she asked her if he was crazy and if he was a killer?

Seems like a strange thing to ask before a first date. Imo

I agree. That might be something you would ask if your godmother asked you to marry a complete strange just so he could stay in the US legally though... Also very strange she says they never once had sex because she was afraid of him and pregnant with another man's child. Sounds like a sham marriage to me. Will be interesting to see if she testifies against him. She might not want to if it might incriminate her. MOO.

Could be. But the angle I'm considering is his childhood in Nigeria. It was a violent time, I think (I'm not an expert in Nigerian history at all....just some googling done recently). I'm thinking during his impressionable years he witnessed some horrible things and he is, perhaps, a human without a soul. He can be charming, but only to suit his needs, and his needs might be horribly violent.

Total amateur, armchair speculation.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change

Defense will unfortunately use identical rationale in trying to mitigate his sentence.

Last edited:
He may have had the same lawyer. It appears that she is fairly well known for being very confrontational to survivors (I don't ever call people who were raped victims as I want to honor the fact that they did what they had to do to survive.) and using that tactic to get charges dropped or lessened. One of the hardest thing for a survivor to do is the preparation with prosecutors because they must deal with the possible confrontation that will occur in court. These preps are often done multiple times. However, they don't compare with the terrorizing feeling that a survivor has when they are on the stand, in open court, being badgered and re-assaulted by a defense attorney.

I am all for every defendant getting a fair trial with a vigorous defense. But, I have witnessed survivors be brutalized again and again in court. It takes more courage than most can imagine to take a case forward. It is even more challenging internally if a survivor knew the perpetrator or had an intimate relationship with him/her.
A defendant has the right to confront their accuser via their lawyer.

The Sixth Amendment provides that a person accused of a crime has the right to confront a witness against him or her in a criminal action. This includes the right to be present at the trial (which is guaranteed by the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure Rule 43). As well as the right to cross-examine the prosecution's witnesses.

Right to confront witness

I agree. That might be something you would ask if your godmother asked you to marry a complete strange just so he could stay in the US legally though... Also very strange she says they never once had sex because she was afraid of him and pregnant with another man's child. Sounds like a sham marriage to me. Will be interesting to see if she testifies against him. She might not want to if it might incriminate her. MOO.
She said she is willing to testify.

Wife of Utah murder suspect says he once slashed her hand with a butcher's knife | Daily Mail Online
'If they need me to come to court and testify against him, I'll tell them how he was aggressive and controlling. This could have happened to me. This could have happened to my child.'

If she married him for immigration reasons, she may have been paid to do so. Which, of course, is illegal.

JMO
Yeah, she might just be saying they married for love so that she doesn't get in trouble for the fraudulent marriage, too. Protecting her own interests. DM has been known to pay for interviews so it's possible she just told the most sensational/printable parts of her story (or that's what they chose to print)

Yes, I deleted my post, it was actually her first child and then she had three more. So she apparently wasn't actually physically living with him for very long at all, it seems. Imo
I don't know if this helps or not, but it sounds to me like she had at least two children when they met and was pregnant with another.

Wife of Utah murder suspect says he once slashed her hand with a butcher's knife | Daily Mail Online
'For our first date we went to her house. He was cool, he was a loving person, not crazy.

'My kids liked him. He used to buy them clothes, do stuff for them. He paid for my apartment, my childcare, everything.

Defense will unfortunately use identical rationale in trying to mitigate his sentence unless he pleads out.
I'm sure defense will try that....but perhaps the jury will see it as all the more reason to keep him locked up forever. There is no cure for a human with no soul, even if we feel compassion for a child who witnessed/experienced horrors, imo. He grew up to commit horrors of his own and he does not belong outside prison walls. I think a jury will see that.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member