Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way for the defense to provide evidence to the jury that this was a consensual encounter that led to an accidental death without having AA testify?

I'm not sure how. I have a feeling the State will love having a chance to cross examine him. JMO
Text messages between the two of them might tell a story that defense can manipulate into a consensual encounter turning into an accidental death. We haven't seen the messages yet, so of course, who knows what they say.

But if he lied to ML in those messages (which I think he did, fwiw), the defense might try to convince the jury that the msgs convey his actual intent and she consented to whatever that was.

Again, I don't know what correspondence AA and ML had prior to 3am and I for sure do NOT think ML agreed to anything that happened from 3am onward.

jmopinion

Yes, I wonder if it is this friend she’s referring to. S***** M****.

“He's definitely a guy that likes to maintain an appearance,” said Sakari Moore, who said he first met Ajayi when they were in basic training together with the U.S. Army in Fort Jackson, S.C. In January 2018, Moore relocated to Utah and temporarily moved into downstairs rooms that Ajayi has advertised for rent on Airbnb.

BBM.

Wait, I'm confused. I thought AA was in the Utah National Guard and never did basic training?

Source:
Ajayi was discharged from the Utah Army National Guard in June 2015 after six months of service, according to Utah National Guard Public Affairs Officer D.J. Gibb.

Ajayi was a member of the 214th Forward Support Company in Tooele, according to Gibb. He did not go through basic training and did not receive any certificates or awards, Gibb said. Therefore, Ajayi was not eligible to deploy with the Army National Guard, he said.

Ajayi did not meet “medical procurement standards” and was discharged as a result, Gibb said.

What we know about Ayoola Ajayi, the man arrested in connection with Mackenzie Lueck's homicide

So did he try again with the US Army in Jan 2018 in SC too? Seems like he wouldn't be accepted by the Army if he was discharged from the National Guard in 2015. MOO. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM.

Wait, I'm confused. I thought AA was in the Utah National Guard and never did basic training?

Source:
Ajayi was discharged from the Utah Army National Guard in June 2015 after six months of service, according to Utah National Guard Public Affairs Officer D.J. Gibb.

Ajayi was a member of the 214th Forward Support Company in Tooele, according to Gibb. He did not go through basic training and did not receive any certificates or awards, Gibb said. Therefore, Ajayi was not eligible to deploy with the Army National Guard, he said.

Ajayi did not meet “medical procurement standards” and was discharged as a result, Gibb said.

What we know about Ayoola Ajayi, the man arrested in connection with Mackenzie Lueck's homicide

So did he try again with the US Army in Jan 2018 in SC too? Seems like he wouldn't be accepted by the Army if he was discharged from the National Guard in 2015. MOO. :confused:

Or somebody is fibbing?

ETA:: I missed the period ...

Well, nothing in that article is surprising. If it's all true I am curious about this part,

"I kept telling him I don’t want to be with you, I want a divorce. He wouldn’t sign the papers. His friend from the Army kept calling me, saying they were going to kidnap me."

Wife of Utah murder suspect says he once slashed her hand with a butcher's knife | Daily Mail Online
We knew she had a story, too. And it's a strange and frightening one. She dodged a bullet, metaphorically speaking; actually, a knife. She's lucky to be alive.

BBM.

Source:

There is a period right before, in 2018. Doesn’t say when they served together. Yet, does say basic.

I think she knows this, and she’s walking the line.

The problem with this sort of thing is that it is difficult to prove.

A lot of service members for instance, get involved in sham marriages in order to to obtain more pay and benefits.

The problem with building a case against them, is that you can’t prove if it was done for love or not.

Immigration fraud is probably a bit easier to prove, but it’s still no cakewalk.

Left field theory;

Maybe it wasn't immigration. Maybe it was something else. T seemed to allude to a reason for AA's mother not being asked to attend the wedding, is that she couldn't speak English. It leads me to think that she lives close. T and her mother were not getting along at the time of the wedding. I think there's some truth in both reasons. I don't think she really knows AA at all though. You can't say in one sentence that "I was in love with this person, I thought he was a good man." right after you've said, "I knew he was dangerous but not this dangerous." She was afraid enough of him, from the git go, that they never consummated their marriage. Granted, she could be in shock.

Could he have just wanted a normal looking family, and was willing to pay for it? SB/SD style?

For our first date we went to her house. He was cool, he was a loving person, not crazy.

'My kids liked him. He used to buy them clothes, do stuff for them. He paid for my apartment, my childcare, everything.
‘The wedding was in downtown Dallas. Nobody came but we didn’t invite nobody. Me and mom were into it at the time. He didn't invite any of his family either. His mama don’t speak English.'

Wife of Utah murder suspect says he once slashed her hand with a butcher's knife | Daily Mail Online

I think you may be right. She said the marriage was already crumbling when the baby was born. AJ told her he was going to UT and she refused to go with him. MOO
What makes no sense to me is if it was a fraudulent marriage why would AA want her and her children moving to Utah? She said he gave her money for "my" apartment, not money for "our" apartment and I doubt they ever lived together. It sounds more as though she used the money he paid her for her rent and clothes for the kids.

I do hope LE is interrogating her for more information. She may lead them to other victims or the friend of AA she claims threatened her.

JMO

Left field theory;

Maybe it wasn't immigration. Maybe it was something else. T seemed to allude to a reason for AA's mother not being asked to attend the wedding, is that she couldn't speak English. It leads me to think that she lives close. T and her mother were not getting along at the time of the wedding. I think there's some truth in both reasons. I don't think she really knows AA at all though. You can't say in one sentence that "I was in love with this person, I thought he was a good man." right after you've said, "I knew he was dangerous but not this dangerous." She was afraid enough of him, from the git go, that they never consummated their marriage. Granted, she could be in shock.

Could he have just wanted a normal looking family, and was willing to pay for it? SB/SD style?

Next interview needs to be mom! Yes, I would gather they either lived close or had the means and ability to come but weren’t invited. Very very interesting. I wonder how many and who he is related to with that last name. There are some big names with that last name.

I think you may be right. She said the marriage was already crumbling when the baby was born. AJ told her he was going to UT and she refused to go with him. MOO
Interesting how we are all discussing her kids and their marriage of convenience while not mentioning the fact that he chased her through a window and cut her with a butchers knife and threatened to kill her. Her account clearly shows that he is aggressive, controlling, and volatile, not to mention dangerous. The warning flags were all there.
I wonder if more women will come forward. Imo

There is a period right before, in 2018. Doesn’t say when they served together. Yet, does say basic.

So there is. I took that as the period in the abbreviation for South Carolina (and a run on sentence). Still. It can't be both true that he did basic training in the US Army and no basic training in the Utah National Guard? Can it? o_O:confused:

Interesting how we are all discussing her kids and their marriage of convenience while not mentioning the fact that he chased her and cut her with a butchers knife and threatened to kill her. Her account clearly shows that he is aggressive, controlling, and volatile, not to mention dangerous. The warning flags were all there.

I am wondering if there are more women who may not be able to come forward. The pics I've seen that he was using on social media, were not current. I did not get to see that many before they got pulled down so I may be wrong, but I think he was catfishing.

So there is. I took that as the period in the abbreviation for South Carolina (and a run on sentence). Still. It can't be both true that he did basic training in the US Army and no basic training in the Utah National Guard? Can it? o_O:confused:

Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe someone with military background can chime in.

Found this:
“The Utah Army National Guard is a component of the United States Army and the United States National Guard. “
Utah Army National Guard - Wikipedia

Left field theory;

I think it more likely neither told their mothers because it was a fraudulent marriage, iow, a crime.

Maybe if he did one he wasn't required to do the other?
But I thought he never actually completed basic training?

Interesting how we are all discussing her kids and their marriage of convenience while not mentioning the fact that he chased her through a window and cut her with a butchers knife and threatened to kill her. Her account clearly shows that he is aggressive, controlling, and volatile, not to mention dangerous. The warning flags were all there.
I doubt she would have been paid for the story without it including aggressive, volatile details. Did she call police after she crashed through the window or he cut her with the knife? If she was afraid of him, why not try for an emergency protection order? That interview leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

JMO

I'm also wondering if the Army buddies he threatened her with were non-existent. I don't know that she was around him enough to know his military service was so limited.

Utah has no insanity defense at all.

Utah has two murder categories: murder and aggravated murder.
Murder is punishable by life in prison, aggravated murder by death penalty.
AA most definitely falls into aggravated murder for several stipulated reasons, but my guess on SG defense will be a complete lie, that everything was consensual, there was an accidental death, cover up ill advised. Poor him etc.

Utah Murder Laws - FindLaw.com

I was referring solely to sentencing never broached insanity defense; so unclear how that got thrown in. Needless to say there’s a major distinction.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe someone with military background can chime in.

Found this:
“The Utah Army National Guard is a component of the United States Army and the United States National Guard. “
Utah Army National Guard - Wikipedia

I served in the Marines so I don’t have personal knowledge of how the Army and National Guard work, but I think I figured this whole thing out.

This guy enlisted in the National Guard, and as such, would have attended the same boot camp as the Army.

So he was still in the National Guard, but would have fallen under the Army for basic training.

As such, both the Army and National Guard would have records on him.

It sounds like he completed the boot camp portion, but didn’t finish his secondary schooling (you attend boot camp, but then get job training later for whatever your specialty is).

All National Guard members must complete 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, the same boot camp attended by full-time Army Soldiers.

Army National Guard — Today's Military

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members