Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this article. I didn't see that one coming either! o_O Some snippets:

Nearly ten years before Ayoola Ajayi was accused of killing a University of Utah student, LD says he was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

[...]

LD baptized Ajayi in October 2009. He has extensive reflections about Ajayi’s conversion story in a well-worn journal, but now hindsight is anything but 20/20.

6aaf73b4-3eaf-48ae-80f7-12f1e168479a-medium16x9_aj2.JPG

[...]

LD knew Ajayi simply as “Joy” during their time together in northern Utah.

“It’s harder to say his name so he wanted to pick an easy American name, so Joy,” he said.

The two men were friends during Ajayi’s early days in the LDS community, but LD returned to his native Oklahoma at the end of his two-year mission and eventually the two lost touch. They lost communication in 2012.

[...]

He’s incredibly saddened by Lueck’s death and the possibility his friend could be responsible. He struggled for words for Lueck’s family.

“I would say to them I’m sorry for having so many good things to say about Joy because that’s the person that I knew,” he said. “I really would like to figure out like what fork in the road, what decision he made that pretty much took him like 180 [degrees].”
Oh. Oh my. This is not surprising at all to me given the baptize as fast as possible pressure put on LDS missionaries.

I think the kidnapping threat was in order to make her go to Utah with him when she had refused to do so. Possibly in order to keep up the ruse of a legit marriage so as not to mess with his immigration status, just a thought, there could be other reasons
Why would his friend care so much about that? It did not sound like he had any close friends at all.
It's very odd.

There are a zillion scholarships specifically earmarked for foreign students. Or could have been sponsored by the LDS members he duped with his rapid “conversion”.
True! Nigerians have a difficult time receiving F-1 visas. I have had numerous applicants from this area defer acceptance after being rejected. Some are rejected multiple times and reapply. Basically, they want proof that they have ties to their country and will return after receiving their degree.

i look at any meetup profile as a "billboard". he was clearly advertising a certain persona to the reader. there clearly are like minded people he was targeting with those "ads". it was said that many women were arriving and leaving his residence. this could be related to airbnb. but he was very overt about selling himself in a certain way. and apparently there were "buyers" out there.

Yes!

Ayoola A. - Utah Outdoors (Salt Lake City, UT) | Meetup

I believe people have said you can't see the interests listed if you're on a phone. Need to use desktop version. In addition to the relatively normal hobbies of Harry Potter and the Dutch language, he lists a never-ending variety of sexual interests and a ton of stuff about *advertiser censored* addiction and sex addiction. It's so over-the-top it would be funny if someone hadn't ended up murdered. :(

Unfortunately, the fight against "she deserved it" appears to be never ending. And, I don't think it is just trolls. People can be brutal to those who are on the margins or choose lifestyles that are not understood. Much of the judgment comes from fear but it can also come from a sense of moral superiority. It is one of the hardest tasks to educate people that "sexually" based crimes are not about sex, but rather these crimes are about power -- the ability to force-- whether or not drugs/alcohol, alternate lifestyles, manipulation are involved.

Good article: Sexual Assault Is About Power
I happened to watch a couple of old movies..Kramer vs Kramer and The Accused. Watch them for proof that it's been going on for a long time. Somehow the "defense" (was a custody hearing, not a trial) in Kramer got sex into the picture when it had nothing to do with it. Her sexual history, not his of course.

As an international student, he did not qualify for financial aid, how was he paying for college and living expenses? Wonder if someone in the church sponsored him. Or, does he have access to family money?

Maybe he had a scholarship/grant sponsored by Nigerian government or something similar.
The Opportunity Funds Program in Nigeria | NAFSA

Edited to remove possibly confusing info on AA’s military service

Last edited:
I hope this is because the feds are taking over and not because LE arrested AA too quickly before getting all their ducks in a row. Don't they have a limited number of days to either charge him or release him? How long can he be held without charges and without bond? I hope he doesn't get released. He's a flight risk IMHO.
Interesting. It makes me wonder if they've tied him to crimes in other states.

I can’t help but think of what AA’s neighbor said about AA being difficult by putting concrete in the recycle.

Why would anyone do that?
Why did have extra concrete?
Could he possibly have hidden things in the concrete that would connect him to more crimes?

How long ago did this happen?

In some of the aerial shots of the backyard of his property, it looks like he recently put in a new paver patio, built-in seating bench and a grill. There might’ve been an old concrete patio there before and when he tore it up he had chunks of concrete left from that?

JMO

Last edited:
So, in July, 2009, he entered on a student visa and a few months later he was baptized into the church of LDS. Hmmm...
I wonder if he had already had any connections with missionaries in Nigeria before he came to the United States.
He seemed to be very good at using the resources around him.
He first came on a student visa, then tried the army, and when all that didn't work out, it was the marriage that finally allowed him to be a citizen.

I guess now his comment about the Mormon girlfriend is not so telling. He could have been talking about anyone, or no-one in particular.
I wonder if he actually dated anyone from the Mormon church. I can see why other women would hesitate to come forward, going by the various dating sites he met them on.
There must be others he came into contact with. I'm hoping they are talking with LE and giving them some helpful information. Imo

My thoughts on the DM article with the wife/ex-wife...

Wife of Utah murder suspect says he once slashed her hand with a butcher's knife | Daily Mail Online

I am not convinced either way about if she married intentionally for his immigration status. It could be that she just married to be taken care of and not known he needed the marriage for a green card.
Also the fact that her aunt set it up makes me wonder if the aunt may have known more.
She refers to “AJ told me he was going back to his hometown in Utah” ... makes me wonder if she even knew how recently he had arrived in the U.S. before their marriage?
I think he lied to her just like he seemed to lie in his work experience, etc. She may have never known much about his real background at all.

Also the threatening army friend mentioned is also concerning. IMO it could be real, but it could have also been AA just trying to bring more fear to her and contacting her from another number claiming to be the friend.

I’d love to know when T thinks AA came to the U.S. or if she may have been lead to believe his parents were immigrants but he was born in the country... I could see him feeding her all types of lies.

All IMOO

In some of the aerial shots of the backyard of his property, it looks like he recently put in a new paver patio, built-in seating bench and a grill. There might’ve been an old concrete patio there before and when he tore it up he had chunks of concrete left from that?

JMO

Could definitely be. But why was he so adamant about putting it with recycling?

LE search trash dumps. I don’t recall them searching thru recycling places.

But if it was a sham marriage, then at that point (just after the child was born and the marriage was already disintegrating), he still needed that marriage to look normal so he could stay.
Wait, is he a father or am I reading your comment incorrectly?
You guys have sure been at work these last few days, I'm completely out of the loop.
Edit: I just read the Daily Mail article, technically was a step father for a while (quite a one from what the ex says) but no biological children. Whew.

But if it was a sham marriage, then at that point (just after the child was born and the marriage was already disintegrating), he still needed that marriage to look normal so he could stay.
Do we know what his connection was to Texas before he met his wife?
I wonder if he advertised on line and found her that way. Looking for a marriage for citizenship in exchange for financial support or something similar. She already had children to support so it may have sounded like a pretty good deal. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd