Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

Sheri Lynn White?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sheri Lynn White – The Charley Project

Admittedly, the hair color is off and time period between going missing and the Racine Doe's discovery is odd, which throws me off, but their faces seem very similar and Sheri was last seen in Alaska which would match the isotope analysis's findings. There's not too much information to go off of but her purse was found under a bridge in Fairbanks, which makes me think foul play somewhere in Alaska would make sense as well. I can't get past the face though.

I am Sheri White's step sister and have just joined this site. I have been wanting to look for her for years, but was unsure where to even start. I hope there is something here that could help me understand. I am not even sure how to use this site and am trying to understand if the posts before and after this one has something to do with her or not. Thanks for any help..

Is it possible this woman is Michaela Garecht?

I am Sheri White's step sister and have just joined this site. I have been wanting to look for her for years, but was unsure where to even start. I hope there is something here that could help me understand. I am not even sure how to use this site and am trying to understand if the posts before and after this one has something to do with her or not. Thanks for any help..
Here is her thread. The posts on this one are about an unidentified Doe but anything that has been found or said about Sheri will be on her thread.

AK - AK - Sheri Lynn White, 25, Fairbanks, 14 Feb 1990

Hi Krazzi64. Good to have you here. Welcome. So sorry for you step sister. In this thread we try to find a matching missing person for Racine Jane Doe. The isotopes of this Jane Doe seem to trace back to the upper north parts of America/Canada...I think that is what make us think she could be Sheri.

Is there anything you can add to the disappearance of Sheri, just a tiny bit of information, maybe even here say, things you heard through the family lines? Or share what you did already/or what you did find out. Maybe better to put it on her own thread AK - AK - Sheri Lynn White, 25, Fairbanks, 14 Feb 1990

There is not much info about Sheri, so anything can spark a new line of thinking. She has particular dentals, she seems to have a gap between her front teeth....does this run in your family? Was it later in life you discovered you had a step sister...remembering can help. There are a lot of people here who can help you starting a search...knowing what to do...get her case in the light...etc.

Thank you....I have been on the thread. Just was hoping for something new.
I guess someone thought she could the the unidentified Doe that this thread here is about. You could read this thread to see if anything about the Doe stands out to you. There’s also a new members thread and an FAQ thread if you’re not sure about how the forum works. The links are below. I’m so sorry your step sister is missing :(

Meet & Greet for New Members

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Hello, Krazzi64, I'm sorry I haven't been on until now. I think Suglo and Bit of hope explained it much better than I could. This thread is mainly about an unidentified woman found in Racine County, Wisconsin in 1999. In these threads, usually people discuss the case itself and potential identities of these unidentified people. I initially suggested Sheri White as a potential match for Racine Doe because I believed she resembled one of the facial reconstructions to a large extent and the basic information (e.g. height, weight, eye color, etc.) matched as well. Personally, I did have some doubt, though, based on the long time frame, but I felt the circumstances could have potentially fit with the case. If you feel comfortable, it could help if you had any other potentially identifying information not mentioned within the available information on the Internet. Of course, if you don't feel comfortable with discussing that, that is perfectly fine; it's hard to imagine what it's like to have someone so close to you disappear in this manner. I wish you all the best.

From the FB Page: The Racine County Sheriff’s Office is working diligently to find out who Jane Doe is. We appreciate and investigate all of your comments and suggestions and work closely with www.NamUs.gov to rule out every one that has been suggested thus far. Although we cannot divulge our investigative steps, please know that we continue to work this case tenaciously and are making every possible effort to identify Jane Doe. Recent pollen testing on Jane Doe’s clothing determined that the pollen samples “originated or spent time in southeastern New England”.

I have always been stuck on how brutally mistreated she was. The killer was absolutely cold and callused. I keep thinking this was not his first victim, or last! Anyone fit his MO?
There was a case, I think in Milwaukee, of a girl found this beaten and starved but no SA. She was tortured and killed eventually by her mother or aunt (can't recall). JDRC was sexually abused so a man is involved - but I wouldn't rule out a couple. I don't think she's from the area at all. I lived in Kenosha for a long time, just south of Raymond. That stretch of I-94 sees so much traffic from all over the midwest - lots of truckers, shipyards (port for Lake MI is just north) and RR interchange - so lots of distribution trucks.
My feeling is due to her intellectual disability, she was off the radar and maybe not even in a school. That's why no missing person reports coming up. She may have been trafficked from the areas of her isotopes. The pollen on the clothes being from New England is interesting - but they could just be thrift clothes?

So the pollen on clothes suggested the new England area......but if they weren't hers, and the killers, maybe he was a truck driver who traveled long distance. Picked her up as a runaway or prostitute.

jane doe has her own fb page I did message some one on this also posted in diffent fb pages for Canada about this as well. and also looked at other missing girls and did compartment with there photos and drawing to jane doe and Joanne is the only one that I see that looks any thing like jane doe .

Have you cross posted on the thread for Joanne? I don't think I have visited, but assume there is one. Perhaps family or friends follow there? I will go look....

Edited: I see that you have. I found a video of news footage after Joanne disappeared and in the second short clip, her biological father is briefly interviewed. He also looks like this thread's subject, IMO. Joanne's upper nose/between her eyes, where it is wide, and the Unidentified seem to share the same.

BC’s missing children: 258 unaccounted for since 1949

Last edited:
yes I been to every place I can think of to talk about this and to show with what I'm seeing also looked at other missing girls and did compare some of them and none of them but Joanne's shows to look any thing like are jane doe . and well about the same time they found jane doe I had meet this girl who was I say was about my age (at that time I was 27) and well the girl I had met out at the Racine co. fair grounds could not have been no more then 5 years younger or older then me. and well I talk to her because she had this tee shirt that was really cool and I had asked her where she got it at she told me she got it at Burlington . and well you know theres a store called Burlington coat factory I said to her thats a nice store where you got that tee at she then go's to me no I got it in Burlington I then wen to her and said oh thats just down the road here and its a nice little town and she go's no I got it in Burlington Canada I was like ok but still its a really nice shirt. the show /carnival she was on had just came from Minot, nd. and well the test thay did run on jane doe said that she may have lived in or been to places or parts of Canada ,Alaska, Montana, well I also looked at photos in all them places as well none of the missing photos of other ppl looked any thing like are jane doe but the 1 photo and drawing of Joanne Pedersen did so thats who I really think it could be. I just really hope they will look in to it and do some testing or what they got to do to well bring her home to her family.

yes I been to every place I can think of to talk about this and to show with what I'm seeing also looked at other missing girls and did compare some of them and none of them but Joanne's shows to look any thing like are jane doe . and well about the same time they found jane doe I had meet this girl who was I say was about my age (at that time I was 27) and well the girl I had met out at the Racine co. fair grounds could not have been no more then 5 years younger or older then me. and well I talk to her because she had this tee shirt that was really cool and I had asked her where she got it at she told me she got it at Burlington . and well you know theres a store called Burlington coat factory I said to her thats a nice store where you got that tee at she then go's to me no I got it in Burlington I then wen to her and said oh thats just down the road here and its a nice little town and she go's no I got it in Burlington Canada I was like ok but still its a really nice shirt. the show /carnival she was on had just came from Minot, nd. and well the test thay did run on jane doe said that she may have lived in or been to places or parts of Canada ,Alaska, Montana, well I also looked at photos in all them places as well none of the missing photos of other ppl looked any thing like are jane doe but the 1 photo and drawing of Joanne Pedersen did so thats who I really think it could be. I just really hope they will look in to it and do some testing or what they got to do to well bring her home to her family.

There could be something to this. Even today carnies "live off the grid" (it's easy, they camp out in trailers and often the crew leaders take care of paying for meals, the occasional hotel room stay, transportation, etc.) Not all of them are bad people. Some just prefer the "crust punk" or traveling lifestyle. I've dealt with them at work and never had a real problem with any of them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back