LA LA - Lindsay Ellixson, 21, East Baton Rouge, 19 November 2013

HurricaneAngel, thanks for posting that. It's so sad.

My husband works with Lindsay's father, which makes it somewhat more personal and touching. He had to work different hours due to the father missing work back in November. I'm just rambling.

Not sure if my link will show up or if TOS will x it out but there is a local Baton Rouge forum of LSU students, alumnae and sports fans who really had an indepth conversation (53 pages!) of this case , with maps, some insider info and such. Of course some of it is just clowns making snarky remarks and speculation but I found a lot of very helpful info on the case there. It was on the "Tiger Droppings" website from November 19th.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/46310687/Body-Found-In-Tiger-Bend-bayou-IDd.aspx

A lot of people in the area were speculating on social media about there being another serial killer in the area due to Lindsay's murder and untrue rumors of other murders near the LSU lakes (there were muggings around the lakes in late November, but not murders). The rumors were so rampant that BRPD had to release a statement saying these rumors are FALSE.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/police-rumors-of-serial-killer-false/

I think this all stems from the people of Baton Rouge still having something like PTSD from when serial killers Derrick Todd Lee, Sean Vincent Gillis, & Jeffrey Lee Guillory were all active in the area A decade or so ago (the killer's "active years" overlap).

I understand why everyone freaks out. Those were scary times.

Also, I understand if many in BR are still skeptical that Lindsay's death doesn't point to a SK in the area. LE seemed to issue a lot of wrong info back when Derrick Todd Lee was killing (ie: said serial killer was a white guy, Derrick Todd Lee was really black; played up Lee's capture....many outside of LE didn't know there were still two active serial killers at work- Gillis & Guillory).

When I first heard about Lindsey's murder, I thought the same thing....if this can't be connected to a crime of passion or murder by significant other or a drug-related killing (which it wasn't), then oh carp, we may have a serial killer on our hands....it's an easy jump to make if you lived in southeast Louisiana during the Lee-Gillis-Guillory years.

Now he's not a suspect. I'm so confused.
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/24148367/homicide-investigators-file-new-charges-against-sex-offender

"The new charges against Chris Dispaynne, 53, include domestic abuse battery involving strangulation and stalking....Tips and leads into her death took investigators to Livingston Parish where Disspayne's home was searched...

"He's still not a suspect," Capt. Doug Cain, Louisiana State Police, said. "The new charges are not related to Ellixson. In looking into his background, information came to light regarding the new charges."

Disspayne is now facing the two additional charges, as well as Failure to Register as a Sex Offender. [His] past convictions include three past offenses: carnal knowledge of a juvenile (1990 in Louisiana), aggravated kidnapping (1982 in Kentucky) and forcible rape (1982 in Kentucky).

Is he even a POI, I wonder? He is a sex offender & he served time in KY for the kidnapping and rape. How does he tie into Lindsay's murder? Did someone just call him in a possible suspect because he's a RSO and/or they had an axe to grind with him? Did he communicate with Lindsay before she died? Did he know her? Did he offer her the ride she was looking for? He was a non-compliant sex offender (I guess he didn't register or keep his address, etc updated). I believe he is still in the Livingston Parish jail on these charges. I'm furious someone who was convicted of aggravated kidnapping and forcible rape was living free among us. Something is wrong with our system. He should never have been let out of jail. Sometimes I think all dangerous RSOs who went to jail for kidnapping and murder learn from going to jail is that when they get out and commit the same crimes again, they better make sure the victim can't report it, so they kill the victim.

RIP Beautiful girl.

I have noticed on Lindsay's Facebook Page (which is still active) that she had posted having a relationship with RL (posted on October 17, 2013.)

I wonder if LE spoke to him? He was never mentioned in the media nor did he make a public comment. It appears that he moved to Michigan - the same month after Lindsay was found dead.

She had mentioned on her MeetMe Account that she was looking for a ride from Plaquemine to Denham Springs. I believe that RL was from the Plaquemine area. Perhaps he may know something about Lindsay?

- Clodumbo

I have noticed on Lindsay's Facebook Page (which is still active) that she had posted having a relationship with RL (posted on October 17, 2013.)

I wonder if LE spoke to him? He was never mentioned in the media nor did he make a public comment. It appears that he moved to Michigan - the same month after Lindsay was found dead.

She had mentioned on her MeetMe Account that she was looking for a ride from Plaquemine to Denham Springs. I believe that RL was from the Plaquemine area. Perhaps he may know something about Lindsay?

- Clodumbo
I noticed that Lindsay's FB page was removed within a day or two after you posted this message. I took a look at Lindsay's FB page before it was removed and you make a very valid point. I also noticed that "RL" de-friended Lindsay on FB. I did not get a chance to see Lindsay's MeetMe page before it was removed. I wonder if "RL" was at one time a friend on her MeetMe page?

IIRC, Lindsay's body was found between Plaquemine and Denham Springs. "RL" may be able to provide valuable information to LE regarding Lindsay.

Probably not related to Lindsay's case, but many people in the BR community are pretty freaked out by this: "LSU Police are investigating an attempted abduction that happened just after 7p.m. in a parking lot near Patrick F. Taylor Hall.
Police said a woman was walking to her car in the parking lot when she spotted a man get out of a black van and approach her. The man grabbed the woman by the arm, but she was able to break free and run away." It happened today (2/20).
http://www.wbrz.com/news/more-information-released-about-attempted-abduction-at-lsu/

Probably not related to Lindsay's case, but many people in the BR community are pretty freaked out by this: "LSU Police are investigating an attempted abduction that happened just after 7p.m. in a parking lot near Patrick F. Taylor Hall.
Police said a woman was walking to her car in the parking lot when she spotted a man get out of a black van and approach her. The man grabbed the woman by the arm, but she was able to break free and run away." It happened today (2/20).
http://www.wbrz.com/news/more-information-released-about-attempted-abduction-at-lsu/

Alleged LSU abduction Thursday admitted fake.

Source:
http://www.lsureveille.com/news/all...cle_c514483e-9b65-11e3-bf08-001a4bcf6878.html

I guess this girl was just looking for attention. She definitely got it.

What bothers me, is that Lindsay's killer is still out there.

-Clodumbo

http://www.wafb.com/story/26850236/crime-stoppers-a-year-old-murder-mystery-in-baton-rouge

It's a murder mystery that is almost a year old. Who killed Lindsay Ellixson and dumped her body in a river? The family is still trying to deal with everything as detectives try to put it all together...

She was found November 16, but the last time family heard from here was far before that. "The last time we know she spoke with her mother was November 3," said Sgt. Dequire.

So there are about two weeks that are unaccounted for. So far, no one knows where she was, who she was with, or what she was doing. Detectives are calling this murder particularly brutal and violent.

It has been a year today, since Lindsay Ellixson was found in Claycut Bayou. Does anybody have more information about this case?
I can't believe that it's taking so long. She deserves justice.

- Clodumbo

It has been a year today, since Lindsay Ellixson was found in Claycut Bayou. Does anybody have more information about this case?
I can't believe that it's taking so long. She deserves justice.

- Clodumbo

I have thought of her case often and it is frustrating that there is nothing new on it. No updates, no keeping the story in the news or anything. This was a brutal murder of a young woman. That means a very violent criminal is out walking amongst us and I fear if he is not found that another young woman could meet the same fate as Lindsay. How sad for her family to have to deal with the emotions of having a loved one so brutally killed and to not have justice in this case.

Hoping for resolution in this case for Lindsay's family & friends and the community. Who did this to you, Lindsay?

Well, it's 2017 and still no justice. I Google the case often. My husband worked with her father and just asked me about it so I thought I'd check again. It's so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back