Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utah woman says she had uncomfortable date with murder suspect

“I met him on Bumble, the online dating app,” said the woman speaking with Fox 13 News on the condition of anonymity.

The online meeting was last year. After chatting through the app, the two decided to meet for lunch where things took an uncomfortable turn.

“He just couldn’t answer questions about, you know, what friends he had at work, what conversations he had, what he really did for a living. It was all really vague,” she said.

I have an friend that's an established executive in the travel industry.

She asked me if she should date a 62 year old man whose match.com profile reads: I like movies, swimming, and cooking." That was it!

I said if you want to be around a narc, zero accountability, go for it....

Ajayi produced the trailer for his book. It wasn't great but not that bad. I have been wondering if he had been filming more personal things.
And, if it has been discussed I apologize I have not followed threads today.

Just from watching it, I kind of thought someone just took a bunch of stock footage, and spliced it all together with some music and cut scenes of the book. It seemed all over the place.

Thank you perhaps they can weigh in here ?

I am not a Psychologist, but Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. See outpatients one day per week, but mainly work out of Emergency Room so have experience seeing individuals with acute as well as chronic/complicated grief. Not doing much therapy, but more focused on medication management, so not best resource, but i will try.

Based on my experience with grief, especially acute grief, most certainly can affect decision making. Risk taking is definetely not uncommon after loss. I think people can be rattled (i can't think of a better word right now) on an existential level. The loss is a reminder that death is inevitable and some of us may cope with that reminder by living more in the moment and do things we normally wouldn't do. Risky sex (if that is what meeting was about) is definitely a common risk taking behavior in our younger individuals in aftermath of loss based on my clinical experience. And substance use as well, which i still don't think is the case with K.

I think maybe that K just didn't want to be alone and decided instead to meet with him in order distract herself from feeling sad and get her mind off the loss of her grandma. The end result is beyond heartbreaking. I don't have words. K should be alive!

MOO.

I dont think he accessed her instagram. I think the fatherless thing was a fluke that people have run with and stated as fact. The police already had his number from her phone records. The fatherless thing happened Wed afternoon and he had already consulted a lawyer on Tues. Not to mention, he had probably already burned all of her stuff by Wed. And, since when does instagram show you the location that a follow request was initiated from anyway??
It doesn’t, but I think what people are speculating is that he got into her phone, causing it to ping, then went into her Instagram account and followed someone. Most posts I’ve seen referencing this seem to imply he was taunting police with these actions.

I agree with you that her phone was destroyed by then for sure.

I'll eat both my Bruins and Red Sox hats with mustard, if it is determined that she didn't know this guy from before. I really don't think he was a stranger to her. In my opinion, she didn't see any red flags that night, when she went to meet him at the park. I just don't picture her going with someone she didn't know and willingly turning her phone off, for a first time date.

I don't think she ever felt unsafe with him, though. Unless she is a thrill seeker that loves danger, I just don't feel that she would go with someone she knew to be violent. I think he charmed her in the past, she felt safe, secure, and comfortable to meet him at 3 AM in the morning. Friends don't always tell their friends everything- sometimes, secrets are kept and most times, never revealed to another.

Just from watching it, I kind of thought someone just took a bunch of stock footage, and spliced it all together with some music and cut scenes of the book. It seemed all over the place.

Interesting observation.

It strikes me that this is fairly reflective both of this guy's entire "life story" (keyword: story) and ML's murder.

He invents himself out of whole cloth. Makes all kinds of grandiose claims that make him practically indistinguishable from Bill Gates, when in reality he bunked down in a janitor's closet.

He has extremely poor critical thinking skills, as evidenced by his actions.

He "plans" enough in advance to get ML to meet him at the park, but exchanges texts with her beforehand that can be traced back to him.

He gives away the mattress and boxsprings, but burns her body in his backyard.

All over the place is exactly right.

I'm ready to call it: In addition to being pure evil, this guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.

JMO.

Last edited:
I firmly believe he just makes up s**t as he goes along- lies can't remember his lies then lies to get out of contradicting lies and on and on- all to selfishly scam to gain whatever deceiptful,evil ,twisted, sick agenda he is working on.

Last edited:
I agree 100%! And who could, in all reality, have a "unlimited budget" for any project? That just doesn't happen to 99.9% of people... From being evicted due to not paying rent to "unlimited budget" for a hidden room? It just doesn't add up without an alternate and considerable secondary income source....

MOO.
I truly wonder if he wasn’t selling online *advertiser censored*. It could’ve even been consensual. There could’ve been some sadism involved. Perhaps, he’d taken it almost too far a few times. There are people who will pay quite a bit for that sort of *advertiser censored*. I have no doubt that he fully intended that lil secret room to be outfitted with cameras. Even if there’s just a niche market for sadistic cruelty/rape/etc online, in real time, it’s a highly lucrative one. Considering there’s *advertiser censored* sold of underage children, nothing surprises me. Gross.

Note: I am a local.

I am a Salt Lake local that lived in AA's neighborhood until recently. I also have local community connections.

<modsnip - baiting by implying inside information which is a TOS violation>

Also, I'd like to correct earlier comments about AA living in the Rose Park neighborhood. His neighborhood is not Rose Park, it is Fairpark. I sold my home in Fairpark last year, and it is literally around the corner from AA's. They are neighborhoods next to eachother, but different, even according to tax documents.

Regarding the fire comments earlier, it is illegal (according to SLC code) to have a fire within 25 feet of a flammable source. Given that I lived in this neighborhood, I would not hesitate to call it in simply because I'd fear for my home catching fire. Homes in Fairpark are close together and for my own personal situation, had my neighbors lit a big fire in June, you bet I would call it in. This is a desert with dry grass and such...a bonfire in close quarters is a no go.

As for his mortgage. Utah has something called Utah Housing loans which do not require a down payment. He clearly qualified under existing mortgage rules, and I imagine made up a lot of his monthly payment in AirBNB income. Side note..AirBNB actually isn't legal in Salt Lake City proper, but that's difficult to enforce.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am a Salt Lake local that lived in AA's neighborhood until recently. I also have local community connections.

<modsnip - baiting>

Also, I'd like to correct earlier comments about AA living in the Rose Park neighborhood. His neighborhood is not Rose Park, it is Fairpark. I sold my home in Fairpark last year, and it is literally around the corner from AA's. They are neighborhoods next to eachother, but different, even according to tax documents.

Regarding the fire comments earlier, it is illegal (according to SLC code) to have a fire within 25 feet of a flammable source. Given that I lived in this neighborhood, I would not hesitate to call it in simply because I'd fear for my home catching fire. Homes in Fairpark are close together and for my own personal situation, had my neighbors lit a big fire in June, you bet I would call it in. This is a desert with dry grass and such...a bonfire in close quarters is a no go.

As for his mortgage. Utah has something called Utah Housing loans which do not require a down payment. He clearly qualified under existing mortgage rules, and I imagine made up a lot of his monthly payment in AirBNB income. Side note..AirBNB actually isn't legal in Salt Lake City proper, but that's difficult to enforce.
Thank you for the valuable info!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll eat both my Bruins and Red Sox hats with mustard, if it is determined that she didn't know this guy from before. I really don't think he was a stranger to her. In my opinion, she didn't see any red flags that night, when she went to meet him at the park. I just don't picture her going with someone she didn't know and willingly turning her phone off, for a first time date.

I don't think she ever felt unsafe with him, though. Unless she is a thrill seeker that loves danger, I just don't feel that she would go with someone she knew to be violent. I think he charmed her in the past, she felt safe, secure, and comfortable to meet him at 3 AM in the morning. Friends don't always tell their friends everything- sometimes, secrets are kept and most times, never revealed to another.

I agree @Steelslady.

AA is the worst kind of predator: he befriended ML, nurtured her comfort with him, and attacked her when she was most weak and vulnerable. He lived out his demonic fantasy that sad Monday morning.

MOO

Interesting and very insightful observation.

It strikes me that this is fairly reflective both of this guy's entire "life story" (keyword: story) and ML's murder.

He makes crap up on the fly, most of it unverifiable....Unverifiable because it's untrue.

He has extremely poor critical thinking skills, as evidenced by his actions.

He "plans" enough in advance to get ML to meet him at the park, but exchanges texts with her beforehand that can be traced back to him.

He gives away the mattress and boxsprings, but burns her body in his backyard.

All over the place is exactly right.

I'm ready to call it: In addition to being pure evil, this guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.

JMO.
Yes, sooo dumb! No critical thinking of the ramifications. It's like he was so focused on satisfying his sadistic needs, he was almost lackadaisical thereafter.

I agree that they probably knew each other before, but I would still like to see you eat your hats with mustard :p

It doesn’t, but I think what people are speculating is that he got into her phone, causing it to ping, then went into her Instagram account and followed someone. Most posts I’ve seen referencing this seem to imply he was taunting police with these actions.

I agree with you that her phone was destroyed by then for sure.

Yep, I thought about the ping right after I hit post. If he really did access her instagram and made that follow as a taunt, then he is even more dumb and/or arrogant than I thought.

I cannot give the info I received from the local DA connection I have. All I can say is prepare for big revelations when AA is formally charged. This was speculated upon earlier in the thread.

I actually have a few friends that had their Airbnbs shut down by the city. I ran an airbnb off and on for 2 years and never had issues. Definitely difficult to enforce because there are so many.

I wonder if she had let her guard down around him for some reason. Remember the friend that gave the interview warning her about him? Something blinded her to those warnings.
BBM:

The Invincibility of Youth.
The belief when we're young that we're going to live forever.
The feeling that nothing bad will ever happen to us.

Ironically, it's this very feeling of invulnerability which increases one's vulnerability.

It's another sad reminder of something I say all the time here:

Feelings aren't Facts.

The fact that ML obviously felt safe with AA just as obviously didn't make her safe with him.

JMO.

Yeah I've seen that article, but just assumed it was misreported. Maybe he was dumb enough to turn her phone back on and they pinged it?? Doesnt everyone lock their phone though these days? Not sure how would have gotten back into it to access her instagram.

Good question.
Possibly too much to drink and logged in despite the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member