Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 #2

Well,I still find it very strange/off that MSM still uses the photoshopped picture.But I like to add on @Elainera reply/translation on that forum,(that must have been covered by the many post there) that some members think ,it became such a high class missing case,because of the 'Lolita-look/photoshopped'
Oh, I so agree with you. That pose was much more sexy and provocative and would make better headlines.

Just checking in and hoping for even a tiny bit of positive news.
Not quite related to Rebecca's disapearence, but never the less, concerning...
Last time I checked, there was heatwave in Germany, where the temperature was going to be about 40 C in Berlin area and they feared wildfires in the surroundings of Brandenburg/Berlin.
So looked it up again and seems that the area LE searched for her body has idd wildfires

"Due to a very large forest fire in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, in the northeast of Germany, several villages have to be evacuated.
The fire spread over 430 hectares on Monday morning and the smoke can be smelled all the way to Berlin. The state minister for the environment speaks of the largest forest fire ever in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. About 500 people had to leave their homes. The fire has also reached a former training ground of the army, which makes it more difficult to extinguish. Ammunition is on site. The fire is probably lit. Forest fires have also broken out in other places in East Germany"
Grote bosbranden in Oost-Duitsland

size=708x398.png

Forest fires and their size in Brandenburg in June 2019 (Source: rbb | 24)
The largest forest fires in Brandenburg 2019 |
Oberhavel is arson stronghold
According to Raimund Engel, most arson of forests in Brandenburg takes place in Oberhavel district, especially in the Löwenberger Land. There, two-thirds of the forest fires were attributed to arson, Engel said.
Fast jeder fünfte Waldbrand geht auf Brandstiftung zurück

Last time I checked, there was heatwave in Germany, where the temperature was going to be about 40 C in Berlin area and they feared wildfires in the surroundings of Brandenburg/Berlin.
So looked it up again and seems that the area LE searched for her body has idd wildfires

"Due to a very large forest fire in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, in the northeast of Germany, several villages have to be evacuated.
The fire spread over 430 hectares on Monday morning and the smoke can be smelled all the way to Berlin. The state minister for the environment speaks of the largest forest fire ever in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. About 500 people had to leave their homes. The fire has also reached a former training ground of the army, which makes it more difficult to extinguish. Ammunition is on site. The fire is probably lit. Forest fires have also broken out in other places in East Germany"

size=708x398.png

According to Raimund Engel, most arson of forests in Brandenburg takes place in Oberhavel district, especially in the Löwenberger Land. There, two-thirds of the forest fires were attributed to arson, Engel said.
Thank you for always responding when we check for any new information.
Forest fires may burn off the thick under brush and expose her body if it is there and if anyone is looking.

size=708x398.png

Thank you !! I hate to ask this but at this point there wouldn't be any thing other than skeletal remains , I think what I'm trying to say delicately is there wouldn't be the unmistakable smell of human flesh burning that a cadaver dog would pick up if they were able to even bring one to the suspected area?

Update from July 4th: Rebecca Reusch has been missing for nearly five months now: on February 18th, was the last time the student was seen. Lakes and forests were searched, 11 days after the missing person's report, the police examined the house of the sister, in which the 15-year-old spent the weekend on blood, traces as bild.de reported. The police had set in motion all the recourses to find the girl: Hospitals calling, use of police and rescue services checked, checked the place of residence - unsuccessful. The search has been stopped. A police spokeswoman told the news portal, "The structured searches for Rebecca were provisionally closed in April. These are promptly resumed upon receipt of new promising investigative arrests. "However, it seems hopeless. Picture quotes Martin Steltner of the Berlin prosecutor: "We have no evidence that Rebecca is still alive. We have to assume she's dead. " [ ]

Rebecca Reusch (Berlin) vermisst: Jetzt äußert sich ein Berliner Staatsanwalt - düstere Ansage | Welt

No mention of the digital search, her laptop that she supposed to pick up, later that day, at her sister's house.

Why do they say " We have no evidence that Rebecca is still alive. We have to assume she's dead" instead of
"We have no evidence that Rebecca is dead, We have to assume she is alive"

Her absence alone should not lead a person to one conclusion or the other. I know that many have and still do suspect the BIL but I never understood why except for circumstances of timing that morning. So frustrating !
Thank you @worldwatcher for your update.

We have to assume she's dead" instead of

If she is.. I do think that it must have something to do with an internet "love"/meeting. Her friends stated, she acted funny that weekend. Normally she was online a lot, but not that weekend.

Also I did read, a while ago, on another forum that the missing blanket was smaller then Rebecca herself so if it was used by BIL to transport her body it does not make sense,imo.

The lack of traces, like blood or other body fluid in the house should point in a direction that she could have left the house alive and something bad happend, but I do agree with you, the circumstances are frustrating and mysterious.

I think what I'm trying to say delicately is there wouldn't be the unmistakable smell of human flesh burning that a cadaver dog would pick up if they were able to even bring one to the suspected area?
I have understood that the area LE searched has also a lot of WW2 bunkers.
Seems to me that it is searching for a needle in a haystack there.

Guess, it became a cold case from what I read...

Why do they say " We have no evidence that Rebecca is still alive. We have to assume she's dead" instead of

Her absence alone should not lead a person to one conclusion or the other. I know that many have and still do suspect the BIL but I never understood why except for circumstances of timing that morning. So frustrating !
That's what I am used to seeing personally in investigations. Normally looking for an alive person and especially without evidence of death. It seems fishy to me.

Yes, odd. Maybe it’s a around about way of saying the evidence points to her being deceased but without explicitly saying that?

Update from July 13, 2019: The enigmatic disappearance of the student Rebecca from Berlin-Neukölln has been back for five months - but the investigators are still dealing with the case. "The investigation continues," said the spokesman for the Berlin prosecutor, Martin Steltner, on dpa request. "It's not a cold case, on the contrary." A cold case is the term used to describe cases in which investigations have been without result for a long time. The procedure and any findings made Steltner no information.[ ]

Rebecca Reusch vermisst - Staatsanwalt: „Es ist kein Cold Case, im Gegenteil“ | Welt

I have to admit that I didn't read the whole story, but from what I have read, there is not really any news to be found, just repeats about the filtered picture, the LE still thinks she didn't leave the house alive,POI seems still BIL,etc etc.
Feel free to add,in case I missed something..?

New witness saw Rebecca R. after she disappeared!

Rebecca Reusch has been missing for 5 months and it is believed that Becci did not leave the house of her sister and brother-in-law alive. But a testimony does not fit this assumption. The Berliner Veronika (51), mother of a daughter, sat on the bus 171 bus direction Rudow. She tells BILD: "At the height of Gropiusstadt I saw a big girl get in. It had so much momentum. You could not miss it. "She continues:" At first I noticed the blanket. I wondered what she wanted to do with it in the season. And then the bright clothes. Everyone had dark clothes. She wore a pink jacket. That would look great on my daughter too, I still thought so. She had the blanket over her right arm and the backpack on the other side. She fell down and I saw her black tennis shoes. "Veronika did not know Rebecca Reusch, but contacted her parents by phone. By now they are friends.
She is not the only one who saw Rebecca Reusch!
Also a neighbor saw Rebecca Reusch on the day of the disappearance allegedly still. At that time she said to BILD: "At noon on the day of her disappearance I saw the girl Rebecca with her pink blanket (Rebecca's family called the color of the blanket purple-colored). I thought: What is this girl doing with a blanket over her arm? She was slightly dressed. I wrote an online ad to the police but did not hear from them. "Samantha, a former classmate of Rebecca's sister Vivien, also wants to see Rebecca in the evening. She said to BILD, "I've seen Rebecca before and I knew it was her 100%." [ ]
Also there is a mention that a neighbor saw Rebecca Reusch on the day of the disappearance..

Rebecca Reusch vermisst: Neue Zeugin hat sie gesehen! - STARZIP

Last edited:
New witness saw Rebecca R. after she disappeared!

Rebecca Reusch has been missing for 5 months and it is believed that Becci did not leave the house of her sister and brother-in-law alive. But a testimony does not fit this assumption. The Berliner Veronika (51), mother of a daughter, sat on the bus 171 bus direction Rudow. She tells BILD: "At the height of Gropiusstadt I saw a big girl get in. It had so much momentum. You could not miss it. "She continues:" At first I noticed the blanket. I wondered what she wanted to do with it in the season. And then the bright clothes. Everyone had dark clothes. She wore a pink jacket. That would look great on my daughter too, I still thought so. She had the blanket over her right arm and the backpack on the other side. She fell down and I saw her black tennis shoes. "Veronika did not know Rebecca Reusch, but contacted her parents by phone. By now they are friends.
She is not the only one who saw Rebecca Reusch!
Also a neighbor saw Rebecca Reusch on the day of the disappearance allegedly still. At that time she said to BILD: "At noon on the day of her disappearance I saw the girl Rebecca with her pink blanket (Rebecca's family called the color of the blanket purple-colored). I thought: What is this girl doing with a blanket over her arm? She was slightly dressed. I wrote an online ad to the police but did not hear from them. "Samantha, a former classmate of Rebecca's sister Vivien, also wants to see Rebecca in the evening. She said to BILD, "I've seen Rebecca before and I knew it was her 100%." [ ]
Also there is a mention that a neighbor saw Rebecca Reusch on the day of the disappearance..

Rebecca Reusch vermisst: Neue Zeugin hat sie gesehen! - STARZIP
Do we know if or how hard LE is following up on these sightings?
I still think the altercation with the boys at her school a few days before her disappearance carries a lot more weight than it has been given so far. I think that it pushed her over the edge in that she took steps to not have to return to that school that Monday morning.
I am heartened by this article and I wait for the day in which we can shout "I told you so!"
As always thank you @worldwatcher for keeping us up to date.

Rebecca Reusch (Berlin) vermisst - Zeugin will sie erkannt haben: „Kein Zweifel“ | Welt

Found an article that I think is new, but I can't read German so it may be old also.

I just translated it a bit. The witness is sure, she saw Rebecca that day:
"Although the 51-year-old indicates that she has not known the disappeared teenager before, but she can remember very clearly. Later she contacted the family to tell the parents about their observations and to give comfort."

I still find it odd that there are no LE statements /info about these 3 witnesses that saw Rebecca the day she disappeared.. Kinda get the tunnel vision feeling from LE about the case.
MOO

It is almost as if they are trying to cover up something else and the BIL makes a handy scapegoat.
Yes well.. first I thought it was BIL who was somehow connected with her disappearance, but now I really doubt the integrity of LE when it comes down to this case. Normally you would think, they follow up on every lead.. and make it known if it panned out..? There is just silence from LE about that.
Maybe because they waited several days before they finally took her disappearance seriously, all CCTV footage was erased, her digital tracks lost.. I think it might been helpful because one of Rebecca's friend stated that she acted funny that weekend and was hardly online which seems unasually for her. The case could have sifted to a whole other direction.

The investigation being expensive is a consequence of the waiting days, Imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back