Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family of suspect in MacKenzie Lueck case worried about possibility of fair trial in SLC

Here is the news report with the attorney! Finally found an official link.
Yay! Thank you so much. From the article:

[...]

Speaking from her office in New York, attorney Janet Fashakin said the presumption of innocence is a civil right in the United States and she questioned if Ayoola Ajayi will be entitled to that right if the trial takes place in Salt Lake City.

“AJ is being crucified already,” she said.

Fashakin said she got a call from Nigeria, where Ajayi's mother has been reading news reports in disbelief.

“There is no way you can watch all this that`s being said about your loving son and you be able to be at peace,” said Fashakin.

She insists the man the media has characterized is not her son.

“Mrs. Ajayi wants me to let you know that she has a good son. A very hardworking son at that. A son who cares about others," said Fashakin.

The family is afraid judgments are being made based on a limited amount of evidence revealed by police.

[...]

Fashakin believes Ajayi will not be able to receive a fair trial in Utah, at least in part due to his skin color.

“There is no way AJ can get a fair trial in Utah considering the racial disparity over there,” said Fashakin.

Charges have not been filed yet, but once they are, Fashakin is going to work to get the trial moved out of state.

“We are very confident that when all is said and done, AJ will be found not guilty,” she said.

Fashakin said she knows the Ajyais from Nigeria and at this point, she has not been paid for her services.

Last edited:
What's "Whois", what are "vague connections" and what are "classic 419 scams."
Whois searching is checking the databases of registered domains on the internet. Domain name directories have details on who registered/owns the website, when and where was it registered, associated IP addresses, etc.

I couldn’t find any direct connections of AA being involved in advance-fee fraud, romance scams, fake loans, fake computer repair service contracts, and other types of scams that are out there. However, I found evidence that suggests he is, just not that “one thing” that will prove it.

The rich prince that wants to give you 10 million dollars is an example of a classic 419 scam. There are an unbelievable number of variations designed to take money from unsuspecting people.

In fact, no employer has said a word about him. Wonder what's up with that?
Most employers would not want to comment on an employee's arrest, especially in a case like this. His resume is taken down and many wouldn't seek to find it. By commenting they put themselves in the center of this storm so they would not do it. If he had access to Kenzie as part of his work with them, they might as their computers and records might be subpeonaed. HR and any publicity/crisis managers are the ones who sit with lawyers to set the plan. I am sure he was an independent contractor and not considered an employee if he did, indeed, work with/for them. If he is an employee, there are sections of the handbook that favor the employer severing their ties with him. Or, if he is contracted, I am sure the contract has been cancelled based on the language that they have written to ensure that they can separate if an employee is arrested. He would also be able to be let go based on not being able to show up.

With topics surrounding this (SD/SB, BDSM, race, immigration status), silence is the best tactic as to not inflame anyone.

Yay! From the article:

Family members of the man suspected of murdering Mackenzie Lueck said they don't believe he will receive a fair trial in Utah.

Speaking from her office in New York, attorney Janet Fashakin said the presumption of innocence is a civil right in the United States and she questioned if Ayoola Ajayi will be entitled to that right if the trial takes place in Salt Lake City.

Fashakin said she got a call from Nigeria, where Ajayi's mother has been reading news reports in disbelief.

“There is no way you can watch all this that`s being said about your loving son and you be able to be at peace,” said Fashakin.

“Mrs. Ajayi wants me to let you know that she has a good son. A very hardworking son at that. A son who cares about others," said Fashakin.

The family is afraid judgments are being made based on a limited amount of evidence revealed by police.

[...]

Fashakin believes Ajayi will not be able to receive a fair trial in Utah, at least in part due to his skin color.

“There is no way AJ can get a fair trial in Utah considering the racial disparity over there,” said Fashakin.

Charges have not been filed yet, but once they are, Fashakin is going to work to get the trial moved out of state.

“We are very confident that when all is said and done, AJ will be found not guilty,” she said.

Fashakin said she knows the Ajyais from Nigeria and at this point, she has not been paid for her services.
Maybe AJ is really Nigerian Royalty ?...... I get emails from some a couple of times a year.....moo

On another note, I was trying to figure out how he could work for such large companies without the ability to pass a background check. For instance, I know Dell does a thorough one because I had an offer from them.

I think I’ve figured it out - I think AA may have been a contractor. IC/consultants don’t usually have a background check - so he can probably get away with saying whatever he wants. It’s also not unheard of in the IT field for someone to be an indy. I haven’t heard of them for helpdesk support but I guess anything is possible in a smaller market. This also would have afforded him the flexibility to do whatever he wants with the rest of his free time (illegal ventures or just staring at his fish tank) since he would essentially be working in the gig economy.

Just something I’m kicking around. Did anyone else have any other thoughts? Or has anyone been able to sleuth his work situation a bit more?

The contractor angle is totally plausible. Years ago while working for a large corporate trustee, we had a contractor who was hired through an agency. The agency had run his background, which came back clean. He was well-liked and his work was good. A week or two later this contractor was suddenly gone in the middle of the day. We later learned that the second background check had picked up an old domestic violence conviction, and he was gone immediately.

Yay! From the article:

[...]

[...]

She’s probably right though. If one can look past these petty crimes, he’s a really good guy.

It’s not like rape, murder, and body desecration, are the worst things in the world.

We should be focusing on the positive aspects of his life. That’s all that will matter at trial anyways.

People tend to get hung up on nonsense like “overwhelming evidence,” and “facts.”

If his mommy says he’s a good boy, then by God, he’s a good boy.

That being said, I’ll have what she’s having.

I've never 'not' vetted or run a background check on any IC/Consultants I've used personally. Granted I'm working with large, top tier manufacturing companies who are very interested in the caliber of people in their companies who have access to sensitive information. FWIW

Even smaller businesses would run a background check on a contractor. These people are the face of a company to others. They may have access to files/information/data that is sensitive, financial, or, even, a person's location.

He may not have submitted the LinkedIn resume for background checks. Usually, you fill in the forms and submit to the background check company.

She’s probably right though. If one can look past these petty crimes, he’s a really good guy.

It’s not like rape, murder, and body desecration, are the worst things in the world.

We should be focusing on the positive aspects of his life. That’s all that will matter at trial anyways.

People tend to get hung up on nonsense like “overwhelming evidence,” and “facts.”

If his mommy says he’s a good boy, then by God, he’s a good boy.

That being said, I’ll have what she’s having.
Someone may want to tell her that Utah will not be moving the trial to another state. :)

View attachment 192000 Looks like a real power attorney lol

In NYC and a non-Manhattan boro, this of storefront is not uncommon for a lawyer. I get that it seems like she is a joke (and she may be) but there are many good lawyers doing good work in Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Staten Island that have these kinds of offices. Not many of the working class people can pay 500 an hour for a big shot or top tier firm.

I agree with everyone’s concerns, but perhaps for people who haven’t been following the case and have only seen it on the news in passing, it might help them recognize it.
I dont like it. Not from WS.
The media has really played up this sugar baby/sugar daddy angle, so maybe if someone doesn’t remember her name, it will help them locate this information. It could also be for search engine optimization purposes.

A combination Lawyer and Gynecologist.......Do they also practice fortune telling ?...... I have now seen it all.......moo

Based on the signage I think we also know who has more business.

The attorney was an odd choice for family spokesperson. Not sure that she’s really doing any benefit to AA but I guess she’s better following her history as a civil rights attorney and trying to make this a civil rights issue vs. completely going outside of her familiarity.

<modsnip - removed quoted post that had been deleted>

I may think she is full of it but we should not feel that she is an awful attorney.

For everyone's information:

Janet Fashakin is a seasoned attorney of over two decades, a journey that started in Africa in 2000 church. She received her bachelors in law from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria, She proceeded to receive her Masters in Law from Yeshiva University, Cardozo School of Law in New York. She embarked on her doctorate studies at Walden University in Baltimore, USA, where her dissertation focuses on the "Challenges faced by the African American Women upon their release after serving their terms."
Bar Admissions: The Supreme Court of Nigeria;
The Supreme Court of New York State 2nd Judicial Departments,
The District Court of the Eastern District of New York ,
The District Court of the Southern District of New York and
The Supreme Court of USA.
A licensed Registered Nurse of Nigeria, UK & New York State
A Certified Public Administrator of USA.

Appointment:
Guardian Ad Litem for the State of NY to represent the interest of the unknowns and the Incapacitated in Probate matters.
Small Claims Court Arbitrator.

Awards:
Recognized member of Stratford’s "Who's Who."
Top 10 Best 2016 Client Satisfaction Award by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Associations:
American Bar Association,
The New York Bar Association,
The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers,
The Women Bar Association of New York and many others.

Socio-Cultural/ Grass-root Involvements:
Founder & Global Director, Ijesa Ladies Union (I.L.U) International, a non for profit organization that focuses attention on the plight of the less widows privileged women of Ijesaland and their under aged kids.
National Women Leader, Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) North America
Founder, Macedonia Project for the care of the Poor Widows and their Orphan kids of CAC.

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Medical Malpractice
Fees
  • Free Consultation
    I give free consultation of up to 10 minutes, after that it is $100 per hour. We also take certain complex cases on contingency.
  • Contingent Fees
    Most contingency fees are by law and set at 33% of the money recovered. If nothing is recovered, nothing is due the attorney.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Since 2001
jurisdictions.png

Languages
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Yoruba: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Small Claims Arbitrators
New York State Courts Administration
2004 - 2014
I adjudicate on simple and complex matters of all sorts of cases where the parties both agree to see me.
Education
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
LL.M. (2005) | Law
2004 - present
Honors: Startford "Who's Who", 10 Best 2016 Client Satisfaction American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. Alpha Kappa Alpha, Wladen University.
Activities: I mentor young law graduates, I am a Small Claim's Arbitrator and a Guardian Ad litem for the incapacitated and the Unknowns of New York State.
school-14837-1447380255-m.png

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
LL.B. (1990) | Law
1986 - 1990
Honors: Graduated with honors

Cardozo is currently ranked 52nd by U.S. News and World Report ranking of law schools. Its intellectual property program was ranked 12th in the nation, and its dispute resolution program was ranked 6th. The Cardozo faculty is ranked #32 in the nation for scholarly impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
In NYC and a non-Manhattan boro, this of storefront is not uncommon for a lawyer. I get that it seems like she is a joke (and she may be) but there are many good lawyers doing good work in Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Staten Island that have these kinds of offices. Not many of the working class people can pay 500 an hour for a big shot or top tier firm.
Top Attorney – Janet O. Fashakin – Top Attorneys of North America
[...]

She received her bachelors degree in law from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria, her Master’s degree in Law from Yeshiva University, Cardozo School of Law in New York and proceeded to do her doctorate studies in Criminal Justice at Walden University in Baltimore, USA.

Janet is an admitted attorney of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, the Supreme Court of New York State 2nd Judicial Departments , the District Court of the Eastern District of New York , the District Court of the Southern District of New York and the Supreme Court of USA.

Janet was appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem for the State of NY to represents the interest of the unknowns and the Incapacitated in Probate matters and is also a Small Claims Court Arbitrator. She was a former Adjunct Professor of Law at Briar Cliffe College in Long Island, New York. She is a member of The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA); National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL); Queens Bar Association; New York Bar Association among others.

A multi-professional, Janet is a New York licensed Registered Nurse, a Certified Realtor and a member of the Certified Public Administrators of USA. She is very fluent in Yoruba and English.

[...]

I have confidence that if AA's trial was held in any state it would be a fair trial because facts are facts and facts don't lie. So I am just curious how exactly she believes evidence or the interpretation of evidence would be different in Utah than any other state

Oh I know. Use to live in Queens. However that place is up in the 100s and Jamaica ave. It’s an African neighborhood...and as you can see the building is clearly owned by the family(medical practice with same name)
Also, she is an immigration attorney.....who went to law school in Nigeria. Panting with a wide brush I know...but I’m familiar with those lawyers in NYC and I wouldn’t hire one to write me a contract, let alone extradite me to another location for a murder charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas