Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even smaller businesses would run a background check on a contractor. These people are the face of a company to others. They may have access to files/information/data that is sensitive, financial, or, even, a person's location.

He may not have submitted the LinkedIn resume for background checks. Usually, you fill in the forms and submit to the background check company.
Since he was never actually charged in the one rape case, it probably didn’t show up on background checks. Other than that, the only other thing on his record were traffic violations. Once someone leaves a company, they can’t say anything bad about the person. If someone calls to check prior employment, they generally just confirm or deny that they worked there.

Top Attorney – Janet O. Fashakin – Top Attorneys of North America
[...]

She received her bachelors degree in law from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria, her Master’s degree in Law from Yeshiva University, Cardozo School of Law in New York and proceeded to do her doctorate studies in Criminal Justice at Walden University in Baltimore, USA.

Janet is an admitted attorney of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, the Supreme Court of New York State 2nd Judicial Departments , the District Court of the Eastern District of New York , the District Court of the Southern District of New York and the Supreme Court of USA.

Janet was appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem for the State of NY to represents the interest of the unknowns and the Incapacitated in Probate matters and is also a Small Claims Court Arbitrator. She was a former Adjunct Professor of Law at Briar Cliffe College in Long Island, New York. She is a member of The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA); National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL); Queens Bar Association; New York Bar Association among others.

A multi-professional, Janet is a New York licensed Registered Nurse, a Certified Realtor and a member of the Certified Public Administrators of USA. She is very fluent in Yoruba and English.

[...]
Well, if any Lawyer can get his trial moved to another state than Utah, she just may be the one that can do it.......moo

Even if the mattress proves to be a red herring, there's no way investigators or the public could ignore it, and that AA acted quickly to get rid of it.

I believe City, State, and FBI are working feverishly on getting justice for ML. From the pressers, this appears very personal to the Chief and detectives.

Not counting Lauren, Lizzy, and MacKenzie, there were more than 70 homicides 2018-19!

2018 Utah homicide victims

Salt lake City is a big city with big city problems. I have been here since 1986. It has been heartbreaking to see the change.

Top Attorney – Janet O. Fashakin – Top Attorneys of North America
[...]

She received her bachelors degree in law from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria, her Master’s degree in Law from Yeshiva University, Cardozo School of Law in New York and proceeded to do her doctorate studies in Criminal Justice at Walden University in Baltimore, USA.

Janet is an admitted attorney of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, the Supreme Court of New York State 2nd Judicial Departments , the District Court of the Eastern District of New York , the District Court of the Southern District of New York and the Supreme Court of USA.

Janet was appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem for the State of NY to represents the interest of the unknowns and the Incapacitated in Probate matters and is also a Small Claims Court Arbitrator. She was a former Adjunct Professor of Law at Briar Cliffe College in Long Island, New York. She is a member of The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA); National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL); Queens Bar Association; New York Bar Association among others.

A multi-professional, Janet is a New York licensed Registered Nurse, a Certified Realtor and a member of the Certified Public Administrators of USA. She is very fluent in Yoruba and English.

[...]

She may have had a previous career as an RN. Yeshiva's Cardozo is not a diploma mill by any means. They have been solid at producing candidates for top firms and passing the bar based on education provided.

I have confidence that if AA's trial was held in any state it would be a fair trial because facts are facts and facts don't lie. So I am just curious how exactly she believes evidence or the interpretation of evidence would be different in Utah than any other state
And LE has been incredibly conservative and cautious about releasing details. Pretty much all they’ve shared publicly is that AA was the last person ML texted, their phones both pinged at the park near the same time, burned tissue matching ML was found in his backyard, and AA is charged.

Also, she is an immigration attorney.....who went to law school in Nigeria.

She went to Yeshiva University's Benjamin Cardozo School of Law in NYC. She is not a fly by night as you might think she is. This law school has graduated some excellentShe is a member of the NY bar.

I am all for thinking that her stated positions are laughable or questionable but this woman worked hard for her degree and should be given the respect afforded one who is admitted to the bar.

Some Cardozo Alumni are

Last edited:
She went to Yeshiva University's Benjamin Cardozo School of Law in NYC. She is not a fly by night as you might think she is. She is a member of the NY bar.
Her law degree isn’t from there. She got a masters degree there, possibly to become eligible to apply for law school in the US. Her actual law degree is from Walden. Walden overall is nationally ranked, but the law school itself does not make the top 200 rankings, for whatever rankings are worth.

Is the Attorney licensed in UT? Is she for sure hired to represent him or the family? I keep seeing different things. Regardless after watching that Fox 13 news clip I am sitting on my hands and putting myself in timeout willingly...

Not saying she is a fly by night attorney or something. And I know about the innocence project from Cardozo that she worked on....but Read some of her ramblings on that Facebook page.
She is throwing this guy into the same category as the Central Park 5 and so far her only argument is “Utah is 2% African American so he can’t possibly get a fair trial”

Not saying she is a fly by night attorney or something. And I know about the innocence project from Cardozo that she worked on....but Read some of her ramblings on that Facebook page.
She is throwing this guy into the same category as the Central Park 5 and so far her only argument is “Utah is 2% African American so he can’t possibly get a fair trial”

what FB page

In NYC and a non-Manhattan boro, this of storefront is not uncommon for a lawyer. I get that it seems like she is a joke (and she may be) but there are many good lawyers doing good work in Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Staten Island that have these kinds of offices. Not many of the working class people can pay 500 an hour for a big shot or top tier firm.

i bet she's not of the caliber of this case though. Lwop or DP.

I wonder who, exactly, will be funding Ms. Fashakin's handling of this case. She is certainly not going to be paid to be a public defender in Utah, as she is not licensed to practice there (just for one obvious reason).

If she has enough money to show up in SLC, then some group or groups are backing her. Or she works for very little.

Or she is going to do it pro bono and front her own expenses (very very unusual, IMO). In that case, she's making a bid for national fame and attention.

For-Profit Colleges Encourage Huge Student Debt

Walden is a for-profit school, while a law degree is an accomplishment no matter what, it does not seem like this is a very prestigious school.

From the article

"The biggest borrower on the list is Walden University, whose grad students borrowed $756 million last year, according to the CAP report. Walden is owned by Laureate Education, a for-profit education company that hopes to go public next year. This seems to be a profitable enterprise, at least for its CEO. If you've never heard of Walden, join the club: it has no academic reputation to speak of. "

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/profit-walden-u-once-tied-bill-clinton-put-under-review-n661281

https://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/for_profit_report/PartII/Walden.pdf
"While Walden spends a high portion of revenue on marketing and on profit, and a relatively small amount on per student instruction, the students that it enrolls appear to be faring much better than at many companies the committee examined"

Seems like as far as "for profit" online schools go, Walden at least is not a scam. Most complaints from students were about being misled by recruiters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong