Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Harvey on Twitter
Kyle Harvey‏Verified account @KyleHarveyOnTV 2m2 minutes ago
Kyle Harvey Retweeted Kyle Harvey

This raises lots of new questions. How was she found? Has the suspect cracked? Was there another person involved? Police found female tissue at the house, but did she die there? What was the cause of death? #Utah #SaltLakeCity #MacKenzieLueck
Kyle Harvey added,
Kyle HarveyVerified account @KyleHarveyOnTMAJOR UPDATE - Police in #SaltLakeCity say #MacKenzieLueck’s body has been found in Logan Canyon. #Utah

I've wondered if she was ever even at the home, but adding locations and more movement to these cases can lead to unnecessary rabbit holes. So I assumed she was killed at the house. And she may have been, and the canyon was just a location for her body. But it has not made sense that all of her remains were in that yard, so first, I think they wanted a body before charging him and felt that they would find her (perhaps because of what they did find and what it told them). Secondly, I shudder to think of what he did to her that has led to remains being both burned and left in a canyon. And I still think it was over the minute she was in the car with him and the Lyft driver was well on his way out of the park.

I am also wondering (hoping) that he has confessed and told them where to find her body.
Yeah, I don't know how they could have found the exact location if he had not told them.
Unless they tracked his phone or his car had GPS. But considering he knew so much about computer technology I would think he would leave the phone behind. Imo

New Member. I came across this site in the beginning stages of the ML case. For one reason or another this case stuck with me. I have spent hours reading each post and I have to say, this "community" assembled here is amazing. I appreciate all the knowledge and ideas presented and hope to become a valuable member here in the future.

Warning Graphic:

In the beginning of this PC, LE said they will not be answering questions due to the “delicate nature” of this investigation, iirc.

——

As I mentioned above, this new revelation this can only mean one of two things, I think...I’m sure other people here may come up with some other scenarios, but right now deductive reasoning leads me to believe that:

A) There was initially an error with the DNA testing, and she was never burned in that fire, and rather dumped at Logan Canyon.

Or

B) There was no error in the testing, her tissue was indeed in that fire, which can only mean imo that another part of body was disposed of at Logan Canyon.

What else could it be?

I am immediately reminded of Jessica Ridgeway here. LE confirmed in a PC that Jessica Ridgeway was found at Patridge Park. I thought it was her body until I came here and everyone had photos from the helicopter and said she was dismembered.

The perp kept her head and her hands in her crawl space. And flushed other parts of her, but had dumped her torso at Patridge Park.

—-

I look forward to hear what YOU GUYs have deduced from that PC, bc that’s all I’m getting right now, “a” or “b”.

Yeah, I don't know how they could have found the exact location if he had not told them.
Unless they tracked his phone or his car had GPS. But considering he knew so much about computer technology I would think he would leave the phone behind. Imo
Well, he took the phone with him when he met her, so he seems to have a disconnect between being knowledgable about technology and using that knowledge when he commits crimes. I'm honestly surprised he apparently used his own phone for contacting her and didn't have a burner phone that he got rid of.

Thank you - I was certain of this. So this is going to be an uncomfortable question but when a body burns - does tissue melt? and that's what they found? i think his phone may be the key IMO. We know they have it because they found her pictures on it IIRC.

My understanding is that certain tissue will melt pretty easily--maybe like skin, fat, and muscle but bone takes a lot of heat and a lot of time. I'm not 100% certain, though.

I think he took her to his house before he took her body to the canyon. Otherwise he could have left her belongings at the canyon also, instead of trying to burn them and leaving a trail of evidence in the burn pit that would link him to her.

Remains of murdered Utah student Mackenzie Lueck found: police
The body of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck was recovered 80 miles north of Salt Lake City, police said Friday.

Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown made the revelation during a press conference. Lueck’s remains were found in Logan Canyon.

[...]

Police recover body of slain Utah student Mackenzie Lueck in Logan Canyon
[...]

"In the wake of this tragic, tragic incident I am relieved and grief-stricken to report that we have recovered Mackenzie Lueck in Logan Canyon," said Salt Lake Police Chief Mike Brown.

The body was recovered Wednesday and investigators were later able to confirm that the remains were of Lueck.

[...]

Last week, police would not say whether a body had been recovered. They would only say that "female human tissue" that matched Lueck's DNA was found in the backyard of a Salt Lake home in the Fairpark neighborhood. Police said they found several charred items in that yard that "were consistent with personal items" of Lueck.

[...]

Remains of slain college student recovered
[...]

The remains of Mackenzie Lueck were found in Logan Canyon on Wednesday and have been forensically confirmed to belong to 23-year-old Lueck, he said at a news conference.

Brown said he spoke to Lueck's family Friday morning, calling it "another devastating call."

"Despite their grief, we hope this will help them find some closure," Brown said.

[...]

Formal charges are expected to be filed next week, Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said Friday.

Purse, clothing, and so on would take ten minutes to burn up and would not create a stench that neighbors were sickened by lasting through the day. No, no he burned something foul if those statements are to be believed from the neighbors. The fact they found her body and could positively ID it speaks to a situation that whatever was burned was not her and was, in my opinion, something/someone else. Again, speculation but it is the only logical conclusion I can draw at this point given what we know.
Although the suitcase would have taken much longer to burn and if it was leather may have been the cause of the smell. Imo

He was dumb enough to leave his phone on when he met ML and dumb enough to text her the night before the crime. I think he'd be dumb enough to bring it when disposing of her body. I think he never thought the police would even so much as get a search warrant on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave