Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't know how they could have found the exact location if he had not told them.
Unless they tracked his phone or his car had GPS. But considering he knew so much about computer technology I would think he would leave the phone behind. Imo
I don't think he knew that much about computer technology - I've posted this before - he didn't finish school and worked in support for Dell from what I have read. He took his phone to meet her but turned hers off (not his) lots of dumb errors IMO he didn't know all that much about technology - If she was alive when she left his car - they may have camera video by now. JMO

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
Cathy Russon Retweeted SLC Police Dept.

SLC PD just announced they found the body of #MacKenzieLueck in Logan Canyon. Many believed she was burned in #AyoolaAjayi's backyard as police had reported charred items and female tissue were found there. Logan Canyon is about 80 miles from Ajayi's home, near Utah State Univ

Cathy Russon added,

SLC Police Dept.Verified account @slcpd
SLCPD and @SLCountyDA will be holding a press conference on the MacKenzie Lueck case in the media briefing room at the Public Safety Building at 11:00 a.m. You can watch the press conference live on our Facebook page #MacKenzieLueck
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

New Member. I came across this site in the beginning stages of the ML case. For one reason or another this case stuck with me. I have spent hours reading each post and I have to say, this "community" assembled here is amazing. I appreciate all the knowledge and ideas presented and hope to become a valuable member here in the future.
Welcome to WS.

New Member. I came across this site in the beginning stages of the ML case. For one reason or another this case stuck with me. I have spent hours reading each post and I have to say, this "community" assembled here is amazing. I appreciate all the knowledge and ideas presented and hope to become a valuable member here in the future.
Welcome to WS. You’re already a valuable member!

And that’s it, amazing, brief, and to the point. I wonder how they found her—and without a snippet of rumor getting out to the press? Or were there rumors we just didn’t talk about, here?

I’m thinking that the d****advertiser censored** took his phone along for the ride.

What else does this imply in the way of possible evidence? Cadaver dogs going crazy over his car, for certain. Other physical evidence that she was in the trunk of his car?

Did he try to burn her? That ‘tissue they referred to in the last press conference, what was that all about?

And overall, I’m shocked and saddened, and glad for her parents sake—even though it’s no real help, but just a little.’

MOO
Or he killed her elsewhere and brought some pieces back to burn. Ritualistic?

He was dumb enough to leave his phone on when he met ML and dumb enough to text her the night before the crime. I think he'd be dumb enough to bring it when disposing of her body. I think he never thought the police would even so much as get a search warrant on him.
I agree. He’s just a box of rocks. Evil monster. He will get his.

Welcome, rmax!

Although the suitcase would have taken much longer to burn and if it was leather may have been the cause of the smell. Imo
I have, unfortunately, been around a situation after someone passed and that smell is something you will never forget and something that is entirely unique. It is just something that people would immediately recognize and not in a good way. They spent all night digging into various areas and had the body bag tarps out. There were definitely two out on the initial dig but I am not sure if they brought anything out within them but they were indeed laid out which was on the live stream from the news that day. I am going to go back and look at that initial live stream from the night in question and will pull some stills out to show what I mean.

If it is like other wooded areas it seems it would’ve been very difficult to find her without being led to the spot. I’m not familiar with the area’s topography so perhaps it is an easier area to search. I know some of you are local and can weigh in on this.

I’m very glad they found her for her family’s sake. If they did not find anything at his house that indicates Kenzie was truly there (the tissue reported earlier) will this make it easier for him to mount a defense that someone else killed her?

I hope that he was not savvy in making sure that his DNA could not be associated with her body.

If it truly is a rugged terrain I suspect someone led them to her.

Welcome to Websleuths, rmax! Look forward to hearing more from you. :)
Thank you, Gardenista. ;)

I am so relieved for her parents that they can bring their child home and give her the laying to rest that she deserves, and that they surely need to have any semblance of comfort, 'comfort' being relative when your child's life is lost.

And I realize perps aren't known for ringing up LE and announcing the location of the body, but I'm always enraged to my marrow that they are watching families suffer and LE working round the clock while they sit smugly with all the secrets. There is no consequence great enough for these predators. There is no such thing as complete full circle justice unless they can resurrect the victim. That will always be the bottom line and that's why a parent will never have true peace. You live in two worlds when your child dies - here and where they are. Might be irrational of me, but if bereaved parents got to be the judges and sentence-givers in these cases, "here" would be a better place.

Would they have bothered talking about presumption of innocence if that were the case?
He told them where the body was I think...but that's not admitting he killed her. We've all said there could be more people involved. Plus in light of what the attorney in New York is saying, chief just wants to stress that the presumption of innocence is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff