Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Police say they recovered the body of 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck near Salt Lake City, Utah on Wednesday
  • Her body was found in Logan Canyon - about 85 miles north of the city
  • Police arrested Ayoola A. Ajayi, 31, last week over Lueck's disappearance
  • Investigators had earlier found 'female human tissue' that matched Lueck's DNA in the backyard of Ajayi's Salt Lake City home
  • They also found charred items that are believed to have been Lueck's personal belongings
  • Lueck disappeared on June 17 after she returned from California for her grandmother's funeral
  • Police said she took a Lyft from the airport to a park to meet someone in the early hours of the morning
Body of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck is found | Daily Mail Online

ETA:

Every other report cites discovery of "female human tissue" and "charred items" believed to be ML's personal belonging located in AA's back yard (versus charred remains).

I'm hoping investigators located a more or less intact body in the canyon.

MOO

But now, police are searching for items that were not found in the home. Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown told reporters Thursday that they are looking for a mattress and box spring that were given away from the home last week. Brown asked that whoever took them contact the Salt Lake City Police Department.

Cops Search for Mattress Possibly Linked to Missing Utah Student as Her Instagram Account Shows New Activity
Did they ever say they had the mattress? I thought they said they were no longer looking but I don't know if that meant they found it or not.

I tried to edit my post but it was too late... i just posted a new comment. I never mentioned it was a foster home, someone else did.

I know you didn't say it.

I wouldn't worry about it, it sounds like a few people have been able to find both things online, what you said, and what someone else said.

Jmo.

We know that WP is not foolproof and/or accurate because Logan, UT is not AA's current address!

But I still believe AA's name was not there when you looked a few days ago, and somebody wants to intentionally link AA with fb friend -- probably has future plans for this pair. And they're probably not good intentions... o_O

MOO

I know WP is not accurate... i will try to use wayback machine (as someone suggested) and see if it's possible to check when the address was updated or uploaded.

I just saw the news. My heart is so sad that they have finally confirmed definitively what we already knew.

My heart goes out to Kenzie’s friends and family, again, but I’m relieved they can finally bring her home. And he will rot in prison for a very long time.

Do we know what time the neighbors said he started the fire on June 17? They reported he had two fires on the 17th and 18th, and I thought it was morning, but I'm not sure what time.

Much about the backyard fires were by local network video news clips, and difficult if not impossible to locate but I do recall at least one reported as a morning fire according to a neighbor witness. It was also clear that these were two separate days of fire, and not one long burning fire.

MOO

That's just it, though. In order for him to say that on the legal record, he'd have to take the stand or give a full accounting of how, after she died, he still desecrated her body, failed to render aid, and was involved in a drug overdose (which is itself a serious felony). In fact, he would then be exposed to a second degree murder charge or possibly first degree (I don't know Utah law).

If you were on a jury, you'd have evidence of her DNA in various places around the house but particularly in the burn pit. So, you'd convict on a lesser charge involving joint use of drugs, use of drugs in his house, subsequent overdose, failure to render aid, and a charge of second degree homicide?

And would you buy the defense's claim that she was the drug dealer and had brought her drugs through security on an airplane?

Even though he failed to cooperate with the police, hid evidence, burned two batches of evidence in his backyard? The last two are also felonies. So you'd at least convict on those, right?

Utah does not have the typical 1st degree, 2nd degree murder charges.

The charges are only murder, or aggravated murder, and the latter has the possibility of the death penalty.

Now, if they can prove murder, aggravated murder is going to be incredibly easy to prove—even if he did not burn or dismember her, he definitely threw her body out in a way that qualifies as “desecration of a corpse,” which is one thing that turns murder into aggravated murder.

As for murder—we don’t know what LE has. But, I think you’re right—Utah has a ‘felony murder’ law—so, if she died in the course of a kidnapping, or possibly even if the course of a drug overdose from drugs he supplied to her—that’s murder. Now that they’ve found her body, they may even have her cause of death—which I suspect is more violent than a drug overdose.

If this goes to trial, I’d bet anything that his lawyer would not want him to take the stand. The lawyer would, however, try to fantasize some sort of story to explain what happened, and would try to present it to the jury. I’d hope that the jury would have the common sense to not believe a lawyer’s fantasy, based on no evidence at all.

Edited to add an afterthought: Utah allows for homicides that are not murder at all—I was just trying to look at the possibilities that involved murder.

Last edited:
I just had a horrible thought, what if he gave her a hysterectomy of sorts to remove his DNA from her? That would be tissue without bone to burn and may not have burned completely.

Are they able to still do toxicology tests on a body that has been exposed to the elements for several weeks?

The charges are only murder, or aggravated murder, and the latter has the possibility of the death penalty.

Utah also has negligent homicide (essentially 3rd degree murder in other states). In mose states 2nd degree murder is manslaughter.

Utah has manslaughter.

So yes, Utah does have lesser charges if in fact she killed herself and he panicked. He would not then be reasonably charged with first degree or aggravated murder.

Manslaughter and negligent homicide still exist in Utah.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter5/76-5-P2.html

Do we know what time the neighbors said he started the fire on June 17? They reported he had two fires on the 17th and 18th, and I thought it was morning, but I'm not sure what time.
I'd really like to pin down the time of the fire on the 18th.

I'm wondering if it went like this (speculation):

June 17
3am meets ML
murders ML
fire in the morning to burn some evidence (perhaps body and/or parts)
takes body/parts to Logan Canyon and dumps there
drives back home, sleeps for the night

June 18
second fire to burn whatever evidence he still had

jmopinion at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors