Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he almost certainly would have had to use a tarp or something along those lines.

Regardless, I expect his vehicle to be a forensic gold mine.

I am beginning to get a gut feeling that this will never go to trial. If AA did not give up her location in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table, and I am constantly flipping back and forth on this, then I believe as soon as he sees the large amount of evidence against him, I think he will agree to plead guilty to any and all charges, hoping that will get him LWOP. But if he does, it will not be to spare her loved ones a trial, it will be because he won't be able to face one. JMO

Last edited:
I’m a little surprised that SLC police were able to keep all of this under wraps until today. Secondary scene, requests for dive gear, there had to be movement of personnel out of town.

Perhaps people no longer were watching their every move since they assumed that there was nothing left to find after the backyard fires and arrest?

If he had google maps on his phone, then they probably had a forensic detective and a warrant for Google records. Most people don't realize that google maps sends data to Google all the time. For an interesting look at how this led to discovery of a body in California, listen to To Live and Die in LA (not affiliated with the podcast!)

Where I work, it's now standard to run on POI's if any shred of evidence can go to a judge for a warrant, at least in serious cases.

Personally, I think this suspect is in fact pretty dumb. They've taken down his geology assignment from Course Hero, but...yeah, I'd say he's pretty dumb.

I don't think any prosecutor in their right mind would cut a deal until the evidence phase has slowed down to nearly nothing and for a good period of time after that. He hasn't even been arraigned.

In this day and age, clothing and jewelry are only a tentative identification. DNA is the gold standard, so to speak.

MOO, of course

Speaking of jewelry. I noticed she has on heart necklaces in her
missing poster. Other photos too.
Her hand is in front of her neck in the airport image capture.
I wonder if she did have on a necklace that night & what if anything
he did with it.

Last known person texting with missing Utah student Mackenzie Lueck is cooperating with investigation: police

Maybe that’s a ring?

MOO

If he had google maps on his phone, then they probably had a forensic detective and a warrant for Google records. Most people don't realize that google maps sends data to Google all the time. For an interesting look at how this led to discovery of a body in California, listen to To Live and Die in LA (not affiliated with the podcast!)

Where I work, it's now standard to run on POI's if any shred of evidence can go to a judge for a warrant, at least in serious cases.

Personally, I think this suspect is in fact pretty dumb. They've taken down his geology assignment from Course Hero, but...yeah, I'd say he's pretty dumb.

I don't think any prosecutor in their right mind would cut a deal until the evidence phase has slowed down to nearly nothing and for a good period of time after that. He hasn't even been arraigned.

Interesting. Geology and a canyon.

Well, he at least burned part of her body since they found charred human tissue which belonged to her. Imo
Blood Tissue: Blood is a connective tissue that has a fluid matrix, called plasma, and no fibers. Erythrocytes (red blood cells), the predominant cell type, are involved in the transport of oxygen and carbon dioxide. Also present are various leukocytes (white blood cells) involved in immune response.
33.2C: Connective Tissues: Bone, Adipose, and Blood

Like I said before it is possible that he killed her on the bed and if the mattress was covered with plastic and had a mattress cover on it and that was wadded up and burned it might have been intact enough, like her possessions, that they were able to get a dna match from it.

I think that we are dealing with info on someone that came from a very different culture background so they think different, I think that makes it harder to guess what he might have done than if it was someone that was either born here or raised from a very young age here.

MOO he seems arrogant. MOO he felt he could do whatever he wanted without anyone looking in to it. Sadly he could have been right, if his victim had been disenfranchised. I think his biggest mistake was that he thought she was a person no one cared about.
I tend to agree. Very similar to his attitude in his conversation with the neighbor: "I can water when I want, who’s going to do anything about it?”

SLC residents talk about neighbor accused of murdering MacKenzie Lueck

I agree. I’d guess that it had something to do with his phone. Maybe he turned his phone off when he got up there. Maybe he did a Google Maps search to check how long the drive would be. (I know he’d lived up there, but he might not have been driving back and forth regularly.)
Im sure after hours and hours of grueling interrogations they wore him down to give up location of her body with DP off the table.

I got the link here, so I assume it's okay to post:

https://www.coursehero.com/file/18686382/Assignment-3-Ayoola-Ajayi/#/related

Thing is, I had to send them academic credentials to be able to see it. The site is designed for students to upload papers they think will help other students in a particular course; and for profs to upload papers they think are good examples. I think.

You can see the first page though, for free. It doesn't get any better. He never once talks about Mirror Lake in Utah. He does write about Flint, MI and its water issues (in a very superficial way, as if he was listening to the news story and just stuck it in there).

Regarding the picture of her at the airport, it looks like her face is puffy
and or swollen. It really doesn't look like her. Any comments?
She had been at a funeral. Just got off a plane. At 2am.

I think she was tired and had been crying all weekend. IMO she looks beautiful! Wish I looked like that after a funeral for family, and a red eye flight.

She had been out there for a long time (since June 16-18) and possibly in the water. The weather has been between the high 70s to upper 80s. I can only imagine the shape her remains were in regardless of whether or not he burned her.

The waterways is snowmelt and freezing cold. It is also flowing fast and furious right now. I'm not sure divers would venture into it. Perhaps there was a pond nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holidayhouse