Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I'm not saying you're wrong - and I'm not saying it ultimately matters a dang vs. what went down - but I don't know how that question from Sydney, automatically equates to "SL didn't know that AT existed"; and I'm not sure how the reporter came to that conclusion. Largely because it seems to me, that the primary situation in which you'd ask someone "So, it's just going to be me and you...right?"; implies that you know the possibility of a third person actually exists; because how else do you know to ask? Wouldn't it be your default conclusion that "a date" means two people? Maybe BB said something as simple and offhand as "sometimes my roommate joins in"; and SL thought "ugh".

Again, I'm not sure it matters for testimony, but a lack of logic always bugs me...

JMO, in the nearly 140 messages exchanged between BB and Sydney, there was no mention of AT, per the FBI agent's testimony at trial.

Why did Sydney ask BB to confirm it would just be the two of them on the second date? I don't think anyone knows why. It could have been Sydney's intuition was trying to tell her there was something "off" about BB. It could be that BB may have told Sydney about other women she was involved with. We do know that BB lied to her and said it would just be the two of them.

It appears to me the three young women who testified thought BB was gay and then BB cleverly brought AT into the mix. JMO, these women were targeted to be in the "lifestyle" of AT and BB. JMO, Sydney was targeted from the get-go to be the victim in their murder fantasy. My thoughts are Sydney thought BB was gay and she knew nothing about AT.

The conclusion of this trial will be interesting and I'm especially interested in hearing what the defense has to say.

JMO

FWIW, I never thought SL didn't know of the EXISTENCE of AT. What I said was that it seems she didn't AGREE to do anything with him.

I'm saying essentially what you just said - she wouldn't ask if it the 2nd date was only going to be BB and SL unless BB had previously mentioned another possibility. From that assumption, I am thinking BB brought up the idea of doing something with AT and SL wasn't interested. This differs from what I previously thought (that SL did agree to do something with AT for money).

I think we're all thinking the same thing.

jmo
If SL meeting up withBB followed the same scenario as the other 3 girls the 2nd date usually involves AT. I don’t think Sydney was into that and that’s why she asked if it would be just the 2 of them. I think it was in testimony stating that BB called AT shortly after she picked SL up. If I remember the AT /FBI interview correctly I think AT said she did call and was coming to Wilber to pick up some weed. Per his testimony (which I think is a lie) BB and SL came into house and he started talking to SL about $ problems etc and at that point initiated the conversation about a sex film and it went from there. I believe that to be another lie out of AT’s mouth to support his story. I think the murder ( probably torture) was all planned and probably filmed , but BB had to get SL there to Wilber and that was the best way to get her there
JMO

If SL meeting up withBB followed the same scenario as the other 3 girls the 2nd date usually involves AT. I don’t think Sydney was into that and that’s why she asked if it would be just the 2 of them. I think it was in testimony stating that BB called AT shortly after she picked SL up. If I remember the AT /FBI interview correctly I think AT said she did call and was coming to Wilber to pick up some weed. Per his testimony (which I think is a lie) BB and SL came into house and he started talking to SL about $ problems etc and at that point initiated the conversation about a sex film and it went from there. I believe that to be another lie out of AT’s mouth to support his story. I think the murder ( probably torture) was all planned and probably filmed , but BB had to get SL there to Wilber and that was the best way to get her there
JMO

Do you know if LE was able to verify whether BB actually called him when they were on their way to Wilber?

Do you know if LE was able to verify whether BB actually called him when they were on their way to Wilber?
I thought I heard that in the LPD detectives testimony where he testified to all phone activity but I don’t have it in my notes so I can’t say for sure. I might have just remembered AT’s story

I'm messed up with the dates too - and which (witch) witnesses were where and when.

Anyone have a good enough understanding to do a quick timeline of the pertinent November dates with all the players included?

tia

Witchnesses. AH left before anything happened. KB was home at the time according to FBI. The third one, had flakey memory so not reliable IMO. Exact dates cannot seem to be pinned down but maybe @JenniD may have a better idea as she was at court I think.

So if there were no other girls present, why was Sydney murdered and dismembered? What was the motive unless it was for money? (The $1 million snuff film mentioned ). AT and BB are in it for money so money has to be the motive IMO.

This article is chilling. It is about organized and disorganized serial predators and the FBI's profiling of each category. The motive behind these kind of murderers is either lust or torture.

We don't know if AT or BB have ever killed before but there are aspects of Sydney's murder that follows what profilers state about serial killers, IMO. It might be possible that Sydney was their first murder victim and they got caught before they could commit another. JMO.

IMO, Sydney's murder has aspects of organization, but, there are some aspects of disorganization as well. In terms of being organized, the Wilber apartment had very little, if any, blood evidence. AT and BB purchased what was needed for dismemberment and to clean the apartment of forensic evidence, prior to Sydney's murder.

But they left an electronic trail. BB left an electronic footprint via Tinder that connected her to Sydney. Both AT and BB were seen on video security at Home Depot buying the tools needed for the dismemberment before Sydney was murdered. BB left her cell phone on when they disposed of Sydney's remains.

In the attached article, it states:
"It is also important to note that a serial murder case can also be a mix of organized and disorganized. This occasionally occurs, for example, when there are multiple offenders of different personality types involved in the killings."

Organized Versus Disorganized Serial Predators

After Sydney's murder, AT was paying very close attention to the media and social media and what was being said about he and BB. He made two videos with BB and published them online. After his arrest, AT engaged in several media interviews. Dennis Rader (BTK) is an example of an organized serial killer. He acted alone, but like AT, Rader wanted attention and he engaged with the media and that is what got him caught.

My thoughts are the motivation behind Sydney's murder was lust and possibly torture. This is all JMO.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Local news station creates link for all stories regarding SL murder
The Aubrey Trail Trial

I'm going to do a "Mod Alert" for this link! Good find JenniD! And I wanted to thank you for going to court & reporting back to us!
97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif

And since we are OVER 1200 posts - I'll ask for a new thread for Monday's start of trial again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998