Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning Graphic:

There is most certainly the factor of dismemberment for easier burning, so to speak, which I was just going to add to my above post; however I’m still not sure if the “body” they found was in fact dismembered.

Of course it doesn’t change anything, but it certainly is relevant to the investigation as far as identifying COD, etc. And again, we want every piece of the puzzle.

Whether or not she was dismembered is important also, because if she was, then there might be additional forensic evidence for the prosecution (for example, tissue in the drains, blood evidence, etc).
I'm feeling that he didn't dismember her because they said they found her body. If it was in pieces I think it would have been scattered. But they found her body. jmo

My 'theory':
1. ML was killed at his home.
2. AA burnt her body to try make it unidentifiable underneath her personal belongings and luggage.
3. Neighbors complained of putrid smoke. He told them he was 'almost done'. (on the 18th). He didn't want them to get any snoopier.
4. Arrogantly feeling he's outsmarted LE because no police have shown up. He removed her burnt body, wrapped it.
5. By at least Thursday that week, he transported her unrecognizable body to Logan Canyon. He did not have to go far off the road to dump it, because in his mind he felt they would focus on finding a killer in Logan and not in SLC. In his mind he was free & clear.
6. He covered the burn pit. Listed his mattresses.
7. He watched tv reports of ML missing and 'patted himself on the shoulder 5 days later for being such a brilliant killer'. No LE were at his door he was 'safe'.
8. He went into week 2 (June 24) even more confident that he did not cancel his reserved AirBnB guy.
9. LE were extremely careful in releasing info on things such as what the Lyft driver told them or not. BUT meanwhile they already had AA identified, and under surveillance before their first meet up with him.
10. Charred human tissue was found in the burnpit, when they knew the rest of her body wasn't there, they knew its somewhere else, and thus their brilliant work which has led them to Logan Canyon.
11. Remember the car being taken away. I would bet the LE have checked the tires and under of the car for grasses, dirt and other material from Logan Canyon. Also tire tracks on the road.
12. LE asked Logan police for diving equip to be on hand but they didn't need it, because they found her quickly and did not say she was in water. Thus why it makes sense if she was found on road 348.
Lucky #13: I don't think he told them, I think they and FBI used every tool available to them and were able to isolate her drop in Logan Canyon. Yes people say there is no cell service or cameras there....However - there are dams. When 911 occurred - cameras were installed at all hydro dams.
All the above is MOO

In the last thread I had mentioned that a few things give me pause when considering if this was indeed a premeditated act.

@Mentalheadslap2018 , you had said you were curious as to my thoughts on this.

Well, we all know that there are some very very dumb criminals out there. Jay Leno even had a whole spiel about this on his show. (“What do we all love? Stupid criminals!”) We’ve certainly seen our share of them here.

What gives me some pause though, is again his phone—texting with her at the airport, allowing for his phone to show his location at the park a minute within her phone, retaining pictures of her on his phone, burning stuff on his property...it just seems soooooo stupid if he had had indeed put a lot of thought into it. I don’t know how he could have overlooked this (location data, etc), especially with his at least basic computer skills.

I do tend to think he had sinister plans from the get-get go, but then how could he be that stupid? It just doesn’t seem like he did a lot to cover his tracks if he had planned this out. Moo.

Idk...

Perhaps AA was under the influence of drugs/alcohol, and was 'out of his mind'.
Certain drugs are known to cause very aggressive behaviour.
Besides all the evidence we have noted with his horrid 'on line' performances, he probably became more unstable, and acted on his many fantasies, that have been in his head, for a long time.
Now, out of control, AA acted out ML's murder, one he had perhaps given a great deal of thought, recently.
Premeditation can also occur, when in an agitated state, I would think.
Hope the ******* is 'torn apart' legally.
MOO.

My 'theory':
2. AA burnt her body to try make it unidentifiable underneath her personal belongings and luggage.
3. Neighbors complained of putrid smoke. He told them he was 'almost done'. (on the 18th).
4. Arrogantly feeling he's outsmarted LE because no police have shown up. He removed her burnt body, wrapped it.
5. By at least Thursday that week, he transported her unrecognizable body to Logan Canyon. He did not have to go far off the road to dump it, because in his mind he felt they would focus on finding a killer in Logan and not in SLC. In his mind he was free & clear.
7. He watched tv reports of ML missing and 'patted himself on the shoulder 5 days later for being such a brilliant killer'. No LE were at his door he was 'safe'.
8. He went into week 2 (June 24) even more confident that he did not cancel his reserved AirBnB guy.
9. LE were extremely careful in releasing info on things such as what the Lyft driver told them or not. BUT meanwhile they already had AA identified, and under surveillance before their first meet up with him.
10. Charred human tissue was found in the burnpit, when they knew the rest of her body wasn't there, they knew its somewhere else, and thus their brilliant work which has led them to Logan Canyon.
11. Remember the car being taken away. I would bet the LE have checked the tires and under of the car for grasses, dirt and other material from Logan Canyon. Also tire tracks on the road.
12. LE asked Logan police for diving equip to be on hand but they didn't need it, because they found her quickly and did not say she was in water. Thus why it makes sense if she was found on road 348.
Lucky #13: I don't think he told them, I think they and FBI used every tool available to them and were able to isolate her drop in Logan Canyon. Yes people say there is no cell service or cameras there....However - there are dams. When 911 occurred - cameras were installed at all hydro dams.
All the above is MOO
#13.... whoa

My 'theory':
3. Neighbors complained of putrid smoke. He told them he was 'almost done'. (on the 18th). He didn't want them to get any snoopier.
All the above is MOO

Great post. :)

My 'theory':
All the above is MOO

Thank you Optics.:):):)
I think your points may be spot on, so carefully thought out.
When we have more evidence available, you will get a 'pat on the back'.

Does anyone know if she had an iPhone? And if she had an agreement with her parents that she had to have find a person on with them? My boyfriend had that agreement with his college/high school age daughter with her iPhone- he could look up at anytime to get GPS on her! Is this why LE originally asked ML if she wanted to be left alone in plea to her on tv....? Did ML tell AA her parents tracked her?

Bottom line- I’m fearful others knew of his presence in her world and were concerned. Her actions that night seem like sneaking around- sadly, trying to not get caught at something- in a perfect world it can be a fun thing to do on a summer night—-ML did not meet a stranger in the park at 3 am - moo-

And it's not like she was going to tell her mother about her plans - hey, just landed and now I'm going to meet someone at the park. I also wonder if she lied to her mother in the text; instead of telling her she "landed," she told her she was "home." (The flight was late.) As mentioned before by others, usually when your kid goes back to school, you have them text when they land and when they make it home. The second text is the more important one. Obviously, they landed if they got on the plane (you'd know about a plane crash). The text I'm more interested in is the one that states they're home - especially if it's a late night flight.

I'm feeling that he didn't dismember her because they said they found her body. If it was in pieces I think it would have been scattered. But they found her body. jmo

I was thinking how they said this with Jessica as well when she was first found, “body” found. I found the strength to check on the exact wording, and came across this article, which I had tooootally forgotten about: :(

Body in Jessica Ridgeway Search 'Not Intact'

But note their use of “body”:

“Police worked overnight under the floodlights of a fire truck as the body was carried out after dark on a stretcher. The body was found about seven miles from Jessica's home and close to where her backpack was discovered.”

—-

I wonder if there will be any further comments from LE on the condition of her body found. We may not hear anything from them about this until trial.

This is just horrific all round. I hope the desecration is as minimal as possible for her family’s sake and for LE/prosecution’s sake so there is as much evidence as possible.

He’ll still go down for murder and tampering with a deceased body, whatever the case is.

Last edited:
#13.... whoa
I live in Canada in an area with 7 hydro dams. Something kept gnawing at me catching up on everything tonight and location....when I saw it was found between dam #2 & dam #3 (and close to #2) - also my husband has worked on numerous hydro projects. I know there are cameras, the public doesn't know where they are located (clearly for security) but it hit me after 911 all these 'key' areas in the USA and Canada were 'secured'. I could be totally off and time will tell when all the details come out, but that's how I'm thinking they may have narrowed down where he dumped her body. That poor poor lady, what a most heinous act he committed, no conscience. It's sickening.

WARNING: a horrid thought.

When ML's body was found, LE may know 'what happened' in the burning process.

Hope AA didn't burn ML using the method, he wrote about in his book.
MOO.

Usually in cases, and in this one as well, one of our first comments/questions is “I wonder what else has this perp done?!”, especially if he has a few years on them.

This is one of the few cases where he seems so stupid about everything I actually wonder if it was his first actual murder, despite his age.

I think this could go either way though on that.

Last edited:
In the last thread I had mentioned that a few things give me pause when considering if this was indeed a premeditated act.

@Mentalheadslap2018 , you had said you were curious as to my thoughts on this.

Well, we all know that there are some very very dumb criminals out there. Jay Leno even had a whole spiel about this on his show. (“What do we all love? Stupid criminals!”) We’ve certainly seen our share of them here.

What gives me some pause though, is again his phone—texting with her at the airport, allowing for his phone to show his location at the park a minute within her phone, retaining pictures of her on his phone, burning stuff on his property...it just seems soooooo stupid if he had had indeed put a lot of thought into it. I don’t know how he could have overlooked this (location data, etc), especially with his at least basic computer skills.

I do tend to think he had sinister plans from the get-get go, but then how could he be that stupid? It just doesn’t seem like he did a lot to cover his tracks if he had planned this out. Moo.

Idk...
I think how stupid other murders have been. CW buried SW in a shallow grave on property where he worked as well as putting his precious daughters in oil tanks there. I could cite more. MOO this was premeditated. He lured her to him.

WARNING: a horrid thought.

When ML's body was found, LE may know 'what happened' in the burning process.

Hope AA didn't burn ML using the method, he wrote about in his book.
MOO.

Man. :(

I didn’t read his book (even though @MassGuy was so disappointed it got pulled and he didn’t get to finish it), but I can read between the lines here.

God Forbid.

Man.

Gosh I hope her family is not haunted with all these awful thoughts and questions—-how could they not be..:(...I hope they’re able to somehow put such things out of their minds....:(

Bless them. It’s just unimaginable, unspeakable, all of this.

:(

——

I think how stupid other murders have been. CW buried SW in a shallow grave on property where he worked as well as putting his precious daughters in oil tanks there. I could cite more. MOO this was premeditated. He lured her to him.

“Lure” is indeed a key word here.

True dat on our resident idiot. Well said.

Last edited:
IMO I believe a pathologist/forensics determined that the amount of human tissue indicated so small of an amount, appeared to be a failed burn, and determined the majority of remains to be elsewhere. Through cell phone data, interrogation or some other means ultimately found her remains. IMO there was enough of a person to be identified so quickly. I think he attempted, then realized it wasn’t as easy as he thought and ditched the idea. They had his vehicle as well and quite fast. I think that helped too. MOO

“Other charred material was located which has now been forensically determined to be female human tissue,” said the chief.
[...]
Police confiscated “27 boxes of AR-15 223 ammunition and a pitchfork,” from Ajayi’s residence, according to KUTV.

Ayoola Ajayi: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

920x920.jpg

The Latest: Suspect in Utah killing had been accused of rape

Note - we don't know if those are his garden tools or if they belong to LE. He's not wearing protective gloves if they are evidence.

At the moment I'm leaning towards he did not dismember her body, even though that is an alarmingly frequent feature of such horrific murder cases. The reason I think he likely did not is that I think if LE had seen anything that resembled what could be identified by the naked eye as body tissue, or even a large amount of blood somewhere on the property, he would have been held in custody the first time. If not only to stop him from committing suicide even if they had his location covered at all times. I think the charred tissue they later identified was most likely skin cells found in either a scraping from his fire/garden tools, ie the pitchfork, or from analysis of the fire ashes. Ashes is least likely in my opinion, it's harder to imagine being able to obtain a DNA profile that survived in them. I imagine he tried to burn her and used a fork or something to prod/move/keep her covered from sight with other items, so he didn't get too close to the fire.

I'm thinking he could have changed his story to he took her to his house, they spent time together, he took her home but she left her suitcase in his car so he burned it either when he heard she was missing or - if before she was reported missing - because he didn't want to be bothered taking it back to her. Her hairbrush for instance could explain hair in the fire. I think they had to find the tissue in their lab, and identify the DNA, before they could arrest him.

IMO and Speculation

Last edited:
Dismemberment seems to find it’s way into some cases for unknown reasons.?

I hate to give this visual. But, wouldn’t dismemberment be extremely bloody and messy? Wouldn’t blood be mentioned more?
Assuming this is (hopefully) his first murder... is it common for a first time murderer to actually dismember someone?

Anyone familiar enough with Kias to know which model and sub-model AA had? Looking at the Kia website some models come standard or with optional Navigation and Traffic devices.

Not familiar with those devices but does anyone know if they are always on? Great for tracking vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken