Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to see the Hannah Graham timeline and how the first few days played out. His early charges did not include murder. I read in one of the articles about them finding Hannah’s DNA-I know there was blood-and his DNA on an article of clothing in his apartment. Not sure that I even know if she was ever in that apartment, since he had roommates. There is a lot that we many never know about this case.

I'm not sure if this has been posted. I don't remember seeing this. Looks like another woman has come forward who almost went on a date with AA in late April after meeting him on Tinder but got weird vibes and unmatched.

Woman recounts almost going on date with suspected killer

sounds like my situation too - he was very eager to meet in person and not at all eager to learn anything about me - although I unmatched without giving him any notice so he didn't have a chance to get belligerent or call me names, it wouldn't have surprised me. It's clear now that all his profile pictures were pretty old/misleading, too.

Here's a timeline of the events leading up to and after MacKenzie Lueck's disappearance:

Monday, June 17

Lueck texted her parents at 1 a.m. to say her plane had arrived safely at the Salt Lake City International Airport. Instead of going home, Lueck took a Lyft to Hatch Park in North Salt Lake. She was last seen in the early hours of the morning near the residence [Park drop off location].

The driver went on to pick up other riders that night, according to a statement by the company.

Between June 17 and June 20

Lueck missed her mid-term exam at the University of Utah.

Thursday, June 20

The 23-year-old was reported missing to the Salt Lake City Police Department.

Saturday, June 22

Police said they were concerned for Lueck's safety, but claimed they had no evidence to indicate that the woman has been harmed or is in danger. Both Lyft and the driver are cooperating with the investigation, police said.

Lueck's family shared this statement about the search:

"Our primary goal is to find and bring her home. Her family is grateful for the concern, prayers and the tireless efforts of the Salt Lake City Police and members of the community."

Friends and family continued to search for Lueck.

Juliana Cauley told CBS News that "it's not like her to go off the grid, and if she did, then she would tell me. I would do anything to get her back. And honestly, I would trade places with her in a heartbeat just to know she's safe."

Sunday, June 23

Lueck didn't board her return flight home to California.

Monday, June 24

The search for and investigation into Lueck's disappearance continued.

2News Reporter Cristina Flores spoke to Sgt. Brandon Shearer with the Salt Lake City Police Department about Lueck's disappearance.

Shearer said over the weekend and on Monday, officers searched several places in North Salt Lake--the last place where Lueck was seen. They are also knocking on doors to rule out if anyone near Hatch Park had contact with Lueck, Assistant Chief Tim Doubt with SLCPD said. Police are in the process of checking social media and writing search warrants.

"An adult has the right to not be found, but the longer this investigation goes on and she is missing this obviously increases the possible threat to her and the possibility that she is somewhere she doesn't want to be," Shearer said.

They don't believe she was there for long or stayed at Hatch Park.

The University of Utah released a statement about the senior attending its institution. It reads as follows:

"The University of Utah is deeply concerned about the well-being of Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck and her family. The university is cooperating with the Salt Lake City Police Department, which is investigating her disappearance. Mackenzie is enrolled part-time as a senior at the U, and is majoring in kinesiology and pre-nursing and minoring in health. She has been enrolled at the U since fall 2014. Because of privacy laws that protect Mackenzie’s personal information, the university cannot provide further details. The university’s dean of students has spoken with Mackenzie’s family to offer support and to express the campus community’s shared hope for her safe return. The dean’s office is also talking with and providing support to Mackenzie’s classmates."

Lyft released a statement late Monday afternoon:

"We recognize how scary this must be for those who know and love Ms. Lueck. The safety of our community is fundamental to Lyft and we are actively assisting law enforcement with their investigation."

Lueck's family also released a statement:

"Mackenzie Lueck has been missing since Monday, June 17, when she landed at the Salt Lake City airport in the early morning. She was last heard from at 1:00 am, when she texted her parents that her flight had landed safely. Since Monday, she has missed her midterms at the University of Utah and has not been in communication with family or friends. We are aware that she had planned to fly from Salt Lake City airport to the Los Angeles airport at some point on Sunday, June 23."

"Our primary goal is to find Mackenzie and bring her home. Her family is grateful for the concern, prayers and the tireless efforts of the Salt Lake City Police and members of the community."

"Mackenzie is 5’6” tall, 120 pounds with a slim/athletic build, medium length blonde hair and brown eyes."

"If you have seen Mackenzie, or have any knowledge or information of her whereabouts since Monday, June 17, please contact the Salt Lake City Police Department at (801) 799-3000."

Police set up a tip line to help them find Lueck.

The number to call with any tips about Lueck or her whereabouts is 801-799-4420. Officers are manning the line.

Tuesday, June 25

Police released surveillance photos of Lueck at the Salt Lake City International Airport, showing the clothes she was last known to be wearing.

The FBI was contacted about her missing status.

Police said Lueck had three prior interactions with police, including a moving violation, an assault and found property in January. All of those cases were resolved and are not expected to be related to her disappearance.

"We continue to look into all facets of her life that might have led to her disappearance," Doubt said.

He mentioned other possible social media accounts and reporters at the press conference asked follow up questions but Doubt told reporters there is no indication of further social media activity, but said it was part of the widespread investigation into her disappearance.

After the press conference, news broke that the cameras at Hatch Park where Lueck was last seen were not working on the morning she disappeared.

“We have some cameras that are active,” Len Arave, mayor of North Salt Lake, told 2News, “and we’ve given that to the Salt Lake City Police Department, and we have some cameras that I’d consider dummy cameras.”

Wednesday, June 26

Officers surrounded a home in Salt Lake City to execute a search warrant.

Police confirmed at a press conference at 10 p.m. the search warrant was related to the Lueck case.

They did not elaborate further on what was happening at the home located at 547 N. 1000 W. The investigation is ongoing.

Police were seen searching and photographing boxes and areas of garbage. They were also talking to the homeowner.

2News searched the history of the home and found it’s listed on Airbnb.

The homeowner is a Utah State University graduate who served in the military and is a freelance model, according to his social media pages.

Thursday, June 27

Dozens of boxes of ammunition were found inside the Salt Lake City home allegedly connected to Lueck.

Police have booked a gardening tool and several other items into evidence, a 2News crew saw at the scene.

The owner of the home where police served a search warrant is considered a person of interest in Lueck’s disappearance.

According to Chief Mike Brown with the Salt Lake City Police Department, no arrests have been made. However, the homeowner has talked with detectives.

Several people contacted police to report a mattress and a box spring was given away by the homeowner. The items were possibly given away from a person at 547 N. 1000 W.

The person(s) who picked up these items are encouraged to call SLCPD at 801-799-3000.

"We need the help of the public in this case," Brown said.

The police chief did not confirm what led authorities to house nor did he say that the homeowner was the person Lueck met on the morning she disappeared.

Brown said this case is a digital and forensic investigation. Authorities will continue to follow the digital footprint that's laid out in texting apps and other sources.

The homeowner's neighbor told 2News that he'd "be shocked if he was involved in this." The neighbor described the person of interest as a "very nice guy" who is "well-behaved" and "quiet."

Friday, June 28

A person was taken into custody in connection to Lueck's disappearance, according to SLCPD.

Police have not confirmed who the person is.

SLCPD announced at an 11:30 a.m. press conference that Ayoola Ajayi, the owner of the owner of the home in Fairpark searched by police for the past two days in the missing case of MacKenzie Lueck, has been arrested and booked for aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, and desecration of a body.

Friday, July 5

The body of MacKenzie Lueck has been found and recovered from Logan Canyon, Salt Lake City Police say.

The investigation in the Lueck case continues.

District Attorney Sim Gill says his office is screening charges for Lueck's suspected killer, Ayoola Ajayi.

Timeline: Events surrounding the disappearance, search for missing U of U student

Mackenzie Lueck: A timeline of what we know about the Utah student's disappearance

Full Timeline Update: the disappearance, search, and murder of MacKenzie Lueck

Timeline of missing student Mackenzie Lueck's movements in Salt Lake City before disappearance

Last edited:
Please tell me if you can, what was found out about the mattress that they recovered? I guess somehow I missed that announcement. With this new information of finding KenziesK body, I'm hoping it will shed some light on how she died. This whole case has thrown me . I am starting to question everything about it. I am really curious to find out what brought them to Logan canyon to where they recovered her body in the first place. I read in one article that she was found in a stream? Was she clothed? Did her body look like it had been burnt? Nothing was said about the condition of her body when it was found. SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS.

But what human tissue was found in the bonfire that wasn’t burned to a crisp? This does not make sense to me.

In any bonfire there are always pockets, voids, and crevices within the fire pit.

Some of her tissue may have been underneath something that did not completely burn protecting the human tissue beneath it.

Jmoo

I think he always planned to kill her, but that he is arrogant and assumed he wouldn't get caught. I also think something--or multiple things--didn't go according to plan, and he is a terrible improviser.

Ita. Arrogance is a typical downfall of psychopaths. These types are so shocked when there is an outcry over the victim. Because they cannot comprehend love, caring, and empathy. They view their victim as an inatimate object to be used to serve them. Their need is all they care about and to them it is worth the risk. They don't care about their victim, why would anyone else? Wrong!

Then you have the smart psychopath vs the dumb one. The smart ones run corporations and become world leaders. The dumb ones end up in prison. And this dude was dumb!

I don't know if this is the vehicle or not

showImage

A police officer collects evidence in the parking lot of an apartment complex where Ayoola A. Ajayi was taken into custody in connection with missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck Friday, June 28, 2019, in Salt Lake City. Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown said, Friday that Ajayi was being charged with aggravated murder, kidnapping and desecration of a body in the death of 23-year-old student. (AP Photo/Rick Bowmer)

Missing Student Utah - Photos - BULGARIAN NEWS AGENCY

I believe AA's vehicle was confiscated a couple days prior to his arrest when search warrants were issued and served.

A search warrant was served Wednesday at the suspect's home, where investigators said multiple items of evidence were discovered and reviewed by detectives.

They also removed a vehicle from the home. Police have also been searching for a mattress given away from the residence last week.

MacKenzie Lueck case: Utah police arrest man on suspicion of kidnapping, murder of SoCal college student

“Other charred material was located which has now been forensically determined to be female human tissue,” said the chief.
[...]
Po

At the moment I'm leaning towards he did not dismember her body, even though that is an alarmingly frequent feature of such horrific murder cases. The reason I think he likely did not is that I think if LE had seen anything that resembled what could be identified by the naked eye as body tissue, or even a large amount of blood somewhere on the property, he would have been held in custody the first time. If not only to stop him from committing suicide even if they had his location covered at all times. I think the charred tissue they later identified was most likely skin cells found in either a scraping from his fire/garden tools, ie the pitchfork, or from analysis of the fire ashes. TRUNCATED BY ME
Exactly- after that first search they had nothing that they could hold him on; to keep him from killing himself, fleeing, tampering with evidence, or harming someone else. They also did not seal off that yard.

Please tell me if you can, what was found out about the mattress that they recovered? I guess somehow I missed that announcement. With this new information of finding KenziesK body, I'm hoping it will shed some light on how she died. This whole case has thrown me . I am starting to question everything about it. I am really curious to find out what brought them to Logan canyon to where they recovered her body in the first place. I read in one article that she was found in a stream? Was she clothed? Did her body look like it had been burnt? Nothing was said about the condition of her body when it was found. SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS.
LE has not released any information about the mattress. Her body was found on Wednesday, July 3.

Searchers for MacKenzie Lueck's body requested diving equipment
It’s unknown if Lueck’s body was found in the canyon stream.

I think how stupid other murders have been. CW buried SW in a shallow grave on property where he worked as well as putting his precious daughters in oil tanks there. I could cite more. MOO this was premeditated. He lured her to him.

Disposal is where most murderers screw up. The best laid out plans for disposal go out the window when they realize how hard it is to burn a body or dig a grave.

I went back to see the Hannah Graham timeline and how the first few days played out. His early charges did not include murder. I read in one of the articles about them finding Hannah’s DNA-I know there was blood-and his DNA on an article of clothing in his apartment. Not sure that I even know if she was ever in that apartment, since he had roommates. There is a lot that we many never know about this case.

Imo, he will not plead guilty. He's going to continue to proclaim he is innocent, and his attorney will continue to play the race card.

So we will learn at some point when the ME testifies in the trial. Imo.

If he doesn't waive his preliminary hearing the state always has the ME testify so we could learn more even before the trial.

Iirc in Jesse Matthew's case they found items belonging to Hannah Graham, and others from what I recall.

But in this case didnt they say right away AA would be charged with aggravated murder, obstruction of justice, aggravated kidnapping, and desecration of a body?

They weren't even waiting until they found the rest of her remains.

Imo, so something they found in the bonfire pit immediately told them KL had been murdered.

I wonder if they not only found human tissue, but brain matter as well?

Jmhoo

Until the trial(if there is one), I am keeping all options open, as far as what he did with her body to dispose of it. Chief Brown has been extremely careful with his wording in the PC’s, most likely out of respect for KL’s family, since he seems to be the one in contact with them the most. Just because he didn’t say “remains” or “burned body” doesn’t mean that’s not what it was necessarily. I think he is just giving the public what we “need” to know, the major details, without getting into anything too grisly. MOO.

One word that stood out to me during his presser, if I recall correctly was " delicate" situation. I do believe he is holding back some information from the public is that was a very interesting word to me that I had never heard before in a presser. Again, i r r c

But what human tissue was found in the bonfire that wasn’t burned to a crisp? This does not make sense to me.

Now that we know her body has been found elsewhere, I am thinking it is related to a lawn instrument that mass guy put up iirc....the garage with evidence markers.

That Somethin of her tissue was on one of those lawn instruments such as a shovel or a pitchfork that was charred. That's the only way it makes sense to me that it was charred and not burned.

This Police Department is doing it by the book it appears. They're doing a fabulous job. I don't think we're going to find out any answers that you have until the preliminary hearing. Some of them, actually, we may not even find out then. But I think we will get more information at that time most definitely.

I have not seen any mainstream media that said she was found in a stream. Do you have a link for that.

WARNING VERY GRAPHIC THEORY

I finally caught up, this thread moved fast and I got a late start. There are SO many questions about how, where, when, why like most of the cases on WS. Yes it matters but most importantly this world has lost a young lady that could have done great things. The monster that did this has a history if violence and deceit. All of it will hopefully come out in due time.
I have followed the Sydney Loffe case from the beginning and have learned more about dismemberment then I care to. In that case they were unable to find any DNA in the murders home or cars. (Her body was cut up into 14 pieces.) My working theory is this...
He either on purpose or accidentally killed her ,probably during a sex act. At which time he knew he had to disappear her. From his book he thought 'gee, I'll burn the body' but then put some thought into how long and difficult it would be to do so. So he thought dismemberment but found that to be to difficult perhaps after removing a hand, fingers or even head. So he took the body to dump site came home and knew he had to get rid of her belongings. Started the fire at some time remembered the body parts he then threw them in to the fire. Just a working theory. Sorry this is so long

I think it's pretty simple. Suspect in this case was an alcoholic and had a short fuse. He wasnt a serial killer. I don't think the murder was premeditated.

In typical fashion his fuse went off during a fight or something.

He took too many precautions to evade detection for it not to be prepared. Moo, of course. I don't think he is a SK either. He is the typical killer who is so caught up in his wants and needs, that he greatly underestimated the risk, and got sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd