GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

JMO. I doubt it was the first time Riley had been “scared” or “afraid” of him.

He’s asleep downstairs at 10:30pm when her mother gets home. She doesn’t wake him or the boys up. Her mom sees Riley’s light on but doesn’t pop in to say goodnight on her way to her own bedroom.
Suddenly he’s awake and in her room around 11pm.
BBM

^^^ The way you posted that... chilling.
Ita.
Like any predator waiting to kill someone who is just walking by in the street.
I still have doubts as to whether 'mom' went straight to bed.... oblivious.
But that's all I'm going to say about that.

JMO. I doubt it was the first time Riley had been “scared” or “afraid” of him.

He’s asleep downstairs at 10:30pm when her mother gets home. She doesn’t wake him or the boys up. Her mom sees Riley’s light on but doesn’t pop in to say goodnight on her way to her own bedroom.
Suddenly he’s awake and in her room around 11pm.
<shiver> That's just plain scary, to me, but I am a scaredy-cat anyway, but still...
In the house, creeping around... Nightmare material, and yes, IMO, it is one.

5:22am- attempted FaceTime call from RC's phone to her boyfriend's phone.

i really hate to show up late and ask a question that has more than likely been covered far earlier in the thread..

but is the general consensus that this call was a pocket dial to RCs BF and that AM had found the phone on his attempt call just before 4am and brought it with him to work?

i really hate to show up late and ask a question that has more than likely been covered far earlier in the thread..

but is the general consensus that this call was a pocket dial to RCs BF and that AM had found the phone on his attempt call just before 4am and brought it with him to work?

I believe so.

Really quiet here in Berkeley springs. Not a word, not even a rumor. Not a soul at the home of RC, since the incident. This is the usual. It'll just sort of fizzle away and be talked about up in some small article in the back of the newspaper.

^^^ That's probably true but very disheartening.

Sick of so-called "mothers" who bring predators and addicts around their children. :(

Being a West Virginian myself, I feel like this case has a lot more going on than what we know. There are so many unanswered questions still, IMO. What about the mother? What was going on in that house? Who all KNEW she was afraid of him? ETC. I am very upset it has just sort of fizzled out in the media and everything. Her story, the whole story, needs to be told because maybe it might help one of these other women to think twice before bringing these sort of men into their kid's lives. It is pretty much ALWAYS the mom's/aunt's/grandmother's boyfriend anymore and it's sickening.

Really quiet here in Berkeley springs. Not a word, not even a rumor. Not a soul at the home of RC, since the incident. This is the usual. It'll just sort of fizzle away and be talked about up in some small article in the back of the newspaper.
Thanks for a local perspective. It seems shocking to me that this has garnered such little media attention in general.

When you say this is usual, do you mean crimes in general in the area or particularly this defendant and the family?

Thanks for a local perspective. It seems shocking to me that this has garnered such little media attention in general.

When you say this is usual, do you mean crimes in general in the area or particularly this defendant and the family?

Just about Everytime someone in a prominent family gets into some trouble, people start asking questions, getting pissed, then you don't hear about it again. Justice will not be served here.

Just about Everytime someone in a prominent family gets into some trouble, people start asking questions, getting pissed, then you don't hear about it again. Justice will not be served here.

It does appear that there is corruption and conflict of interest in play among some of the principal figures in this case. It's discouraging that this young woman's life and safety appears not to have been valued enough to merit shaking things up in this town/area. Very sad and disillusioning for those who believe in equal justice under the law. MOO.

See this article about drug abuse in WV being so prolific the National Guard was called in by LE: "....Huntington, West Virginia, a place so consumed by the opioid epidemic it has been crowned "the Overdose Capital of America." At its worst, people here were dying from drug abuse at a rate eight times the national average."
Cops bring addiction counselor on drug raids to fight opioid crisis
Morgan county is one of the leading counties for prescription opiod fils at two local pharmacies. As per Morgan Messenger, July 2019.
What!?! The husband of the magistrate is a drug dealer?
Convicted felon. Multiple arrests. Currently incarcerated for probation violation. Unspecified charge.

There are rumors to this effect. And worse. Unconfirmed. Remember, it's a very small town. Everyone knows everything. "claudianunes, post: 15146857, member: 219523"]The text messages Riley sent to her boyfriend on the night before her disappearance, about mom's boyfriend being in her bedroom and about her being scared of him being there, makes me think that there as sexual abuse or, at least, actions leading up to sexual abuse prior to that night. And, to me, this might mean that a) she was threatening to tell her mother about it for a while and he was on edge, got violent and killed her so she wouldn't say anything; or b) he was indeed making sexual advances on her and, she was resisting and fighting it, and he got violent and killed her.
If she was being sexually abused, she most likely told her boyfriend about it. I don't know about telling her mother, but it's also possible that she told her or was meaning to do it.
Regarding the issue of mothers not believing their daughters when stepfathers and boyfriends abuse them is actually very common. And, if they do believe them, it's also common for mothers to think that their daughters are at fault for the abuse. Which, honestly, is insane and I just can't understand. That is the ultimate betrayal from a mother to her daughter, and it's disgusting.[/QUOTE]

There are rumors to this effect. And worse. Unconfirmed. Remember, it's a very small town. Everyone knows everything. "claudianunes, post: 15146857, member: 219523"]The text messages Riley sent to her boyfriend on the night before her disappearance, about mom's boyfriend being in her bedroom and about her being scared of him being there, makes me think that there as sexual abuse or, at least, actions leading up to sexual abuse prior to that night. And, to me, this might mean that a) she was threatening to tell her mother about it for a while and he was on edge, got violent and killed her so she wouldn't say anything; or b) he was indeed making sexual advances on her and, she was resisting and fighting it, and he got violent and killed her.
If she was being sexually abused, she most likely told her boyfriend about it. I don't know about telling her mother, but it's also possible that she told her or was meaning to do it.
Regarding the issue of mothers not believing their daughters when stepfathers and boyfriends abuse them is actually very common. And, if they do believe them, it's also common for mothers to think that their daughters are at fault for the abuse. Which, honestly, is insane and I just can't understand. That is the ultimate betrayal from a mother to her daughter, and it's disgusting.

Society has for centuries held that men's violence against women is always - *always* - some woman's fault. Always. These mothers are just regurgitating what society has brainwashed them into believing.

Look at how any pre-1980s history of Tudor England addresses Thomas Seymour's shocking and vile sexual abuse of the future Elizabeth I. I can predict with 100% certainty that it treats the abuse like it was instead some great love affair and does its best to cast most of the blame for the situation on Elizabeth. She was 13-14 years old at the time, and he was acting in loco parentis! Hollywood went so far as to cast a woman in her mid-20s as Elizabeth to fudge the fact that she was a child! They said "oh, girls married young back then, stop being so fussy" but what does that have to do with child abuse by a stepfather? (And, of course, most girls didn’t actually marry young back then; the average age of marriage in 1550 is precisely the same as it is now. Don't believe the pedophiles when they say otherwise.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest
Back