Found Deceased WA - Mark Lawrence Ashland, 27, Seattle, 4 Sept 1981

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Original

Original

Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP58403
Mark Lawrence Ashland

Male, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 10" - 5' 11" (70 - 71 Inches)
Weight 160 - 170 lbs

Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description Longish black hair, shaggy style with sideburns
Eye Color Brown

Clothing
Always wore blue jeans, button down shirts, or tee shirts and leather jacket

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact September 4, 1981
NamUs Case Created June 28, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Seattle, Washington 98105
King County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Last contact with Mark was with a family member in September 1981. He moved to Seattle around 1976 from Milwaukee, WI. He worked for Boeing when he first moved to Seattle, then drove a cab, worked on a fishing boat and his last job was driving a city bus for Seattle Metro. After attempts to contact Mark, an uncle went to Seattle in 1984 to try and locate him. He went to the last known address for Mark and left a note to call him but never heard from him, and family has been unable to track down any leads to his whereabouts.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Original

Original

Original

Mark Lawrence Ashland

Male, White / Caucasian
Weight 160 - 170 lbs

Hair Color Black
Eye Color Brown

Clothing

Circumstances
Last Known Location Map
King County

Last contact with Mark was with a family member in September 1981. He moved to Seattle around 1976 from Milwaukee, WI. He worked for Boeing when he first moved to Seattle, then drove a cab, worked on a fishing boat and his last job was driving a city bus for Seattle Metro. After attempts to contact Mark, an uncle went to Seattle in 1984 to try and locate him. He went to the last known address for Mark and left a note to call him but never heard from him, and family has been unable to track down any leads to his whereabouts.

Original

Original

Original

Original

Mark Lawrence Ashland

Male, White / Caucasian
Weight 160 - 170 lbs

Hair Color Black
Eye Color Brown

Clothing

Circumstances
Last Known Location Map
King County

I don’t see any contact info on the Namus posting. Does anyone have a contact?

One has to speculate that this fellow has his reasons for avoiding his family.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If I’ve got the right guy, I’ve even found where he is working, which has a tie to one of the first places he worked decades ago. If this is him, he is doing just fine, and should be left alone to continue to live his solid citizen life. I hope it is him, as he appears to be doing just fine. *If* it’s the right guy.

If I’ve got the right guy, I’ve even found where he is working, which has a tie to one of the first places he worked decades ago. If this is him, he is doing just fine, and should be left alone to continue to live his solid citizen life. I hope it is him, as he appears to be doing just fine. *If* it’s the right guy.

Hi - I am Mark's niece. I am the one that started this process and located the John Doe through the Doe Network and NamUs which started this ball rolling. There was no family discourse and he would've had no reason to disappear purposefully from his family. My dad, newly married to my mom saw him in Seattle while on business in late 1981. I have letters he wrote our family (his parents - my grandparents and his sister - my mother). My grandparents are since deceased but never stopped looking for him. Now I am hoping to find out what happened to my uncle. I have watched my mother miss him dearly my entire life.

With the inadequate resources they have, its impressive the number of crimes they do solve. This is most likely him.

I hope that you have found something that leads to my uncle that NUMEROUS private investigators, detectives, police, etc. have not been able to locate. I can honestly say, I very highly doubt this is my uncle. LE cannot even locate any record of him - no DL, no SSN, no tax history, etc. If you have some information that LE and us have somehow missed please let me know. I would love to know he is not the John Doe and he is still alive.

I saw that too and submitted it to LE last week (Carri Garland). She told me that Seattle Police “are working with the Ashland family to obtain more information to assist in this possible identification.”

Thank you Houston Mom for reaching out to law enforcement. Any help from anyone on this forum is greatly appreciated by my mother and I.

Hi rosefromangels - I hope that you have found something that leads to my uncle that NUMEROUS private investigators, detectives, police, etc. have not been able to locate. I can honestly say, I very highly doubt this is my uncle. LE cannot even locate any record of him - no DL, no SSN, no tax history, etc. If you have some information that LE and us have somehow missed please let me know. I would love to know he is not the John Doe and he is still alive.

There is a 64 year old Mark L Ashland living in Seattle. Address is listed.
I can't imagine there would be a listing from 1981. This must be him.

If the address you're referring to is on Eastlake Ave, that is an address he did live at before he went missing, it's an old listing.

If the address you're referring to is on Eastlake Ave, that is an address he did live at before he went missing, it's an old listing.
Welcome to Websleuths, HalesNTX. I am so glad that you are doing this for your mom.

I found a 64-year-old Mark L Ashland with a Seattle address. I have his last known address as 3xx Mxxxxx Street, Seattle.

Last edited:
Welcome to Websleuths, HalesNTX. I am so glad that you are doing this for your mom.

I found a 64-year-old Mark L Ashland with a Seattle address. I have his last known address as 3xx Mxxxxx Street, Seattle.
This is the same one I found, and found him in LinkedIn, working for a company that is tied to the one he worked for before, Boeing.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back