Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there is no way of drawing any reasonable conclusions without these details; just all speculations driven by sentiments.
This is a really big crime and for everything to be carried out by only AA without any external assistance or accomplice going by the actual facts we know (so far) is just hard to believe - thats just me. Why has he got almost 12 cameras in his house? was he paranoid about something or does he use the footage for something else? LE should surely be able to get something out of at least one of those camera? Did he host any Airbnb guests during the period ML disappeared? Have those guests been check? I am just saying, everything should be uncovered so that justice is appropriately served. I have read too many cases where someone takes the fall for others to be free.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into his ex-wife's statement, wouldn't expect her to give any glowing endorsement given the circumstances surrounding their "marriage" and how easily she "willing to testify against him", it had resentment written all over it.
3 of the cameras were in his master bedroom, pointed at his bed. That certainly sounds like something to me, but paranoid isn’t it...

But there is no way of drawing any reasonable conclusions without these details; just all speculations driven by sentiments.
This is a really big crime and for everything to be carried out by only AA without any external assistance or accomplice going by the actual facts we know (so far) is just hard to believe - thats just me. Why has he got almost 12 cameras in his house? was he paranoid about something or does he use the footage for something else? LE should surely be able to get something out of at least one of those camera? Did he host any Airbnb guests during the period ML disappeared? Have those guests been check? I am just saying, everything should be uncovered so that justice is appropriately served. I have read too many cases where someone takes the fall for others to be free.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into his ex-wife's statement, wouldn't expect her to give any glowing endorsement given the circumstances surrounding their "marriage" and how easily she "willing to testify against him", it had resentment written all over it.

It’s not “speculations driven by sentiments,” as much as it is speculation driven by evidence.

All we’ve seen thus far is that probable cause statement, but it has compelling details in there.

Why is it hard to believe he did this alone? It’s not hard to kidnap, murder, and dispose of a person on your own. That sort of thing happens all the time.

I believe this was sexually motivated, and those types of killers don’t usually have help.

There is also no evidence that he did, and he certainly didn’t need it.

Yes, it's just a more convenient way of meeting people.

I don't think they met at a social setting, or in a store or any other public place, though. They did not travel in the same social circles.

What evidence is there that they did not meet that way?
How do you think they could have met?

They don't seem to have anything at all in common. His primary way of meeting people seems to have been on the internet. He looked for a wife that way. He tried to connect with people that way. He found boarders that way.

How does the evidence point to them not meeting that way? Imo

Couple of thoughts here ...

I'm guessing the "wife" involved a cash transaction. She's in Texas, he's in Utah, she has told the news media she never had sex with him. Not sure I've seen anything about him living in Texas.

I'm not suggesting they didn't meet online but I do think they are both likely to have been in downtown SLC bars at the same time. I think the evidence is that they didn't meet through an arrangement site. Women on arrangement sites aren't looking to meet a 31 year old -- that's called regular dating. His pictures don't make him look successful. While I think he can scam for a bit, I don't think he could pull off an online conversation for long enough to convince her he was a successful educated guy. He had her real number which in my experience is very unusual The pay per interview media has been in SLC -- I'm sure they'd pay a lot to someone who communicated with him through an arrangement site but we've heard nothing on that -- not even a screenshot. She was an attractive 23 year old college student -- she wouldn't need to meet someone at 3 AM to have an ongoing arrangement. They aren't connected on Venmo. The arrangement site is known to ban people for being abusive/aggressive -- which sounds like him.

I'm curious why it's hard for you to believe that AA acted alone. ? We've seen scores of cases where a sole murderer killed several people and disposed of their bodies. MOO

If he had been with her in person before then why all the cloak, and dagger game?

Why wouldn't he just pick her up at the airport if none of this was a premeditated murder plan?

Why not have the Lyft driver bring her directly to his home since it was very closeby anyway?

Imo, he didn't do these simple things because this was their first, and only encounter face to face, and AA already knew it would be their first, and very last.

Jmoo

Last edited:
I wonder if ML did have a friend that she usually texted “just in case”. But the delayed flight could have changed things up. Do you text a friend at 2 am saying that you’re meeting someone “just in case”?
And isn't Bumble female driven-the woman has to make the first move?

Bumble is female driven. After they match, the woman makes the first move.

can't believe she wouldn't have texted someone even at 2 AM but don't think I've see anything about that in the news.

3 of the cameras were in his master bedroom, pointed at his bed. That certainly sounds like something to me, but paranoid isn’t it...

I think AA was on Fetlife.

If he had been with her in person before then why all the cloak, and dagger game?

Why wouldn't he just pick her up at the airport if none of this was a premeditated murder plan?

Why not have the Lyft driver bring her directly to her home since it was very closeby anyway?

Imo, he didn't do these simple things because this was their first, and only encounter face to face, and AA already knew it would be their first, and very last.

Jmoo

I think it’s possible they could have had meetings elsewhere, but she had never been to his house before.

That door remains open.

How do women "verify" a man's financial status? Well, I'd say women use some intuition and some clues. AA had been a subcontractor for Dell (Dell has stated this), and for a relatively brief period. So he lists them as an employer on LinkedIn and other places. College age women can be very naive about such things as LinkedIn - where a person can invent an entire new self. I know this because I teach labs in forensic anthropology and bio anthropology.

I too am very curious about his source of money. To KL, his purchase of a house must have seemed like a kind of proof that he was well of financially. But how did he do that without regular employment? It doesn't seem like it was a distress sale. He apparently had money to make some renovations/buy a lot of cameras, etc. It's not from his "modeling career" either.

If there's no trial, I believe this guy will talk to a journalist, because he's going to want to brag about his lifestyle (and deny his guilt). Or he'll want to ghost write another book.

so anybody with poor writing skills is destined for a life of loneliness and social isolation? the world doesn't work that way. Attraction is not a choice. Maybe she wasn't exactly looking for a poet laureate? maybe she was looking for something more frivolous, daring, and exciting?

let's get over the notion that people are ALWAYS searching for someone they can take home to Mom. they are not. and it's quite obvious they are not.
I was not making generalizations about writing skills and dates you don't want mom to meet. I was making specific comments about this specific perp in this specific case.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think ML knew AA prior to that night. Or, if she did, it was of very short duration.

I'm not making comments about people in general.

jmo

Why not have the Lyft driver bring her directly to her home since it was very closeby anyway?

Jmoo

All valid points but do you walk up to a car at 3 AM for a person you don't know and put your suitcase in an open trunk?

One explanation is that he knew her, and told her he was in Davis/Weber (counties north of SLC) and would meet her halfway. He would have been familiar with Hatch Park because he lived nearby there. And, having her order the Lyft on her account is another sign that he's not very successful.

Didn't know that. :p I learn something new here every day! MOO

They don’t?
After I joined a “Christian” based match up/dating service
and check off the heterosexual box, as in female looking for male, the FIRST half dozen or so were females!!!!! Reporting them didn’t change much. Blocked them.
Also: there are match up sites for those for GLBT community. Men looking for men, female to female, but I’m thinking you meant straight dating sites.
In any event, there’s all kinds of dark web sites. Don’t even want to know.
If mod snip needed, snip away. But I’m hoping it’s good to go.

Last edited:
LE has never ruled out others and in fact has said as much. They also have made it clear that they have a lot to go through and needed more time.

I have not ruled out other(s). I also have not ruled out he did this alone, many do such crimes alone.

However, that does not mean he is innocent, it simply means others may be joining him in jail, not that he will be released or was framed because I don't believe he will be/was, they have one of the people involved in her murder (him), may arrest other(s) or they may have perhaps the only one involved.

Jmo.

Edited to clarify

Last edited:

MOO in Utah, burning her tissue is one of the criteria to increase a murder charge to aggravated.
So even if she died accidentally, for example due to drugs or during some activity, he is still meets the Utah criterion for murder which includes simply putting someone harms way.
That murder charge is then automatically escalated to aggravated murder charge due to the way he treated her body after, even if all abuse was after death.

MOO he met someone with expectations, killed because it wasn't going to be like he wanted. Basically raped her and then killed her to prevent her from talking to police. Then attempted to cover up his crime with fire and dumping the body.
No premeditation is needed to make this scenario murder 1, in Utah desecrating the body does that.

Last edited:
It’s not “speculations driven by sentiments,” as much as it is speculation driven by evidence.

All we’ve seen thus far is that probable cause statement, but it has compelling details in there.

Why is it hard to believe he did this alone? It’s not hard to kidnap, murder, and dispose of a person on your own. That sort of thing happens all the time.

I believe this was sexually motivated, and those types of killers don’t usually have help.

There is also no evidence that he did, and he certainly didn’t need it.
I agree I think he acted alone perhaps thought about this kidnap scenario over and over and seized the opportunity - I’d like to know the context of the message he sent her and her response at 6pm - just to add my warning messages to the interns I’m around who think nothing of meeting someone at 3am (I asked )

How do women "verify" a man's financial status? Well, I'd say women use some intuition and some clues. AA had been a subcontractor for Dell (Dell has stated this), and for a relatively brief period. So he lists them as an employer on LinkedIn and other places. College age women can be very naive about such things as LinkedIn - where a person can invent an entire new self. I know this because I teach labs in forensic anthropology and bio anthropology.

I too am very curious about his source of money. To KL, his purchase of a house must have seemed like a kind of proof that he was well of financially. But how did he do that without regular employment? It doesn't seem like it was a distress sale. He apparently had money to make some renovations/buy a lot of cameras, etc. It's not from his "modeling career" either.

If there's no trial, I believe this guy will talk to a journalist, because he's going to want to brag about his lifestyle (and deny his guilt). Or he'll want to ghost write another book.

If she knew he bought a house in Rose Park, that would be a clue he wasn't well off financially. There are a lot of very good people in that neighborhood but its definitely not a neighborhood where there are many college graduates.

I'm also curious on his source of money. While houses in Rose Park are in the affordable range, working as a $15 an hour help desk guy without benefits won't pay for that house or get a loan approved. I suspect his source of money has something to do with meeting people in parks at 3 AM.

I agree I think he acted alone perhaps thought about this kidnap scenario over and over and seized the opportunity - I’d like to know the context of the message he sent her and her response at 6pm - just to add my warning messages to the interns I’m around who think nothing of meeting someone at 3am (I asked )

Ha! Good on you.

Yeah, I think he had fantasized about this for a while, and finally decided to act it out in real life.

Those text messages will likely provide an incredible amount of insight, no matter what they say.

I absolutely agree, also one point people are missing on this man being anonymous is a big problem prosecutors face at times when there are witness or information to a crime - that some will go do full blown interviews with paying media. In the courtroom that becomes detrimental to the prosecution of a criminal. I respect this man too for not revealing too much as he is a potential witness in court. An example that comes to mind is the woman who clearly spotted OJ Simpson speeding through an intersection, his vehicle everything. Unfortunately she took her information to media and paid media and prosecutors could not use her to testify. That is the big 'danger' in people knowing something about this specific murder - like his ex wife etc. In a courtroom it all comes down to credibility of the witness and if you've 'sold' your story to media it can gravely harm the prosecution of the killer.
I agree with this and I also think this is the reason the reporter did not air the information. I think she would have taken advice from their in-house legal department that it could compromise the investigation and be detrimental to a successful prosecution, and perhaps also not exactly appropriate to air information related to what a murder victim is alleged to have said or done, that could be key also to LE tactical operations. I think it unlikely that it related to a bit of bad language, that wouldn't merely be inappropriate imo, it would make it unbroadcastable.

I'm curious why it's hard for you to believe that AA acted alone. ? We've seen scores of cases where a sole murderer killed several people and disposed of their bodies. MOO

Mainly because he does not come across as someone smart enough to pull such a daring act with any help (except if he was on drugs or had prior mental illness?).
Secondly, he handed over his phone with all ML's photos and text messages to LE and then went on to say he does not know who ML was? This is a very abnormal behaviour IMO. Then there is the evidence in his backyard, he had a good 2/3 days to get rid of those before the search trail heated up but he decided to leave it there but take her body to LC? Maybe he is just beyond dumb or a crucial part of the story is still missing. Remember the main point here is understanding how and when he killed her (the murder), there is nothing more important than this. I consider his person, history and other profiling to be a distraction.
I will surely be following this story to see what the official charges are, I would NOT be surprised if another suspect is unveiled.

i know you are not. but my comment applies specifically to this case. there is no evidence that ML cared about how well he expressed himself with the written word. In fact the evidence suggests just the opposite.

I was not making generalizations about writing skills and dates you don't want mom to meet. I was making specific comments about this specific perp in this specific case.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think ML knew AA prior to that night. Or, if she did, it was of very short duration.

I'm not making comments about people in general.

jmo

Ha! Hard to miss.

Frankly, anyone with a third-grade reading level would notice his horrendous writing skills.

Here's but one small sample from his Model Mayhem page:

"I used every second of my life to archive my goals which is to be the best.
I am taking an acting classes while working with star talent management here in Utah.
I will love to work with any organization that will be interested in helping me archiving my goals."

I have a hard time believing AA could fool anyone having even the slightest modicum of intelligence with his online persona.

Erudite, he ain't.

I don't know why ML felt safe meeting AA in that dark parking lot at 3 am.
But, clearly, she did.
The most logical explanation for her feeling safe meeting him there is that she'd met him before, either there or somewhere else.

Obviously, we don't know if she had or hadn't met him before, but to me, it's the most logical explanation.

JMO.

When I read so much if not all of his writing—“me, me me me and me-0h and more about me-and benefiting me! did I mention me—!!!??!!!” Of course he uses “I”—

Classic male narcissist/ sociopath, woman issues/hater with brute force mentality, who skirted and played the laws/ rules/systems - allowing him to morph into sick murderer- he kept getting away with things that only fed his inflated sense of self/ability/grandiose- he was moving in this direction- set on a path- in his mind he was untouchable- and probably still is- disgusting- I’m sure he’s smug as heck in jail right now- ego intact- zero consciousness- I will be shocked if he’s admitted guilt- or being cooperative- he’s pinning this on KL (accident, who knows!) or someone else - it’s never him- he’s perfect in his world- or the victim, racial injustice has already been hurled to the masses in this case by the NYC civil rights attorney speaking for him/ his family- yet we were told not to prejudge, that works all ways, correct-? - ughhhhh- jmho—-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther