Haleigh Cummings general discussion

'Over the years, HaLeigh's father has been criticized and some have accused him of wrongdoing related to his daughter's disappearance. Merchant told us he does not believe Ronald was involved.

"Ronald was a person with a checkered past. He lived fast, but he was a good father," Merchant said. "There is no proof today that Ronald had anything to do with it (his daughter's disappearance). We can't hold anybody out (as a suspect), but I do feel comfortable saying that Ronald Cummings is probably not involved, " explained the former investigator. '
I don't believe this for even one second.

Merchant was very friendly with Ronald and Teresa. I don't think Ronald was directly responsible for Haleigh's death, but there is no doubt in my mind he knew she was dead and not "stolen". My opinion is Misty knows fully what happened, as does her brother, Timmy. The brother that took his wife and children to Mass. very quickly. Ronald, I believe only knows whatever story Misty used to cover her *advertiser censored*, but somehow it incriminated him also, so he backed her.

Ronald was a sorry excuse for a parent, but I don't think he was hands on the one that killed that poor child.

I think about HaLeigh all the time. The fight between Joe Overstreet and Ron over a gun right before HaLeigh disappearred has always stuck out to me as significant. This whole mess is the saddest tragedy there is. A little girl is gone. The senselessness is maddening.

Merchant was very friendly with Ronald and Teresa. I don't think Ronald was directly responsible for Haleigh's death, but there is no doubt in my mind he knew she was dead and not "stolen". My opinion is Misty knows fully what happened, as does her brother, Timmy. The brother that took his wife and children to Mass. very quickly. Ronald, I believe only knows whatever ******** story Misty used to cover her *advertiser censored*, but somehow it incriminated him also, so he backed her.

Ronald was a sorry excuse for a parent, but I don't think he was hands on the one that killed that poor child.
I beg to disagree. I totally believe that Ron overdosed Haleigh as a babysitter because Misty was not there. That explains why he called dozens and dozens of times that night trying to get up with her. It also explains why his mother was also trying to get up with her. And many, many, many other facts.

.... I cannot discount Daniel S. And have solace that he is where he needs to be; in prison serving a Life Sentence (DC 134886). Putnam County FL Record-UCN: 542007CF002375XXAXMX

Tidbit: He & Tommy currently being held @ same facility

Misty and her lil crew of losers will never tell what happened that night. They are at the end of the day, family.
I don't believe Ronald was involved.
I do hold him responsible as he used Misty to babysit. She was a minor. He was an adult and he knew the state she was in from partying. He, as an adult, left his child in danger whether or not she was taken, abducted or killed. Haleigh was still at risk. IMO. So was Junior.

However, I agree all of them will stick together. I think they ALL know what happened. Who killed Haleigh is anyone's guess but all of them are guilty of complicity, in my opinion. The culture does not go to the police. It seeks its own revenge. It does that even when a murder occurs. Misty was a kid brought up in that kind of culture and will be hard wired never to tell authority and expect justice from her own kind. Ron got away with so much prior to incarceration he probably thought he could get away with anything. Both are locked up for a long time yet but I wonder if this awful saga will have another chapter at a later date. You do not tell police but some day revenge is taken.

I do hold him responsible as he used Misty to babysit. She was a minor. He was an adult and he knew the state she was in from partying. He, as an adult, left his child in danger whether or not she was taken, abducted or killed. Haleigh was still at risk. IMO. So was Junior.

However, I agree all of them will stick together. I think they ALL know what happened. Who killed Haleigh is anyone's guess but all of them are guilty of complicity, in my opinion. The culture does not go to the police. It seeks its own revenge. It does that even when a murder occurs. Misty was a kid brought up in that kind of culture and will be hard wired never to tell authority and expect justice from her own kind. Ron got away with so much prior to incarceration he probably thought he could get away with anything. Both are locked up for a long time yet but I wonder if this awful saga will have another chapter at a later date. You do not tell police but some day revenge is taken.

They called the police on each other all the time! Ronald called on the Croslins for coming to Sykes' house to get Misty to leave. Tommy calling because of the dead rat in the mailbox, Misty calling because her purse got snatched at the Ragsdale Apartments, where she was probably making a drug deal. Hank Croslin calling because he said Ronald tried to poison him with some pill he gave Hank.

I also want to add in the 911 call when Misty's purse was snatched, she was damn near hysterical. Big difference from the call reporting Haleigh missing.

I've always thought the story about Joe and Ronald's fight over a gun was just a bull crap story. They started pointing fingers at Joe O right away.

I beg to disagree. I totally believe that Ron overdosed Haleigh as a babysitter because Misty was not there. That explains why he called dozens and dozens of times that night trying to get up with her. It also explains why his mother was also trying to get up with her. And many, many, many other facts.

I think it would be more likely Misty dosed Haleigh with something, Remember,Misty was out drugging for days and was probably exhausted. She then told Ronald that Haleigh accidentaly got into drugs. I think Timmy helped her remove and hide Haleigh's body. Tommy would have already told, if he really knew anything. I think Ronald would have just laid out of work, if he didn't have a sitter. I just don't see him as a consciencitious worker.Plus, I don't think he'd have had a problem finding a sitter. It's not like he was picky about who was around his children. I can totally see him blowing up Misty's phone, if she didn't answer. Wondering who or what she's up to. JMO

I think it would be more likely Misty dosed Haleigh with something, Remember,Misty was out drugging for days and was probably exhausted. She then told Ronald that Haleigh accidentaly got into drugs. I think Timmy helped her remove and hide Haleigh's body. Tommy would have already told, if he really knew anything. I think Ronald would have just laid out of work, if he didn't have a sitter. I just don't see him as a consciencitious worker.Plus, I don't think he'd have had a problem finding a sitter. It's not like he was picky about who was around his children. I can totally see him blowing up Misty's phone, if she didn't answer. Wondering who or what she's up to. JMO
I'm not considering myself an expert on this case but I have been following this case since the very first day and have obsessively followed every single blog, post, youtube, every single bit of information available so maybe I'm a sorta, coulda, shoulda type of knowledgeable person on this case.
Ron was witnessed at the plant by security with kids in the car during his shift. OK, don't ask me to show you anything, it's been a long time and maybe even not on this site. I can tell you my theory here. Ron did not have a babysitter that night in question. He and Misty had had a falling out the week before. She was partying with White Boy Greg. Ron was totally pissed and that night he did not have a babysitter. He called dozens of times trying to find her. Called his mother just as much. I as in IMO, after reading, researching and hearing every single bit of information I can, have decided that Ron desperately tried to contact Misty and his mother to go over and babysit the children after he dosed them and locked them into his home. (He repeatedly told Nancy Grace and Law Enforcement that he personally dead bolted the doors before he left for work.) His mother admitted that she tried to contact Misty that night. His mother was within five minutes from the mobile home that night ready with a photo of Haleigh after 911 was called. IMO, his cousin Hope was called in to go over to check on the kids after Misty could not be contacted. IMO, Ron's grandmother and Aunt was called to come over to check on Haleigh after Hope arrive because she had died. Annette Sykes, Ron's grandmother came over with Elisa (a nurse), Hope's mother, and came out with a large laundry basket according to Annette Sykes, Ron's grandmother, who raised him. Later that night Ron contacted Misty's brother by phone and asked him to go over to check on the mobile home.
Ron's mother finally got in touch with Misty to go over and check on kids. Misty went over to the mobile home, she was seen by neighbors on phone and crying early in the morning before the 911 call. Ron's mother and grandmother had come up with a plan for Misty to agree to say that she was the babysitter that night and that someone took Haleigh in return, Ron would marry her.

Misty's brother was contacted IMO to go over and help clean up the house of pot ( grown in Jr.'s room) and that is what he and his brother and Joe cleaned up. Immediately following this event, 100 pot plants were found beside a pond nearby. Misty's brother's van was found to be damaged and dirty. The access to the pond was just a path and would have been very dirty and brush would have definitely damaged the van.
Shorty after Haleigh was missing, Ron threatened Misty's brother by putting a rat in his mailbox. That, IMO was a threat for him to keep his mouth shut.
There is so much more I could share but this is a tad of it.

I'm not considering myself an expert on this case but I have been following this case since the very first day and have obsessively followed every single blog, post, youtube, every single bit of information available so maybe I'm a sorta, coulda, shoulda type of knowledgeable person on this case.
Ron was witnessed at the plant by security with kids in the car during his shift. OK, don't ask me to show you anything, it's been a long time and maybe even not on this site. I can tell you my theory here. Ron did not have a babysitter that night in question. He and Misty had had a falling out the week before. She was partying with White Boy Greg. Ron was totally pissed and that night he did not have a babysitter. He called dozens of times trying to find her. Called his mother just as much. I as in IMO, after reading, researching and hearing every single bit of information I can, have decided that Ron desperately tried to contact Misty and his mother to go over and babysit the children after he dosed them and locked them into his home. (He repeatedly told Nancy Grace and Law Enforcement that he personally dead bolted the doors before he left for work.) His mother admitted that she tried to contact Misty that night. His mother was within five minutes from the mobile home that night ready with a photo of Haleigh after 911 was called. IMO, his cousin Hope was called in to go over to check on the kids after Misty could not be contacted. IMO, Ron's grandmother and Aunt was called to come over to check on Haleigh after Hope arrive because she had died. Annette Sykes, Ron's grandmother came over with Elisa (a nurse), Hope's mother, and came out with a large laundry basket according to Annette Sykes, Ron's grandmother, who raised him. Later that night Ron contacted Misty's brother by phone and asked him to go over to check on the mobile home.
Ron's mother finally got in touch with Misty to go over and check on kids. Misty went over to the mobile home, she was seen by neighbors on phone and crying early in the morning before the 911 call. Ron's mother and grandmother had come up with a plan for Misty to agree to say that she was the babysitter that night and that someone took Haleigh in return, Ron would marry her.

Misty's brother was contacted IMO to go over and help clean up the house of pot ( grown in Jr.'s room) and that is what he and his brother and Joe cleaned up. Immediately following this event, 100 pot plants were found beside a pond nearby. Misty's brother's van was found to be damaged and dirty. The access to the pond was just a path and would have been very dirty and brush would have definitely damaged the van.
Shorty after Haleigh was missing, Ron threatened Misty's brother by putting a rat in his mailbox. That, IMO was a threat for him to keep his mouth shut.
There is so much more I could share but this is a tad of it.

I've been following this from day one, also. I live just a few miles north of Tyler Street. We had helicopters flying overhead. I don't believe that Tommy and Hope would have kept quiet for Ronald, when they could have used true information to shorten thier prison sentences. Remember how Tommy kept coming up with bull crap stories every time he would be in county lock up? I mean, the two of them were sentenced to 15 years each! No way would they have not spilled the beans if they knew something! Misty hasn't told, because it would be worse for her in terms of sentencing, IMO. I think the real reasons Ron married her are a)Misty was underaged and b)He mistakenly thought she could't be forced to testify against him. I firmly believe Timmy was called to help dispose of Haleigh;it was his van that purportedly had the scratches. He and Chelsea booked it up to Mass. pretty quickly.Also remember the Haleigh angel wings tattoo Chelsea got on her foot? That was way before the time that police announced they believed Haleigh was deceased. The rat in the mailbox was Tommy, the really messed up brother. I don't think they could have had an indoor grow, because there are alot of grow lights and equipment needed that would have to be disposed of also.

I've been following this from day one, also. I live just a few miles north of Tyler Street. We had helicopters flying overhead. I don't believe that Tommy and Hope would have kept quiet for Ronald, when they could have used true information to shorten thier prison sentences. Remember how Tommy kept coming up with bull crap stories every time he would be in county lock up? I mean, the two of them were sentenced to 15 years each! No way would they have not spilled the beans if they knew something! Misty hasn't told, because it would be worse for her in terms of sentencing, IMO. I think the real reasons Ron married her are a)Misty was underaged and b)He mistakenly thought she could't be forced to testify against him. I firmly believe Timmy was called to help dispose of Haleigh;it was his van that purportedly had the scratches. He and Chelsea booked it up to Mass. pretty quickly.Also remember the Haleigh angel wings tattoo Chelsea got on her foot? That was way before the time that police announced they believed Haleigh was deceased. The rat in the mailbox was Tommy, the really messed up brother. I don't think they could have had an indoor grow, because there are alot of grow lights and equipment needed that would have to be disposed of also.
I think it very unlikely there were no drugs to clear out of the home, indoor grow or not they would have cleaned up.

No doubt in my mind that there were drugs that needed to be removed. I remember back when this first happened, I ran into a former coworker who was then working at PDM. I asked him what he thought of Ronald, and his exact words were "He is a drug dealing piece of ****".

Hi everyone. I have always been interested in this case but I’m intimidated by the huge cast of characters. I just listened to the 2 part TCG podcast on Haleigh and I felt that a lot of secondary characters (granny H?) were left out. Can anyone point me to a thread that explains who everyone is? Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back