Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ML's flight was only 1 hour 45 mins -- in airplane mode-- not much of a battery drain.

I believe ML most likely disabled/shut off her own phone when she arrived at Hatch Park for privacy reasons. Don't think she wanted her family and/or friends that she shares her location with to know her whereabouts at 3AM Monday.

From the first presser, seemed that LE placed a lot of emphasis on ML's privacy, and how she had a right to go off grid without contact.

Unfortunately, ML's plans when meeting AA were not the same as his plans. They were not even close.

MOO

She very well may have shut her phone off, for one reason or another.

If privacy was a concern, that would require a single swipe on her iPhone though.

The ability of anyone to track her through “find my iPhone” or some other app, would have been disabled.

kia optima covering years 2005-2010 body style and 2011-2014 body style there is just couple screws that are standard Phillips to take out and rest of door panel just pops loose. door handle is just snap on and off for cable to disable handle and just a plug to defeat window operation. so to me looks like less than 30 min to disable and put back together with a single standard screw driver.

Not convinced was sexually motivated. More coveting!. I grew up in Zimbabwe, Rhodesia. African men so wanted white women which at the time was outwith their reach. Times change but culture and thoughts dont. Kenzie was so outwith his league!.

THIS—!!! Yes, this was my experience with the guy from Ethiopia who became obsessed with me/my life- and it spiraled horribly from there- he was a stranger- who watched me unbeknownst to me- then started making contact- leaving notes...taking my things- he was absolutely coveting !!! But he felt entitled to me- anyhow, you nailed it, we were from two different worlds- at our trial the jurors had to ask for Lysol breaks to rid the courtroom of his body stench...there seems to be a culture based mental illness that gets severely out of control- and fueled into terrifying rage and extreme violence when combined with rejection- and not always sexual, often torture- or both <shudder>

Your observation of what can culturally be a play here is spot on- and very much true in this case— I firmly believe from personal experience- jmho- I think Kenzie was the epitome of perfection to him- everything he could not have - years of rage and rejection just finally erupted- he finally snapped- seems he was a ticking time bomb- it all came out that night- imo- it was just a matter of when really- just so freaking sad -

Cell phone companies won’t always comply with subpoenas, I have learned. Cops always tell family and friends “they’re an adult, they can go missing if they want to” and refuse to file or delay filing missing person reports, and now apparently there are cases where cell phone providers are fighting court orders saying it’s an invasion of privacy, since “they’re an adult, they can go missing if they want to!”
Oh, I didn’t know the cell companies would fight a subpoena. That seems a bit extreme. I’m a libertarian who’s all about privacy, but I have zero problems with having my cell records given to LE! Wouldn’t most people WANT that...in case they were involuntarily disappeared? Does anyone know if there’s a way to opt in to something like that, to make it less of an issue for the cell provider to turn the records over to LE? I rarely have my privacy feature turned on, but I do use google, so that should track movement. I’ve got a passcode on my phone, but I’ve given the code to 1 person in case something would happen to me, so they could get into the phone. Tia, to anyone with info on the opt in. Also, all jmo.

kia optima covering years 2005-2010 body style and 2011-2014 body style there is just couple screws that are standard Phillips to take out and rest of door panel just pops loose. door handle is just snap on and off for cable to disable handle and just a plug to defeat window operation. so to me looks like less than 30 min to disable and put back together with a single standard screw driver.
When I met my now husband way back in '77, he picked me up for our first formal date. Such a gentleman. He got out, opened the door for me each time for weeks. Then one day we pull into my driveway, it's raining, he says "roll the window down, reach out and open the door"........seems the door was busted and only opened from the outside. True story.

Oh, I didn’t know the cell companies would fight a subpoena. That seems a bit extreme. I’m a libertarian who’s all about privacy, but I have zero problems with having my cell records given to LE! Wouldn’t most people WANT that...in case they were involuntarily disappeared? Does anyone know if there’s a way to opt in to something like that, to make it less of an issue for the cell provider to turn the records over to LE? I rarely have my privacy feature turned on, but I do use google, so that should track movement. I’ve got a passcode on my phone, but I’ve given the code to 1 person in case something would happen to me, so they could get into the phone. Tia, to anyone with info on the opt in. Also, all jmo.

Apple won't unlock their phones for passwords, iirc. Holly Bobo's case was one I first read about.

eta, FBI hired someone to unlock an Iphone during the San Bernardino terrorist case.

Last edited:
Yes, on one hand she says he was good to her kids, then says he abused her. She said the relationship had already turned bad by the time she had her baby. He wasn't in Texas for very long so I don't see how she could possibly even know him that well. Not to mention that she had no idea they were divorced.
Maybe she's mistaking him for another Ayoola she married.
Maybe he placed an ad on Craigslist looking for someone to marry him for good money with conditions (green card)

I assume AA knows all about wiring cameras since he has so many and other kinds of equipment. What are the possibilities of rewiring the car lock system so it doesn’t work properly.

This all looks completely different, if Kenzie’s phone turning off has an innocent explanation.

Get past that detail, and the door locks become irrelevant.

She’s a willing passenger at that point, and the attack would have likely begun at his house, and not in the car.

I can’t get past that detail though.

Apple won't unlock their phones for passwords, iirc. Holly Bobo's case was one I first read about.

eta, FBI hired someone to unlock an Iphone during the San Bernardino terrorist case.
Your right I don’t live far from that awful attack and I remember being blown away by how difficult it was getting the passwords for the two killers.

This all looks completely different, if Kenzie’s phone turning off has an innocent explanation.

She’s a willing passenger at that point, and the attack would have likely begun at his house, and not in the car.

I don’t know, it could have happened in the car like Blaze Bernstein case. Why not have Lyft take her to his house in the first place instead of the park? It’s baffling

She very well may have shut her phone off, for one reason or another.

If privacy was a concern, that would require a single swipe on her iPhone though.

The ability of anyone to track her through “find my iPhone” or some other app, would have been disabled.
I highly doubt it both my boys mid late twenties never power off their phones. I’m sure AA demanded she power it off or he grabbed it and turned them both off. Why not just turn sound off, silent mode or do not disturb mode? Why power off the phone unless you don’t want to be tracked. Her being a young pretty single woman why would she care if GPS on? Actually I think being a female she would leave gps on. JMO

Yes, on one hand she says he was good to her kids, then says he abused her. She said the relationship had already turned bad by the time she had her baby. He wasn't in Texas for very long so I don't see how she could possibly even know him that well. Not to mention that she had no idea they were divorced.
Maybe she's mistaking him for another Ayoola she married.

Or really needs to think about her story & the actual FACTS. She said she wanted a divorce, yet he was granted the divorce when she didn't show/respond to the court proceedings. She claimed she was introduced from her Godmother and right away asked her if he was a killer or something to that effect. To me it sounds like something someone would say when they are offered a big chunk of change to be "married" to someone they dont know at all. She states it went bad prior to the other man's baby being born, but also that he sent money for her and her children from Utah. The injuries she says she got from him, were never reported?

I think you hit on the key word here -- involuntarily disappeared.

As phones seem to be the go to device for a vast amount of of data about an individual, immediate access to an individuals phone records can appear as taken for granted.

In ML's case, LE seemed almost hesitant to classify her as missing involuntarily -by first providing that there was no evidence that ML had been harmed, and that she might be off grid by her choice.

I believe ML missing her midterm exam (that she specifically returned to SLC to complete) was critical in establishing probable cause to obtain a search warrant for ML's phone data.

Once served, it seemed to me that information from her carrier came rather quickly.

MOO

With the kidnapping charge, it seems to me that L.E. is confident that she was not a willing passsnger in his vehicle at some point between the park & his house.
I have two college age daughters & a son in the USMC, none of them ever turn off their phones. (Well my son doesn't turn it off unless it required by command/out in the field etc.) They are all very aware of when the battery is getting low and always make a point to figure out a way to charge it before it powers down. If they didn't want their location known or to be tracked they've simply turned off their location/GPS settings etc. I asked my daughters and a friend of theirs earlier tonight about turning their phones off, when they might, if they had & what they thought about KL's phone being off right away after meeting in the park. All agreed that they'd never power it down. They usually all have the volumes down super low or off anyway, but might possibly put it on airplane mode to conserve battery life or to charge it faster, but not off. I just dont see her willingly turning off her phone within 1 min of being in the car with AA whether she knew him previously or not.

With the kidnapping charge, it seems to me that L.E. is confident that she was not a willing passsnger in his vehicle at some point between the park & his house.
I have two college age daughters & a son in the USMC, none of them ever turn off their phones. (Well my son when doesn't unless it required by command/out in the field etc.) They are all very aware of when the battery is getting low and always make a point to figure out a way to charge it before it powers down. If they didn't want their location known or to be tracked they've simply turned off their location/GPS settings etc. I asked my daughters and a friend of theirs earlier tonight about turning their phones off, when they might, if they had & what they thought about KL's phone being off right away after meeting in the park. All agreed that they'd never power it down. They usually all have the volumes down super low or off anyway, but might possibly put it on airplane mode to conserve battery life or to charge it faster, but not off. I just dont see her willingly turning off her phone within 1 min of being in the car with AA whether she knew him previously or not.
Exactly. And that’s why I’m not buying an innocent explanation here.

It’s possible, but I think it’s very unlikely.

It was too perfect, in that it fit exactly with what he was trying to do with that parking lot meetup.

Leave no trail that connected himself and Kenzie.

THIS—!!! Yes, this was my experience with the guy from Ethiopia who became obsessed with me/my life- and it spiraled horribly from there- he was a stranger- who watched me unbeknownst to me- then started making contact- leaving notes...taking my things- he was absolutely coveting !!! But he felt entitled to me- anyhow, you nailed it, we were from two different worlds- at our trial the jurors had to ask for Lysol breaks to rid the courtroom of his body stench...there seems to be a culture based mental illness that gets severely out of control- and fueled into terrifying rage and extreme violence when combined with rejection- and not always sexual, often torture- or both <shudder>

Your observation of what can culturally be a play here is spot on- and very much true in this case— I firmly believe from personal experience- jmho- I think Kenzie was the epitome of perfection to him- everything he could not have - years of rage and rejection just finally erupted- he finally snapped- seems he was a ticking time bomb- it all came out that night- imo- it was just a matter of when really- just so freaking sad -
BBM

I am very sorry to what happened to you. Expressing my sympathy.

My commentary is only about AJ.

I think that mental issues is not necessary culture-based, in fact it was his own.

However, mental illness might not be always easy to diagnose or treat, or even understand when people come from a different culture. Not merely from an African one. The attitude to mental illness seems to be very different in different ethnic groups, hence, what would have been diagnosed here, long time ago, in school, has probably been missed in his childhood, and then missed here, again. I have been thinking about it for a long time. AJ failed in too many areas, but somehow fell through all the cracks, flew under all the radars, why? When he failed the army, someone could have asked, what is going on? It is the question that needs to be asked now, retrospectively, and I hope it will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow