GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

Interesting development.

From the article linked above:
„In the interim, he is expected to apply for bail„

Well I, for one, hope he stays behind bars.

He won't get bail because he is now a convicted murderer. It will take quite a few months before this gets to the SCA, and it will cost A LOT.

Reactions: Hag
CONVICTED murderer Jason Rohde will urgently apply for bail next week so that he can deal with a hostile business partner who is a threat to the financial security of his daughters.

“I respectfully submit that in the interests of justice I am permitted bail to afford me the opportunity to generate income and maintain my children financially and of course afford them emotional support,” he stated in his application filed in the High Court this week.

The company in the application’s spotlight is Lew-geffen Sothebys International Realty, Johannesburg North, Rohde’s last remaining financial asset and his daughters’ only lifeline.

More to read at link
Rohde wants to hand le business

CONVICTED murderer Jason Rohde will urgently apply for bail next week so that he can deal with a hostile business partner who is a threat to the financial security of his daughters.

“I respectfully submit that in the interests of justice I am permitted bail to afford me the opportunity to generate income and maintain my children financially and of course afford them emotional support,” he stated in his application filed in the High Court this week.

The company in the application’s spotlight is Lew-geffen Sothebys International Realty, Johannesburg North, Rohde’s last remaining financial asset and his daughters’ only lifeline.

More to read at link
Rohde wants to hand le business

Very interesting, thank you.
As an aside, what has happened to the columns on right hand side of Websleuths screen page which indicates new cases and recent replies to cases? Has disappeared for me! (Anyone)

Very interesting, thank you.
As an aside, what has happened to the columns on right hand side of Websleuths screen page which indicates new cases and recent replies to cases? Has disappeared for me! (Anyone)

Yes disappeared.
But you can get New Posts, above the main Heading, you are looking at.

Yes disappeared.
But you can get New Posts, above the main Heading, you are looking at.

Thanks tmar. Is that a new feature? Hope so, otherwise I’ll have to go to Specsavers! :D

Thanks tmar. Is that a new feature? Hope so, otherwise I’ll have to go to Specsavers! :D

Been there for awhile, but depending on your site, not always there, (you could have missed it) so I go to other cases, until find it ie. to home etc.
Also your 'watched threads' appear there.
While typing here, 'new posts' and 'watched threads' do appear at the top, so once you know where to look, you will find them next time.
Good Luck.

Rohde: My daughters will run out of money this year if I'm not granted bail to deal with business

This last part is very interesting it seems he has a catch 22. He used this money for his defence.

"I wish to state further that if on appeal it is found that my late wife committed suicide, then the insurance policies will have to be repaid because they were both subject to a two-year suicide clause. This is also a new fact which will have extreme prejudice to my children."

I am also including a link to an article one of many to be found on the internet. I personally know one of the franchise owners who took him on and won. The irony that he was the henchman to deals like this over the years and now it is happening to him is sweet. Justice for Susan Rohde( I trust this is allowed)

Lew Geffen Sotheby's Scandals: Overview:Lew Geffen Scandas

Jason Rohde’s bail application has been set down for next week before Judge Gayaat Salie-Hlophe – the same judge who convicted, sentenced and turned down his request for leave to appeal. [...]

Last month, Rohde was granted his application to appeal to the Supreme Court. A date has not yet been set for the hearing.

His bail application will be heard on Wednesday.

Jason Rohde's new bail bid to be heard next week by same judge who convicted him

Jason Rohde’s bail application has been set down for next week before Judge Gayaat Salie-Hlophe – the same judge who convicted, sentenced and turned down his request for leave to appeal. [...]

Last month, Rohde was granted his application to appeal to the Supreme Court. A date has not yet been set for the hearing.

His bail application will be heard on Wednesday.

Jason Rohde's new bail bid to be heard next week by same judge who convicted him

Is it possible he could be granted bail for the reason quoted? To deal with business interests, albeit for the benefit of his daughters, apparently.

Is it possible he could be granted bail for the reason quoted? To deal with business interests, albeit for the benefit of his daughters, apparently.

IMO I doubt it, she made it clear his daughters are not small children but young adults. Will find the reference but we are currently moving continents. He could appoint a guardian/trustee to oversee the girls affairs and as such his business affairs as well. In South Africa we have a process called "business rescue" whereby a professional will take over and try to prevent a business closing (mainly due to the resultant rise in unemployment). There are many ways this problem can be dealt with at this time.
IMO and slightly off topic I have always believed the daughter had no intention of speaking in court before sentencing. I believe she was there to fill time as recess was due and they were hoping to keep him out of prison on bail during recess. The wonderful judge sent him straight back without bail.
IMO I would find it more concerning that judgement was given so rapidly after the closing arguments. I believe her summation etc to be perfectly correct and we know she had months leading up to judgement so why waste anymore court time but this may or may not be what the legal team goes after.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back