OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been drugged at a nice cocktail lounge bar and at a dive bar. Best to order a can or bottle of beer open it yourself. You cannot trust anyone. I was drugged by my female friend!
I love cocktails but did not expect to be dosed at a nice cocktail lounge.
I have overheard bartenders bragging about dosing people as a sadistic joke. Not always about rape or robbery. Makes no sense to me but I'm not a sadist either.
This is so so true! Some people do it because they think it’s funny. Sick evil people. Gross.

I am with you 100%
No rhyme or reason sometimes... it can sometimes just be a way to passively mess with someone.
No idea why people don’t think of consequences, as this can lead to death.. it’s not freaking funny.

the motives, the perps and the victims of drugging aren’t as stereotypical as people think.

rarely the predator gets caught or charged so it's easy to get away with it. LE doesn't take it seriously either.

That is truly horrid! Your poor friend! I know 100% that I’d have been raked over the coals had I tried to press charges. The men came from prominent families in that community and one was thought of as could do no wrong. I struggle with not going to the cops, but it was the right thing for me. I have such awful PTSD, I’m not sure if I’d have survived if I pressed charges on them. It happens a LOT, and it most certainly happens to men, too. Men are even more apt to not come forward due to such a stigma. It’s awful.

You have to do what you feel is right.
My friend lives in fear of her life, so LE wouldn't protect her against a business owner with money. No way. She's on her own.

His parents have hired a PI..
Is there a possibility that people...just concerned citizens like us, could create a crowdfunding account to pay for a private investigator in a case like this? I really feel like his family deserves answers, and that this is just too weird to let go. Would that be crossing a line?

Good to know, but where is their presence on social media and media?

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that the man was an orphan.

I've always debated in my head of how I'd handle it if someone I loved went missing and how "in the public eye", I'd personally be. Brittany is getting attacked and is a major suspect for some people just because how she sounded on podcasts. However, being roughly the same age as her, I thought I would sound roughly the same on media/podcasts if my fiance went missing. Generally, when loved ones go missing and their loved ones go on media to advocate for them it goes something like this: If you're too emotional people think maybe you're faking it. If you're not emotional enough, you don't care and maybe you killed him/her. You stutter over your words and you're too nervous for something you didn't commit. I'm not even mildly trained to read emotions but this person is dealing with a trauma, having to speak publically about their trauma and people handle situations all so differently.

I mean, I get both sides (thus as I said, its a debate in my head) because if I have nothing to hide then why not risk it all to get more people to hear about my missing loved one. Why should I care what others think (although often it escalates to death threats and other things, which again, is added stress I'd be afraid to add)

I also know my parents, who are only in their early fifties (so not exactly elderly/technology deficient) are not social media saavy and would place all their trust in the police because that's just their rationale.

Idk, just a thought. BD is doing a great job with the media and social media too. I have a feeling there's a reason we don't know as to why even BD seems quiet as of recent on social media.

I've always debated in my head of how I'd handle it if someone I loved went missing and how "in the public eye", I'd personally be. Brittany is getting attacked and is a major suspect for some people just because how she sounded on podcasts. However, being roughly the same age as her, I thought I would sound roughly the same on media/podcasts if my fiance went missing. Generally, when loved ones go missing and their loved ones go on media to advocate for them it goes something like this: If you're too emotional people think maybe you're faking it. If you're not emotional enough, you don't care and maybe you killed him/her. You stutter over your words and you're too nervous for something you didn't commit. I'm not even mildly trained to read emotions but this person is dealing with a trauma, having to speak publically about their trauma and people handle situations all so differently.

I mean, I get both sides (thus as I said, its a debate in my head) because if I have nothing to hide then why not risk it all to get more people to hear about my missing loved one. Why should I care what others think (although often it escalates to death threats and other things, which again, is added stress I'd be afraid to add)

I also know my parents, who are only in their early fifties (so not exactly elderly/technology deficient) are not social media saavy and would place all their trust in the police because that's just their rationale.

Idk, just a thought. BD is doing a great job with the media and social media too. I have a feeling there's a reason we don't know as to why even BD seems quiet as of recent on social media.
I don't have any issues with BD. I know what you are saying about folks going one way or the other- said too much, not enough, too emotional, no emotion. I've learned not to pay too much attention to that over the years, as many of us here have learned that it is not always indicative of guilt or innocence.

I think you'd be surprised how many folks in their 50's, 60's, 70's and even 80's are active on social media. Now, I know some folks in those age groups just don't care for technology and social media, but many do. If one of my loved ones or friends was missing, I wouldn't let up until I got answers or they were found. I am in my 50's. Nothing would stop me.

I am glad his parents hired a PI, but it's not enough to do just that. They have to get in front of the camera or on social media- posting his photos- recent ones- you just never know, there might be one person out there that saw him that night and it may trigger something important.

I haven't seen anything from any of his family, other than BD, trying to find him. I don't even know- does he have siblings? Surely he has other friends? Where are these people?

I think you're misinterpreting the suspicion about BD. I think it's wayyyyy more about the holes in her story, the things that don't add up, and the things she's leaving out, than with her vocal fry or anything else superficial. I know when listening to her story for the first time, despite being an avid true crime junkie, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck and the first thought I had was "something's REALLY off about this!" I normally am very skeptical about foul play in stories of young males who disappear. They're often suicide, mental health crisis, drug OD or accidents. But something about this one just really didn't sit right with me. I think when we get that feeling, it's for a reason. Even before your brain can connect the dots using logic about what specifically doesn't add up, it's telling you "danger! don't trust this situation / person!"

Maybe LE isn't discussing this with the media because Easton shopping district doesn't want to scare off tourists? How much clout and sway would that shopping district have over the Police Chief?
Why are some disappearances front page news and others completely ignored?

Gotta say, I don’t think it’s really Eastons influence. Even though they would have the capability, there have been open altercations and even shootings directly inside the mall area that were immediately publicized and even cooperated and gave video footage. I would think those would be more detrimental than someone just disappearing.

Gotta say, I don’t think it’s really Eastons influence. Even though they would have the capability, there have been open altercations and even shootings directly inside the mall area that were immediately publicized and even cooperated and gave video footage. I would think those would be more detrimental than someone just disappearing.

gotcha. thank you. Good point.

With all the many, many video cameras in the area (Easton has 35 retail stores, 40 restaurants and 750 residential units) I'm surprised that LE has not released any with him on it. So far there's zero evidence available to the public that he was even there, except for the wife's statement.

With all the many, many video cameras in the area (Easton has 35 retail stores, 40 restaurants and 750 residential units) I'm surprised that LE has not released any with him on it. So far there's zero evidence available to the public that he was even there, except for the wife's statement.

Agree and one of my theories now is that they ditched him at the strip club and he had to walk home because she took his credit card, so he is somewhere between there and the Hilton. Who knows though. This one is really a head scratcher. Posting this again for anyone needing a refresher. Tyler Davis /// Part 2 /// 297

The way those cameras work at night time I guess or not those perfect vision so they assumed it was Tyler and it wasn't but it was his friend but how could it be his friend when at the time of that call right that moment he's leaving or with you that's what I didn't understand

Grace, I defer to you with regards to analysing this statement, but it looks like a BS burrito to me.

Agree and one of my theories now is that they ditched him at the strip club and he had to walk home because she took his credit card, so he is somewhere between there and the Hilton. Who knows though. This one is really a head scratcher. Posting this again for anyone needing a refresher. Tyler Davis /// Part 2 /// 297

The way those cameras work at night time I guess or not those perfect vision so they assumed it was Tyler and it wasn't but it was his friend but how could it be his friend when at the time of that call right that moment he's leaving or with you that's what I didn't understand

Grace, I defer to you with regards to analysing this statement, but it looks like a BS burrito to me.

BBM... But wouldn’t the Uber driver be able to quickly confirm/deny if he was in the car when they drove back to the hotel?

Wasn't he seen entering the hotel, though, or did I dream that? I could have sworn he was confirmed going into the hotel, but after that, not a sign of him. Which begs the question- if he entered the hotel, he had to have left somehow. My mind going in different directions here- maid carts, trash carts.......... I worked at a couple of hotels in the past.

Wasn't he seen entering the hotel, though, or did I dream that? I could have sworn he was confirmed going into the hotel, but after that, not a sign of him. Which begs the question- if he entered the hotel, he had to have left somehow. My mind going in different directions here- maid carts, trash carts.......... I worked at a couple of hotels in the past.

I believe he went straight on his “walk” directly from the Uber. His wife went to the hotel room to charge her phone.

I believe he went straight on his “walk” directly from the Uber. His wife went to the hotel room to charge her phone.
Ok, I just re-read this story from NBC: Young father Tyler Davis missing from Ohio shopping complex since February

So, they checked into the hotel in the afternoon.

A friend, who lived ten minutes away, came by to hang out. This friend is allegedly Tyler's friend, whom BD met through her husband.

They went to the mall, had dinner, got back around 3 AM. They used an Uber to get back to the hotel. When Tyler got out, instead of going into the hotel, he was acting strange and confused, and decided to go for a walk. The friend went with him, while his wife went to the hotel room to charge her phone because it was low.

Friend came back without Tyler, BD at the time of the article, did not know how or when they got separated during the walk- the friend just told her that Tyler would be back soon, then he went home because he was tired.

Tyler called BD, saying he could see the hotel, he was in the woods somewhere (um, what woods?). Tyler allegedly tried calling one more time after that, there was no one on the other end.

Now, many folks have said that there is no woods.

Did LE get a search warrant to check his phone or even his friend's house? This man has been gone now since February! Is there any way to look up warrants? I am just really wondering why LE has said absolutely nothing about this case. This isn't the first case from Ohio that LE appears to be lackadaisical. Several on here have me questioning LE's methods in this state. They react far too late in some of these cases, always assuming someone took off on their own.

Ok, I just re-read this story from NBC: Young father Tyler Davis missing from Ohio shopping complex since February

So, they checked into the hotel in the afternoon.

A friend, who lived ten minutes away, came by to hang out. This friend is allegedly Tyler's friend, whom BD met through her husband.

They went to the mall, had dinner, got back around 3 AM. They used an Uber to get back to the hotel. When Tyler got out, instead of going into the hotel, he was acting strange and confused, and decided to go for a walk. The friend went with him, while his wife went to the hotel room to charge her phone because it was low.

Friend came back without Tyler, BD at the time of the article, did not know how or when they got separated during the walk- the friend just told her that Tyler would be back soon, then he went home because he was tired.

Tyler called BD, saying he could see the hotel, he was in the woods somewhere (um, what woods?). Tyler allegedly tried calling one more time after that, there was no one on the other end.

Now, many folks have said that there is no woods.

Did LE get a search warrant to check his phone or even his friend's house? This man has been gone now since February! Is there any way to look up warrants? I am just really wondering why LE has said absolutely nothing about this case. This isn't the first case from Ohio that LE appears to be lackadaisical. Several on here have me questioning LE's methods in this state. They react far too late in some of these cases, always assuming someone took off on their own.

It was interesting to reread that account from April 8th, as Brittany has added so many more details, and some changes to that story since then. I think the additions/changes to the story, and also LE virtual silence about Tyler's disappearance have both fueled the attention this case is getting on the internet. I just wish Tyler could be found, at least for family's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member