Found Deceased CA - John Wooner, 57, city manager, Bakersfield, 14 May 2019

I wonder if, as a courtesy to the city manager, the GPS on his car was turned off or not activated. If not, then LE knows exactly where that car was or is and that doesn't seem to be true.
It also seems to me that LE knows that this is either voluntary or self harm because if it was foul play then LE is dropping the ball and the family isn't acting with much angst. MOO MOO
Completely agree. I do wonder if nearby airport parking lots have been searched for that vehicle?

Completely agree. I do wonder if nearby airport parking lots have been searched for that vehicle?
Interesting question. Although I stick to being off road deceased as my #1 speculation, this has merit. He could have left the vehicle in LAX long term parking and boogied.
If this is the case, it could be it hasn’t been there long enough to be considered abandoned? I think this is worthy of consideration. Good call out!

Amateur opinion and speculation

When people and their
Interesting question. Although I stick to being off road deceased as my #1 speculation, this has merit. He could have left the vehicle in LAX long term parking and boogied.
If this is the case, it could be it hasn’t been there long enough to be considered abandoned? I think this is worthy of consideration. Good call out!

I agree that off-road deceased is my number one speculation—but there was a horrific case of someone who drove his car to an airport parking lot, committed suicide, and was found eight months later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-lot-for-eight-months-and-no-one-noticed/amp/

When people and their

I agree that off-road deceased is my number one speculation—but there was a horrific case of someone who drove his car to an airport parking lot, committed suicide, and was found eight months later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...-lot-for-eight-months-and-no-one-noticed/amp/
I remember that case! It WAS horrific. There've also been a number of cases over the years where others have died in their vehicles ( naturally and suicide) in random parking lots, and not been found right away.
What prompted me to wonder about that for John W. is that the truck hasn't been found yet. I realize there are also lots of cases where vehicles have gone off the road and not found for a while, but I'd think there would be far less greenery that can hide things in that area. Bump for John!

I remember that case! It WAS horrific. There've also been a number of cases over the years where others have died in their vehicles ( naturally and suicide) in random parking lots, and not been found right away.
What prompted me to wonder about that for John W. is that the truck hasn't been found yet. I realize there are also lots of cases where vehicles have gone off the road and not found for a while, but I'd think there would be far less greenery that can hide things in that area. Bump for John!
There isn’t much greenery as you say but there are a ton of canals where a truck can disappear for a long time before a farmer or his workers notices that something is in a canal close to their fields.

When people and their

It's definitely possible. I can't remember the names/location, but I know I have read a story on here about a gentleman who had committed suicide by hanging himself in a dense part of the woods, and due to being up in the canopy he wasn't found for a very significant time. Even though people had been in the area. I'll try to find the link.

ETA: I'm 99% certain this was the story I'm recalling: https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/...ing-in-2017-identified-as-body-found-in-tree/

There isn’t much greenery as you say but there are a ton of canals where a truck can disappear for a long time before a farmer or his workers notices that something is in a canal close to their fields.
Thanks for that info. Are the canals pretty deep? I imagine the water depth ebbs and flows often, but I honestly haven't a clue.

Thanks for that info. Are the canals pretty deep? I imagine the water depth ebbs and flows often, but I honestly haven't a clue.
It depends on the canal and the time of year but yes they can be deep enough to hide a vehicle. We had a strong winter with a lot of snow melting now so all the canals are running higher than in previous years.

Just came across this, but have no idea where location is compared with where John was last sighted. That means little, though, as he could have gone anywhere. Note the steepness of the bank right off the shoulder of the highway...
Officials: Kern County Search and Rescue crews pull body from Kern River

It's been more than 24 hours. They still have not released the identity. It appears they got a call from someone. It could be related, but that river is dangerous.

Just came across this, but have no idea where location is compared with where John was last sighted. That means little, though, as he could have gone anywhere. Note the steepness of the bank right off the shoulder of the highway...
Officials: Kern County Search and Rescue crews pull body from Kern River
It is located northeast of the city of Bakersfield. 8.3 miles from the Hillcrest cemetery where he was last seen.

Hart Park, Bakersfield, CA 93308
Google Maps

Hillcrest Memorial Park and Mortuary
9101 Kern Canyon Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93306
(661) 366-5766
Google Maps

MCFARLAND, Calif. — The contract for missing McFarland City Manager John Wooner has been terminated, city officials confirm.

McFarland Mayor Manuel Cantu told 23ABC News that Wooner is no longer employed by the city and is no longer on paid administrative leave. Cantu said the contract was terminated before Friday.

McFarland terminated John Wooner's contract

It's a short drive from Bakersfield into the foothills and mountains as well. Plenty of places a vehicle could go over and not been seen for a while as well

MCFARLAND, Calif. — The contract for missing McFarland City Manager John Wooner has been terminated, city officials confirm.

McFarland Mayor Manuel Cantu told 23ABC News that Wooner is no longer employed by the city and is no longer on paid administrative leave. Cantu said the contract was terminated before Friday.

McFarland terminated John Wooner's contract
Uh.....this is going to get very "complicated" if they have terminated a deceased man. Very complicated.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford