Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pinged at the canyon on the 25th? 8 days later?

That's what I heard, too. So...I wonder what the forensic evidence of the house and car will reveal. It's also possible that he placed the body somewhere (and that police have a guess about that, from phone pings) and then moved it.

Or was that when he moved her body there?
Appears LE visited him on the morning of the 25th to talk to him about their texts the night of her disappearance and this spooked him so that afternoon he moved the body out of his backyard to the canyon as soon as LE left his house.

LE saw he went to the canyon right after they spoke to him via tracking his phone movements and used that information to obtain the search warrant for his home the following day where they found some of MLs remains he missed in the rush to move her body.

Wow - what a remarkable job LE has done in bringing justice to her IMO. They took the technology available and really nailed him. I'm glad. I'm also going to choose to believe in his stupidity, he not only incapacitated her immediately in the car, but she never regained consciousness. That is my opinion of course. If and when they release the autopsy, I will deal with it then. For now, that beautiful soul has been found. I think he has an arrogance about him, like so many others we see here on WS and that arrogance did him in. Well done LE. JMO
also, thanks all for the presser details - couldn't watch (again) not sure now I want to...

Which press conference date and would you mind supply the seconds in? It's actually hard to find exact statement in video news and press conferences.
Sounds like you are right because she communicated
with her parents after the flight. If the parents were not the last communication then it is AA between parents and Hatch Park.

I don’t have the numbers right at hand. It was the press conference on June 28th. You can find it in the media thread, posted on the 28th. There’s a long news broadcast with the pc in it, starting about 1:48:00 should find it quickly.

Hi everyone,

I took a few days to really process all the things that have come out and obviously all the emotions that come with it. While I’m still in the middle of all of that, I feel (especially with the press conference today) that I can come back and start processing things more and putting things together. Also with the encouragement of @Tricia who has been so great through all this. I really do appreciate all of you and your concern for myself and all of her friends and family.

The PC today broke my heart all over again. I had all these theories in my mind (like many of you) and the more that comes out the more horrible and barbaric it seems. My heart hurts the most for what Kenzie endured during that time.

Appears LE visited him on the morning of the 25th to talk to him about their texts the night of her disappearance and this spooked him so that afternoon he moved the body out of his backyard to the canyon as soon as LE left his house.

LE saw he went to the canyon right after they spoke to him via tracking his phone movements and used that information to obtain the search warrant for his home the following day where they found some of MLs remains he missed in the rush to move her body.
Did LE see he went to Logan Canyon immediately? I so, why didn't they recover her body until about ten days later?

He bought it after she was already dead, IMO. The morning after he picked her up.
My thought as well. I think she was killed between 3am and 9am when he most likely panicked because the situation didn't go as expected and went to buy the gas can to attempt and burn her body. Hopefully she didn't suffer. :(

I found it interesting that when his family spoke they never made any statements that he wouldn't commit such a crime as most families do. They were only concerned he wouldn't get a fair trail in SLC. That speaks volumes to me.

Such a disgusting and sick individual. May Kenzie rest in peace and may her family and friends find the strength to face tomorrow with all of the love that surrounds them today. Hugs to them!

He obviously isn't really tech savvy, just like he isn't really a student, and he isn't really a Mormon and he isn't really a model and he isn't really a novelist.

He thinks he's all those things though.

I do not believe for a minute that he smashed her head in the car. First of all, they would have said that today - when the DA got to the part about what they found in the car, they mentioned only gasoline smell. Further, there would be no need to use both rope and zip tie to a dying woman with severe intracranial bleeding. Her hands were behind her back.

IMO, there's no way to tie someone like that inside a small KIA.

He arrived at his house 7 minutes after he left HATCH and IMO, she was still alive, which was his plan in the first place.

Charges filed in Mackenzie Lueck case; suspect tracked to Logan Canyon where body found
[...]

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said the medical examiner determined that Lueck suffered blunt force trauma to the side of head, which led to her death, after her body was discovered in Logan Canyon. During a search of Ajayi's backyard June 26, police recovered several samples of human remains, including part of scalp, as well as remains of a cellphone and some clothing belonging to Lueck.

Salt Lake police say Lueck began texting Ajayi on the evening of June 16, before she flew into Salt Lake City after attending a family member’s funeral in California.

[...]

As they continued to collect data and piece together their case, detectives learned that Ajayi was seen by his neighbors burning items in his backyard at 547 N. 1000 West, using gasoline, on June 17 and June 18.

[...]

But after investigators put DNA evidence they had collected on the fast track to be tested, an arrest warrant was issued on June 28 for Ajayi for aggravated murder.

That morning, a SWAT team surrounded an apartment complex at 1028 S. West Temple and took Ajayi into custody at gunpoint.

[...]
Oh, wow, so maybe he did take the body to Logan Canyon on the 25th. It was just one day before they went to the house.
Maybe the body was still at the burn site all that time, and after he was questioned by LE he decided to move the rest to the canyon? I don't know. I'm so distressed I can't think.
She died from a powerful blow to the head, apparently. And her hands were tied behind her back!

This was a violent murder by a twisted, sick individual. I hope he does get the death penalty.

Hi everyone,

I took a few days to really process all the things that have come out and obviously all the emotions that come with it. While I’m still in the middle of all of that, I feel (especially with the press conference today) that I can come back and start processing things more and putting things together. Also with the encouragement of @Tricia who has been so great through all this. I really do appreciate all of you and your concern for myself and all of her friends and family.

The PC today broke my heart all over again. I had all these theories in my mind (like many of you) and the more that comes out the more horrible and barbaric it seems. My heart hurts the most for what Kenzie endured during that time.
(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry, yellowmoose. Been thinking about you and glad to have you back. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member