Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, I think this was to bury her there.

After she was dead, imo.

I think he was in a panic by June 25. What day did he get rid of the mattress and box springs? Does anyone have a link to the media thread? I want to see when LE had pressers and updates that week, something they said triggered his panic, in my opinion. Maybe he thought they had his car on the cameras at the park? Just speculating.
Link to the media thread is in post #1 of each thread. ;)

Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June, 2019 Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*

The details are worse than the speculation, I have a hard time imagining someone doing what he did to her after she died...burning, burying, driving with a burned corpse to a remote area to dig and re-bury the body. This is barbaric.

I think we're all different. Of course, I work in forensics and my colleagues and I talk about grim details all the time. For me, having it narrowed down to a simpler set of facts is helpful in processing my feelings. And, many families feel the same way.

Parents of deceased children respond in all kinds of ways. Some want all the details, a full trial and even though they suffer through it, in the end there's closure and even joy with the suspect is convicted. They find it easier than sitting at home with their own thoughts. Others want to be as far from the facts and circumstances as possible. If those two styles are in one marriage, it's really devastating.

I had that fleeting thought too hoping--but it doesn't make sense. She was bound/zip tied for a reason. I have not let myself think about it yet.

Jmo.
here's a thought - if she gets in his car - he hits her with his right connecting with her left side of the head - he thinks he has simply knocked her out - he zip ties her so when she wakes up she can't move - then carries her into the house - there's a reason he got rid of the mattress IMO - I think she may have been incapacitated completely by that blow - or if that didn't kill her, he made sure she was gone shortly after bringing her in the house. JMO. I don't want to think she suffered much.

I personally think he panicked on the 25th, after the initial questioning.

He wasn't thinking logically, so he didn't think to turn off his cellphone or leave it at home. He acted impulsively. Thank God! Still strange that they didn't discover her until the 5th, although I'm sure it's a large area to search.

I've been following this case here from the start, and am just now joining the community. It's amazing seeing so many people eager to help! This crime is absolutely disgusting, and I pray she didn't suffer long... Hopefully this monster is forthcoming with more information, and hopefully he gets what he deserves. He is a complete waste of life.
Welcome to Websleuths, Athena94. :)

ML was found on July 3 which LE announced in a press conference on July 5. MOO

Ok, must have missed that LE were aware on the 25th that he went to the canyon on the 25th. LE only recovered her body from Logan Canyon on July 5 (I think that was the day), so I thought that meant that they had been waiting on information from his cell phone provider to get the location data from his phone, to lead them to Logan Canyon.

MOO cell phone companies are slow about warrants.

That is just too sad. Not contributing anything these days, am actually vacationing not too far from where Cece Hoffman was murdered. Seems like sadness everywhere these days.

He must have seen the limitations to burning a human body to make it disappear, and taken her up to bury her. :(

How terribly my heart is breaking hearing that.

Looks like I was right about the scalp with hair being the charred human tissue. I was hoping I was wrong. I had said I thought he might have yanked her around by the hair tearing her scalp with hair. It sounds like her tortured that poor child.

God bless the family and friends through this tragic time. What a monster. KL didn’t die in vein she saved many more women’s lives.

Hi everyone,

I took a few days to really process all the things that have come out and obviously all the emotions that come with it. While I’m still in the middle of all of that, I feel (especially with the press conference today) that I can come back and start processing things more and putting things together. Also with the encouragement of @Tricia who has been so great through all this. I really do appreciate all of you and your concern for myself and all of her friends and family.

The PC today broke my heart all over again. I had all these theories in my mind (like many of you) and the more that comes out the more horrible and barbaric it seems. My heart hurts the most for what Kenzie endured during that time.

Yellowmoose, it’s good to see you back here, but I am so sorry. This is such a nightmare for you and everyone who loved Kenzie. But, after what we heard today, it’s clear that her killer will never spend another day free. I know that doesn’t help, but it’s all that LE and the DA can do. There are many strangers who are crying for Kenzie right now. That doesn’t help either, I know.

I am just sickened by the information provided during the press release. I wonder what AJ's Mother's sentiments are, or will be, now.

I believe with the post a ways above regarding him relocating her charred remains once he was notified by officials that they wanted to speak with him.

I also believe, if he has not killed before, he would have continued on to be a serial killer. I also believe that the Nigerian (edited to correct birthplace) upbringing he had is a factor due to the harsh treatment and lack of respect toward women, by men, in general in Nigeria.

Given her hands were bound and he discarded a mattress and boxspring I suspect that MacKenzie did suffer, some unspeakables, at the hands of this Monster before he killed her.

The fact that he was arrested at an Apt. of a friend and not at his residence tells me he was going to attempt to flee. I believe his every move was being followed by LE after he was taken in for an interview.

I hope he does get the death penalty as he deserves it.

All MOO ....and speculation.

Last edited:
I pray - really really pray - that she didn't suffer long. (Along with the rest of you.)

He picked her up at 3:00 am. 6 hours later, he’s buying gasoline. Any time is too long to suffer. But I think they got home, she put up a fight and he killed her with something pretty heavy with a blow to her head.
Those scull/brain cells were in the burn pile. That’s why LE knew she was dead. From there, they just kept working, like the DA said.
Later, his cell pings confirmed he disposed of her on the 25th. It took a long time to find her remains bc there’s nothing out there. Probably minimum number of searchers so as to not arouse public and media interest/suspicions/interference. One vehicle and 2 searchers. Maybe 2 dogs.
IMO LE knew about the 25th pings at Logan Canyon at the time of his arrest.

Charred body of slain college student was bound in shallow grave
[...]

Her charred remains were found on July 3 in Logan Canyon, Gill said. Ajayi's phone was near Logan Canyon on June 25, Gill said.

Lueck's remains were discovered in a shallow grave in a wooded area with her arms bound behind her back by a zip tie and rope, Gill said.

A hole was found on her skull with part of her scalp missing, Gill said. An autopsy determined she suffered blunt force trauma to her head, Gill said.

[...]

Lueck's last text to Ajayi was at 2:58 a.m.; her phone was turned off at 2:59 a.m. and never powered back on, the district attorney said.

Ajayi's phone was back at his home at 3:07 a.m., Gil said.

[...]

A freshly dug site was found by Ajayi's garage. It was there that police found a human bone, part of a scalp with hair, a phone and charred personal items, Gill said.

[...]

A gasoline can was found in the trunk of his car, Gill said.

Ajayi's first court appearance will likely be this week, Gill said.

here's a thought - if she gets in his car - he hits her with his right connecting with her left side of the head - he thinks he has simply knocked her out - he zip ties her so when she wakes up she can't move - then carries her into the house - there's a reason he got rid of the mattress IMO - I think she may have been incapacitated completely by that blow - or if that didn't kill her, he made sure she was gone shortly after bringing her in the house. JMO. I don't want to think she suffered much.
This is the scenario I'm hoping for...spares her further awareness of, and interaction with, AA.

Did LE see he went to Logan Canyon immediately? I so, why didn't they recover her body until about ten days later?

The DA talked a lot about the necessary sequence of events. So, here’s one example. They discover that he’s the last one who communicated with ML. They talk to him and he lies to them. Now they get a warrant to search his place. We know now what they found. They get a warrant for his phone pings. That points them ‘to the vicinity of Logan Canyon.’ I cant swear that those were his exact words, but it was something like that, All this takes time.

‘Vicinity of Logan Canyon’ is not a specific location. I’m actually impressed that they found her so quickly,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member