Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being detained can also result in these charges.

Imo, that would just be kidnapping. He was charged with aggravated kidnapping, and one of the factors in Utah law that elevates it to aggravated kidnapping is when the perp used a weapon in the commission of the kidnapping.

Imo, which he did, and he had it with him in his vehicle.

That's why her phone was turned off immediately when she had just entered his vehicle.

Imo, no matter what ruse or excuse (lie) he used to lure her there is irrelevant to what happened the second she entered his vehicle. His premeditated plan immediately began.

He was not there for a friendly get together. He was there to kidnap, brutalize, and murder.Imo

Imo

Last edited:
Jeremy Harris on Twitter (VIDEO)
NOW: @slcpd crime scene unit is backing into the driveway of Ayoola Ajayi’s driveway. They are going to be loading in evidence collected today.
6:27 PM - 10 Jul 2019

KSL 5 TV on Twitter
BREAKING: Investigators have returned to the house of Ayoola Ajayi, the suspect in the homicide of Mackenzie Lueck. Police executing another search warrant.
D_JqN9LU4AAvWyR.png

6:26 PM - 10 Jul 2019

Dan Rascon on Twitter
Breaking: @slcpd back at the suspects home in the #MackenzieLueck murder case police say they are gathering more evidence @KSL5TV
D_JqHm7UEAUCz9u.jpg
D_JqHm0UwAAU6pz.jpg

6:26 PM - 10 Jul 2019

So doors and some other items taken out that were covered in paper bags.

As for the question of whether the killing was premeditated, Gill reminded journalists that a charge of aggravated murder can be filed in Utah whether there is intent, or whether the defendant acted in such a way that the intent was to kill the victim, but it is not necessarily to prove it was a premeditated action.

Gill also stressed that the case is still ongoing and active.

"It has not come to a conclusion," he said.

Suspect assaulted Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, then burned her body, charges say

Lueck began texting Ajayi on the evening of June 16, before she flew into Salt Lake City after attending a family member’s funeral in California, Salt Lake police say. She also exchanged texts with Ajayi on the morning of June 17 after landing, the charges state. Her last text to him was at 2:58 a.m., one minute before her Lyft dropped her off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake, according to investigators.

Police found a human bone, charred muscular tissue, part of a scalp with hair, a cellphone and other charred personal items in the excavation area in Ajayi's yard, according to charging documents. More charred items were found in an alley next to Ajayi's home.

As police continued to analyze Ajayi's cellphone data, they learned he was in Logan Canyon on June 25 between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., charging documents state. Investigators found Lueck's remains on July 3.

The blunt weapon damage on her left side certainly points to a possible in-the-car attack, but it could also just mean an attack as they’re facing each other, (if he’s right-handed.) If it was in the car, it’s a little surprising that the DA didn’t mention blood or any sign of violence. (Or did I miss that? However, there are blunt weapons that might not break the skin.) I think there’s still a reasonable possibility that she went to his house willingly. Their communications will probably clarify this.

MOO
It doesn’t have to be inside the car it was at park no one there and fake cameras. There could have been a struggle outside the car. She was a thin girl. You can bet he had, a hammer, a pipe, bat, a big maglite flashlight like cops carry whatever in his car to Incapacitate her.

I'm going to trust the coroner's expertise on determining cause of death here. The coroner found significant intracranial hemorrhaging, which would not have happened if the injury was post-mortem.

A personal theory I'm playing with is AA had a burner phone that he thought couldn't be tracked to him, and therefore thought that nothing he did with that phone would leave an evidence trail. Either that or he was just completely oblivious to how police use cell phone records. This is just an idea I've been toying with, not based on anything police said.

This is the only sane thing to do. Outguessing the ME and his office is an exercise in futility. Only the people who have seen and measured the bones and documented the evidence get to guess here.

Post-mortem and pre-mortem are relatively easy to distinguish (many clues, most of which people don't really want to know).

If he used a burner phone to text Kenzie, he is just showing once again how stupid he was - easily traceable all the way...to his house. But the police seem convinced that it was his phone, so I'm guessing it wasn't a burner.

The aggravated kidnapping could come from the fact that he restrained her in his home. Regardless of whether she went to that home willingly or not once he kept her from leaving, it was agravated kidnapping.
I don't believe ML went to the home willingly. I think AA had her restrained and silenced before she ever got out of the car to prevent her from screaming and fleeing.

JMO

Imo, that would just be kidnapping. He was charged with aggravated kidnapping, and one of the factors in Utah law that elevates it to aggravated kidnapping is when the perp used a weapon in the commission of the kidnapping.

Imo, which he did, and he had it with him in his vehicle.

That's why her phone was turned off immediately when she had just entered his vehicle.

Imo, what ruse or excuse he used to lure her there is irrelevant to what happened the second she entered his vehicle. His premeditated plan immediately began.

He was not there for a friendly get together. He was there to kidnap, brutalize, and murder.Imo

Imo
Posted this earlier -- sorry I was lazy in my reply. Chop chop go to edit!

Under state law found at Utah Code § 76-5-301, a person can be charged with kidnapping for:
  • Detaining or restraining a person against their will:
    • For a “substantial” amount of time.
    • For any amount of time, if there is a risk the victim will be seriously injured.
“Detaining” means keeping someone in a location against their will. “Restraining” means interfering with the person’s ability to move freely.

Kidnapping charges become aggravated when the defendant commits kidnapping and additional elements are present – for example, using a weapon or acting with intent to commit a sex crime (e.g. rape, aggravated sexual assault).

Utah Kidnapping (Code 76-5-301) Defense Attorneys

Last edited:
Lengthy, must read article. :)

https://ksltv.com/417582/ksl-investigates-ayoola-ajayis-changing-immigration-status/
Although much of a person’s immigration status is private information, representatives with the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office confirmed Ayoola Adisa Ajayi, the suspect charged in the murder of Mackenzie Lueck, is a lawful legal resident and he was at the time of his arrest.

It was not clear whether that status means Ajayi may or may not have had a green card.

In the fall of 2009, Utah State University confirmed Ajayi traveled from his home in Nigeria, Africa to Logan, Utah where he began attending classes on a student visa.

Shortly after Ajayi his arrival in October 2009, he was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Logan Dill was a missionary who taught Ajayi while serving in the Ogden mission.

Dill said he and his missionary companion met Ajayi while walking around on Utah State’s campus, and he appeared “very interested” in the faith.

“His dad in Nigeria, before he came here, had a dream that his son would find a church while he was here in Utah. So, it was just a really cool experience. Things moved very quickly. He just soaked everything up,” Dill said. “He found some instant friends, you know. People were very warm and welcoming, and accepted him right away.”

Dill knew Ajayi as “Joy.”

[...]

This is the only sane thing to do. Outguessing the ME and his office is an exercise in futility. Only the people who have seen and measured the bones and documented the evidence get to guess here.

Post-mortem and pre-mortem are relatively easy to distinguish (many clues, most of which people don't really want to know).

If he used a burner phone to text Kenzie, he is just showing once again how stupid he was - easily traceable all the way...to his house. But the police seem convinced that it was his phone, so I'm guessing it wasn't a burner.
How are burner phones easily traceable?

Those doors in video look awfully pristine so not sure they were over fire pit but maybe on reverse side of doors.
The one they put in the crime scene van and took away seemed to be taken from the area out of view, behind the garage. Strange thing is it didn't appear to be burned on either side from what I could see, as they were carrying it. Perhaps they meant it was put over the fire pit later, but I don't see a reason for any of them to be dotted about on the ground like that.

I don't understand why so many think she powered off her phone. I don't at all. IMO she did not turn her phone off. I feel sure AA did it. I think it all went bad the second she got in the car
I think he planned this all along probably because mr pyscho narcissist thought somehow she wronged or disrespected him possibly he found out she was with another man and this was payback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708