Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human remains found at Garrard County property connected to Savannah Spurlock case

LANCASTER, Ky. (WKYT) - Authorities have found human remains at a property in Garrard County in connection to the case of missing Richmond woman Savannah Spurlock.

Authorities are at Perkins Lane, which is one of the sites where search teams were deployed in the weeks following Spurlock's disappearance. The road is blocked at the Fall Lick Road intersection.
They received a tip around 5 p.m.

Troopers say the search is of the property of a potential suspect's family. No one is currently in custody.

Kentucky State Police is the lead investigating agency at the scene. Richmond police have been the lead investigating agency in the case. Garrard County authorities and the FBI are also at the property.

WKYT has confirmed a coroner was at the scene of the search. The coroner's vehicle left after midnight Thursday.

ETA: Trooper confirming a telephone tip determined credible led to the search outside of residence this evening.

Last edited:
Jacqueline Nie‏ @JacquelineLEX18
BREAKING: KSP say human remains were found on the property just before midnight tonight. KSP says they’re waiting on an autopsy for a positive ID. @LEX18News

9:35 PM - 10 Jul 2019 pst

Jacqueline Nie‏ @JacquelineLEX18
KSP says that due to the time period of when Savannah Spurlock went missing and when the human remains were found, investigators cannot make an ID. @LEX18News

9:39 PM - 10 Jul 2019 pst

@JacquelineLEX18
KSP told me they are interviewing people, but no one is in custody. @LEX18News

9:41 PM - 10 Jul 2019 pst

One thing that sticks out to me- Savannah left the bar and went to the house with three guys. It would be extremely unlikely that these three guys conspired to murder Savannah.

It never happens that way.

It will be interesting to find out what happened, if that becomes known.

RIP Savannah.

Would dogs be able to sniff out remains if they were in an airtight metal toolbox?

Theoretically, yes, because nothing’s THAT airtight, but my time at WS has turned me into a tremendous cynic, (no pun intended,) on the subject of dogs. When they find someone, they’re wonderful—no one can deny that.

When they don’t succeed... well, it was too hot, too cold, too damp, too dry. The dog wasn’t trained properly, or the handler misunderstood the dog’s signals, or just didn’t want to go where the dog signaled, because the terrain was too rough there. Let’s add airtight metal box to the list.

Airtight metal box.

Never used to hide a body in the history of mankind...as far as I know.

If there was a body in an airtight metal box on the property, whoever put the body there would have moved it, based on the property being ground zero for Savannah's last known location. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member