Found Deceased TX - Cedric Jackson, 18 months, Dallas, 9 July 2019 *Arrests*

"He said he swaddled the child to restrict the toddler’s movements because Cedric once “made a mess” with ketchup packets, the arrest warrant says.

The child had only lived in the home since May 21, the warrant says.

One of the children in the home said Johnson often wraps the child too tightly. Cedric did not like being wrapped and “would always fuss and cry prior to bedtime,” the warrant says."

I want this rotten human swaddled in prison, at minimum. Poor wee babe, may he RIP and play freely forever...

I got the statewide alert last night, and was concerned at the lack of info conveyed. I think sadly some of these are issued whenLE know what the outcome will be, and to avoid later criticism.

True, but
Possible that co-sleeping contributed and they panicked? I mean statistics are there for a death to occur with cosleeping/sharing beds

True, but I'm not sure about toddlers this old. Those problems are generally with tiny babies (and compromised adults...I slept safely with all four of mine into their toddler years).

I’m not convinced the swaddling story is made up. An older child in the home said the toddler was often “wrapped too tight.”

18-month-old boy at center of Amber Alert is dead, family and police sources say

Yes, but children don't inherently know what abuse it. Forcibly restrained and the child being told "swaddling" is the bigger possibility IMO. He's only been in the home since the end of May. I wonder if any other children were "swaddled" before that. You can't really swaddle an 18 month old, anyway. Unless you are actually restraining them.

"Wrapped too tight" is a massive red flag.

I’m not sure how an 18 month old could be “swaddled” so tightly he can’t get out. Most babies can break out of proper swaddling by 6 months. I’ll bet he was restrained with something more than a blanket. Rope, cord, belt, possibly so tight his breathing was affected or he moved/placed the restraint tight enough to strangle him.

RIP CJ. Removed from one home for his safety only to be murdered.

I’m not sure how an 18 month old could be “swaddled” so tightly he can’t get out. Most babies can break out of proper swaddling by 6 months. I’ll bet he was restrained with something more than a blanket. Rope, cord, belt, possibly so tight his breathing was affected or he moved/placed the restraint tight enough to strangle him.

RIP CJ. Removed from one home for his safety only to be murdered.

I have seen, in person, a demonstration of how to swaddle a preschooler using a blanket with scarves tied around it. In my case, the parent was finding creative ways to give her child the security the child needed, but of course it could certainly be done with other intents I'm not sure I even believe any kind of swaddling happened here

"swaddled the child nightly to restrict the toddler’s movements"
"Cedric started throwing up"
"he performed CPR for at least 30 minutes but Cedric did not wake up"

I wonder if the poor little guy asphyxiated on vomit and was already gone. Also, who doesn't call 911 the instant a baby isn't breathing? My opinion is, everything but "swaddled nightly" is a lie.

Well, well, well, it turns out to be a more familiar story now that we know it was the aunt's boyfriend not his father. There's no way the aunt wasn't aware. 2 and a half months after going to his aunt and Cedrick is murdered. What a good plan that was.

I have concerns about the juvenile supposedly identifying the older man rather than the boyfriend as coming into the home and taking Cedrick. Maybe the child was scared for other reasons.

Aunt's boyfriend arrested in death of 18-month-old Dallas boy found in landfill

From your link:
Johnson told detectives the boy started making noise at 12:30 a.m. When he unwrapped the toddler from his swaddle, Cedric started throwing up, court records show.

The man said he performed CPR for at least 30 minutes but Cedric did not wake up. Johnson told police he then took the boy's body to a dumpster in northeast Dallas, where he left the child.

I call BS. What happened between the noise making, ‘unwrapping’, vomiting, and supposed CPR? My daughter has woken up in the night when she has been sick and vomited, and never once did that result in myself or my husband needing to perform CPR. I know, there is a small chance the boy started vomiting while still in the swaddle and aspirated it, resulting in his death. But when a freak accident like that happens, god forbid, you wake your girlfriend up who is supposedly sleeping in the same room, and call 911. You don’t sneak out the house and throw the kid in a dumpster. And I’m sorry but how did girlfriend/aunt sleep through all this if in the same room? Especially if the other child in the house was woken up by it. The girlfriend/aunt says she put him to bed at 11:00 and saw him last shortly after. Now she says she woke up in the middle of the night and noticed him and boyfriend missing, and attempted to contact boyfriend to question why the two were missing in the middle of the night. Why not report that right away?? Why not call police when you notice them missing in the middle of the night and can’t get a hold of them?? I won’t be shocked when her story changes yet again. I am sorry for ranting, but I am so sick and tired of these trash parents/guardians/caregivers killing children and throwing them out like trash. Going to sit on my hands for a while here.

Last edited:
From your link:

I call BS. What happened between the noise making, ‘unwrapping’, vomiting, and supposed CPR? My daughter has woken up in the night when she has been sick and vomited, and never once did that result in myself or my husband needing to perform CPR. I know, there is a small chance the boy started vomiting while still in the swaddle and aspirated it, resulting in his death. But when a freak accident like that happens, god for in, you wake your girlfriend up who is supposedly sleeping in the same room, and call 911. You don’t sneak out the house and throw the kid in a dumpster. And I’m sorry but how did girlfriend/aunt sleep through all this if in the same room? Especially if the other child in the house was woken up by it. The girlfriend/aunt says she put him to bed at 11:00 and saw him last shortly after. Now she says she woke up in the middle of the night and noticed him and boyfriend missing, and attempted to contact boyfriend to question why the two were missing in the middle of the night. Why not report that right away?? Why not call police when you notice them missing in the middle of the night and can’t get a hold of them?? I won’t be shocked when her story changes yet again. I am sorry for ranting, but I am so sick and tired of these trash parents/guardians/caregivers killing children and throwing them out like trash. Going to sit on my hands for a while here.
Yep, it's donkey dung. They were swaddling Cedrick on a continuing basis because he once made a mess with ketchup packs? That makes no sense.

Rarely do these cases ever turn out to be an actual accident, it's going to come down to what LE and the DA can prove in court and what plea deals they offer IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back