Found Deceased TX - Cedric Jackson, 18 months, Dallas, 9 July 2019 *Arrests*

Well, well, well, it turns out to be a more familiar story now that we know it was the aunt's boyfriend not his father. There's no way the aunt wasn't aware. 2 and a half months after going to his aunt and Cedrick is murdered. What a good plan that was.

I have concerns about the juvenile supposedly identifying the older man rather than the boyfriend as coming into the home and taking Cedrick. Maybe the child was scared for other reasons.

Aunt's boyfriend arrested in death of 18-month-old Dallas boy found in landfill

I haven't seen how old the other child is, but it would have been dark and it was mentioned she hid because she was afraid. It's entirely possible she either didn't state his name, or mistook who it was.

Cedric did not like being wrapped and “would always fuss and cry prior to bedtime,” the warrant says."
Snipped for brevity.

Awww.... that lil' guy knew what was going to happen. :(
By "swaddled" the perp actually was tying him up and restraining him.
Swaddling is done with very young infants to reassure them --and done safely .

Wonder if Cedrick cried all night and the disgusting P. 0. S. 'swaddled' his face/mouth, as well ?
Sounds like either strangulation or possible blows to his little head.

Imo, LE need to start arresting the girlfriends/wives who allow this.

Last edited:
"swaddled the child nightly to restrict the toddler’s movements"
"Cedric started throwing up"
"he performed CPR for at least 30 minutes but Cedric did not wake up"

I wonder if the poor little guy asphyxiated on vomit and was already gone. Also, who doesn't call 911 the instant a baby isn't breathing? My opinion is, everything but "swaddled nightly" is a lie.

Wow. That woman absolutely knows what happened. She participated in abuse by "allowing" that man to tie that baby up every night. You can't really swaddle an 18 mo. That's an absurd claim. And no way did he make noises, wake the man, vomit, get CPR for 30 min and she never woke up. She let him abuse that baby and dump him like total garbage and most likely helped in all of it. So this is the family CPS approved to take care of him?!

Ugh, some families are horrific parents. I know a woman who lost custody of all 3 of her children. They were all given to grandparents. She never managed to regain custody. She sent me a picture today of kittens and I noticed a little boy in the photo. It turns out that's her "fiance's" grandson. His mother lost custody so they have him till she gets herself together. So a woman who couldn't keep custody of any of her own children is now watching a child for someone else who couldn't keep custody of their kids? It's just a nightmare.

It reminds me of that little boy I read on here yesterday whose mother abandoned him, then grandma took him but was arrested, then another caregiver took him but was arrested. So he's 3 yo and now on his 4th "mom". This child is probably sadly doomed to grow up to be a drug user who ends up abusing his own kids. It's just a horrific cycle of drug use and abuse.

I haven't seen how old the other child is, but it would have been dark and it was mentioned she hid because she was afraid. It's entirely possible she either didn't state his name, or mistook who it was.
Absolutely! To be clear, I'm concerned that someone "influenced" the child and that's what I meant about her possibly being afraid for other reasons.

We know the older man did not come into the house. So is the story now that the boyfriend sneaked into the house? Did he damage the front door? (it was reported upthread that maintenance was at the apartment today fixing the door) Wouldn't he have a key? And if he's been swaddling Cedrick frequently it implies he was staying with the aunt most of the time if not living there. So why break in?

And why would the child be afraid of him if he was around so much? And still not recognize him?

I believe the whole story of what happened in the middle of the night was staged and the child was used as a puppet by the boyfriend (and most likely the aunt too). MOO. Just speculation!

I'm just so sick of hearing of these poor children with people who could care less about them. These people couldn't even deal with a toddler without TYING him up at night. Let's not call it swaddling. I bet Cedrick never even had a crib or his own bed. They just tied him up and put him on the floor of the room. They tied him up so he couldn't take off. It was easier, cheaper and faster than providing an actual place to sleep or helping him fall asleep. I'd wager aunt just claimed he slept with her to explain away the lack of bed.

I'm just so sick of hearing of these poor children with people who could care less about them. These people couldn't even deal with a toddler without TYING him up at night. Let's not call it swaddling. I bet Cedrick never even had a crib or his own bed. They just tied him up and put him on the floor of the room. They tied him up so he couldn't take off. It was easier, cheaper and faster than providing an actual place to sleep or helping him fall asleep. I'd wager aunt just claimed he slept with her to explain away the lack of bed.
Emph. mine

Re. the bolded portion : Exactly !

Yes, but children don't inherently know what abuse it. Forcibly restrained and the child being told "swaddling" is the bigger possibility IMO. He's only been in the home since the end of May. I wonder if any other children were "swaddled" before that. You can't really swaddle an 18 month old, anyway. Unless you are actually restraining them.

"Wrapped too tight" is a massive red flag.

That was the tone of the article. The older child expressed fear.

For every ONE article posted on Websleuths, I literally see 10 more every single day in the paper.

I have no doubt that homocide is the number one reason for death among children under age five years old, in the United States. That should be huge news. Measles is minuscule compared to this.

I am curious about how many children were in the home and what their sleeping arrangements were. CPS is not supposed to place children into the home without a bed and bedroom space. (No more than 2 children sharing a room, opposite gender under 5 can share...but any above 5 have to be same gender.) The child can't share a bedroom with an adult, unless it's an infant. I don't remember what CPS considers an infant.

Allowing her boyfriend with a criminal history involving children...is definitely NOT allowed.

From your link:

I call BS. What happened between the noise making, ‘unwrapping’, vomiting, and supposed CPR? My daughter has woken up in the night when she has been sick and vomited, and never once did that result in myself or my husband needing to perform CPR. I know, there is a small chance the boy started vomiting while still in the swaddle and aspirated it, resulting in his death. But when a freak accident like that happens, god forbid, you wake your girlfriend up who is supposedly sleeping in the same room, and call 911. You don’t sneak out the house and throw the kid in a dumpster. And I’m sorry but how did girlfriend/aunt sleep through all this if in the same room? Especially if the other child in the house was woken up by it. The girlfriend/aunt says she put him to bed at 11:00 and saw him last shortly after. Now she says she woke up in the middle of the night and noticed him and boyfriend missing, and attempted to contact boyfriend to question why the two were missing in the middle of the night. Why not report that right away?? Why not call police when you notice them missing in the middle of the night and can’t get a hold of them?? I won’t be shocked when her story changes yet again. I am sorry for ranting, but I am so sick and tired of these trash parents/guardians/caregivers killing children and throwing them out like trash. Going to sit on my hands for a while here.

Is there a link for the bolded part? I can't find it. Maybe in an interview I didn't watch? Thanks!!

That is so disturbing that he would wrap the baby so tight he couldn’t move. My theory is that the baby started puking and he beat him. Or he beat him and he started puking before he died. Something happened between him starting to throw up and the boyfriend “doing CPR” for 30 minutes. No way was this not an assault, otherwise why not call an ambulance?!

How was that a slip up? He read a written statement that included the info. I’m confused.

I thought that up to that point he was being careful not to say when the baby died, but that this implies the baby died in the apartment (as opposed to after being taken out). I think at that point he was answering questions and no longer reading.

That poor baby was treated terribly by the boyfriend and aunt apparently just let it happen. I’d bet she gets booked too.

Poor baby Cedrick, Rest In Peace.

I hope so! There wasn’t any way she didn’t know it was happening! Why in the world did CPS put that baby into that home with so many other kids. Surely that was chaotic. Not to mention an abusive man.

I am curious about how many children were in the home and what their sleeping arrangements were. CPS is not supposed to place children into the home without a bed and bedroom space. (No more than 2 children sharing a room, opposite gender under 5 can share...but any above 5 have to be same gender.) The child can't share a bedroom with an adult, unless it's an infant. I don't remember what CPS considers an infant.

Allowing her boyfriend with a criminal history involving children...is definitely NOT allowed.
I almost posted this same thing but then I scratched it because the aunt likely didn’t give CPS any info about the boyfriend staying there or not having a bed for Cedric.

I hope so! There wasn’t any way she didn’t know it was happening! Why in the world did CPS put that baby into that home with so many other kids. Surely that was chaotic. Not to mention an abusive man.

We only know of one older girl...?

I have no clue why some women are actually attracted to men who have been in prison. And expose their children to them.

From what I understand, those are requirements for foster care placement, and when CPS places a kid into a family member's care, it's not technically fostering. I have legal guardianship of a child and CPS has never been involved. No one has ever looked at my home or asked me who lives there, if the child is ever spanked, etc. If I applied to be a foster parent vs guardian, all of these things would happen. It's kind of scary really.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back